1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Golf in the summer

Discussion in 'Shows & Entertainment' started by Macaulove, Jul 20, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Macaulove

Macaulove Newbie

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Has anyone tried golfing in the summer? I know it averages over 100 degrees during the day but checking out prices at some of the nicer courses are too good to turn down. Would love to hear about your experiences!

2. makikiboy

makikiboy VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Most of my friends who golf in the summer (in vegas) go out before dawn and are on the course when the sun rises. That way they can finish quickly and get out of the heat by 10 or 11 am. Hard though because temps are still in the 100's.

3. GamblingGolfer

GamblingGolfer High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    If you don't mind the heat/humidity (lots of water during, lots of bee after), it can be a good deal. My wife loves it.

GG

4. M_ILIS

M_ILIS VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I've done it many times. Conditions often aren't what you'd get the rest of the year, but prices aren't, either. Most Vegas courses I've played in summer have actually been in pretty good shape considering the heat they endure day in and day out. If you're looking for specific recommendations, the Paiute courses don't seem to have any water issues and are seemingly always in great condition.

5. Joe

Joe VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Done it many times when we lived there. A word of caution... skip the alcohol till you at least make the turn. :poke:

• Like Like x 1
  6. luckymanstan

luckymanstan Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I used to love it. You can get some cheap tee times for midday starts. Just grab a big rimmed hat, sunblock and drink plenty of water for a round to remember!

7. makikiboy

makikiboy VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:

Any golf carts with air conditioning? :poke:

They would scoop up if they created carts that had air conditioning in them. They could probably charge an extra $30 or more just for the opportunity to stay cool when playing during the summer. Hmmm, maybe I should design something with a portable a/c and enclosed cart and market it to the vegas golf courses. If that works then I can try to market it in AZ, TX, OK, and other hot summer areas.

8. Joe

Joe VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Several different variations. This one only $5 more per cart.

http://www.tampabay.com/sports/golf/air-conditioned-golf-cart-one-of-many-ways-to-beat-the-summer-heat/1099447

9. makikiboy

makikiboy VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    awww shucks, I thought I had something there. would have been a nice change of pace after I retire, designing and selling a/c golf carts.

Oh well, have to keep looking for that business that will make me a bunch of money.

10. Barney Rubble

Barney Rubble Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    As long as you use your brain you'll be fine golfing in the summer. Sunblock and water are your friends. As long as you do both and avoid beer until later in the round it is not that big a problem dealing with the heat.

11. Big Tip

Big Tip VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    We do it all the time. But I'm from Texas. We get 100° + days all the time here, but humid too. So a lot of the times the hot hot, but dry, days in Vegas are actually pleasant. I just remind myself to drink lots of water. Even though my shirt is dry I know I am sweating a lot.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.