1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Golf Clubs & Luggage Question

Discussion in 'Getting There & Getting Around' started by bedaniels, Jun 19, 2021.

1. bedaniels

bedaniels High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I've been playing golf in Vegas the last several trips and I've been renting clubs each round. This gets expensive, I want to bring my clubs for free on Southwest. However I see the long lines for luggage check in at the airport and it looks like a shit show. I normally only bring a carry on bag and avoid luggage issues.

Is there a luggage service from strip properties where one can check luggage/golf clubs at the hotel and avoid the long lines?

Also my MB host provides limo to/from airport. I imagine there's no issues getting the clubs in the limo?

Thank you!

2. VegasBJ

VegasBJ VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    no problem getting clubs in the limo trunk.
    curbside check in / skycaps are back open now at McCarran , so that would be the easiest way to check in your clubs. the skycaps seem to let the limo drop offs get preferential/ go right to the front of the line treatment - at least in my experience

• Informative Informative x 1
  3. ReTriggerMe

ReTriggerMe VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Interesting observation...

Perhaps its because I avoid peak travel of Fridays and Sundays. Even when TSA lines are long, I haven't seen a luggage check line at OAK or LAS for SWA in past six trips, latest one week ago. Can you kiosk, self tag clubs, or are they special handling that requires a different line?

WTF?! Who Leaves LV Saturday and Flies Back Wednesday?!
    Holiday Return after 39 Months
  4. tfcoach72

tfcoach72 High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    As VegasBJ says, use sky cap outside to check golf clubs. I do this every trip and very easy. Minimal wait times has been my experience for many years. Probably the best tip money I use during my Vegas trips.

Annual Anniversary and Holiday trip
  5. bedaniels

bedaniels High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thank you! I appreciate the info!