1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Golden Nugget, Treasure Island, & Hard Rock bars to add drink monitoring systems

Discussion in 'Comps' started by zignerlv, May 15, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. zignerlv

zignerlv VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
  2. SH0CK

SH0CK Stylin' and Profilin' Quasi Tech Admin

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Moved this to it's own topic so it doesn't get lost in the shuffle of the old thread.

The article also says that Venetian/Palazzo and Westgate have install the Ardent system. That link in the article doesn't seem to be working, so I'm not sure what Ardent is all about.

3. stackinchips

stackinchips VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    It seems to me that for the most part, these systems are actually a good thing for most players. It takes away the guess work of how much someone is playing and whether they deserve a drink from the bartender's perspective, and from a players perspective, you don't have to worry about arguing with a bartender over how much or how fast your playing. It's obviously not good for the schemers who pop a 20 into a bartop, play one 25 cent hand and then drink as fast as they can, but for real players, it's best to filter those types out anyways or eventually they'll kill the golden goose for everyone.

Of course the one caveat would be that if they start "tightening" the system so that it takes a lot more play to earn a drink, then that obviously wouldn't be great, but then everyone will just move to the slot floor.

4. zignerlv

zignerlv VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thanks, probably a good idea.

I spoke to a bartender at the Golden Nugget last year, and they were asked to give their input on how they felt the system should work. Surprised that it's taking this long to get it in.

I will say, of all the places I've played, the Golden Nugget has the biggest need for this system. If you saw or heard all the attempts of bending the rules by customers wanting a free drink for next to no play there, and all their excuses, and all the time spent "discussing" the rules, this will be a big help there. It really gets annoying just hearing all the discussions over how people interpret the drink rules... arguing over things like "continuous play". There even is a fair share of homeless people sitting down at the bars there and trying to argue their case for a free drink.

Last edited: May 15, 2017
  5. stackinchips

stackinchips VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Yes, I bet most bartenders love this because it makes their job a lot easier. And let's be honest, if you really have a problem with these systems, it's likely that you're part of the reason for the system in the first place. For a place like the GN (or anywhere downtown) these are probably even more necessary, simply because of the things you bring up. Like most times in a business/customer relationship, the clearer the expectations are from the get go for both parties, the less likely there is to be an issue.

6. JeJas

JeJas VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Love the system

7. STPFan

STPFan High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I agree with the systems in principle, but we had some bad service over at the heart bar in PH due to the system. We sat down and were putting in money, the bartender asked what we wanted and proceeded to get it. Since we had just sit down our lights didn't activate yet and he realized it after opening the beers. He told us he had to wait to give us our beers and set them down on his side of the bar counter. He then walked away and we had to look at the beers for close to 15 minutes when we could finally flag someone and get our now warming beers. Seriously considered walking away to hit the floor but we wanted to sit at a bar. So we got bad paytables and bad service to boot. We should have realized there was a reason this bar had more seating than the other ones.

8. spicole

spicole No shirt, no shoes... NO DICE!

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I have heard that is is quite the opposite. While the general opinion is that this system was put into place to manage customers, a bit more cynical view is that the primary benefit to the house is that it has managed the bartenders and the flow of free drinks. I had a short conversation with one of the bartenders at Cosmo who said that in general they didn't like it, and they had notice a SHARP decrease in tips.

9. georgesken

georgesken Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Do you think that a bartender should be rewarded (a tip) for giving away a drink which should not have been given away to start with?

10. Big dan

Big dan High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
  11. ScottE

ScottE Roller!

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Perhaps it is different at PH, but my experience at Cosmo was they gave you the first drink when you sat down and put the $$$ in the machine. The next or second drink was based on the light coming on (or voucher in Cosmo's case)

12. DAS4413

DAS4413 Low-Roller

STICK that Light/Ticket system where the moon dont shine.

• Funny Funny x 1
  13. vegasdev

vegasdev VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    wow that's tacky.

14. vegasdev

vegasdev VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    'cept sometimes on the slot floor it is hard to find a CW.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.