1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Golf Shuttles to outlying golf courses.

Discussion in 'Getting There & Getting Around' started by Ray, Nov 7, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ray

Ray Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I will be a single golfer trying to get around without a car what would e best a cab uber or do they have golf shuttles from the Strip??? Any advice would be much appreciated. I am looking for affordable transportation So a Limo is out.

2. GamblingGolfer

GamblingGolfer High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Some courses have shuttles (vans, I think). However, if you're price conscious I would use one of the booking sites (ex. Golfnow) and Uber/Lyft/taxi to get there.

GG

3. Snidely

Snidely VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Angel Park has a shuttle for 6-10 players. You could call and see if you can piggy back on another group.

Uber is about $15 one way from the Strip to either Spanish Trails or Desert Pines. Both are nice courses fairly close to the Strip. That's the regular Uberx so not sure how it works with golf clubs.

4. ken2v

ken2v Wish I was in Bend

America's most valuable agricultural expanse
    Trips to Las Vegas:
    That is a question I never even considered when I wrote the golf book. It's us damn Californians, we just assume everyone has a car.

One option is to stay at an MGM Resorts property, pay the BIG freight to play Shadow Creek (M-Th) and they'll limo you out in style; assuming there's no other conflict that day and the course isn't closed to uninvited play.

I typically approach this matter -- be it golf or just getting to some place new in the valley -- by suggesting that you price a rental car for the day. You can get to any course you want, not just settling for a middling place simply because it is close, and you can add other sites and sights along the way, if interested. (My god, I just used a fare website that popped up on Goggle and it would supposedly cost 100 bucks r/t from the south Strip to LV Paiute Golf Resort.)

5. Joe

Joe VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Painted Desert seemed to have a shuttle, but I don't know the details. I've just seen it pull up and dump the players and their clubs.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.