1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Golden Nugget, The D, or Downtown Grand during Bikefest?

Discussion in 'Downtown Hotels' started by nikki76755, Jul 9, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. nikki76755

nikki76755 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Hello everyone, I'm headed to Vegas for Bikefest weekend and need some advice on hotel choices. I've never stayed Downtown before but these are the ones i've narrowed it down to, Golden Nugget, The D, and the Downtown Grand.

2. KKB

KKB VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Forget the D--the other 2 are a definite step up from it.
    I always said the only place to stay is the Nugget. But I have an affinity for the Grand these days.
    DT is VERY VERY busy & crowded on weekends. We were there in November--a slower time--and I couldn't believe the crowds. The beauty of the Grand is that it is NOT as busy as those actually right on Fremont Street but is just a block away.
    SO if you want to be in the center of the action--go Nugget. If you want a bit of a reprieve from the crowds--go Grand.

3. Backagain1

Backagain1 High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    We recently stayed at the Downtown Grand and loved it. Rooms were great, service was great and we heard that it was loud but we did not experience that for the most part. I travel with a small fan and on one night I turned it on because I heard noise and after that it was fine.
    I am planning on Golden Nugget for my next trip only because I want to try something different.

4. dukeofdarby

dukeofdarby High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    if price does not matter -------the golden nugget is by far the class of downtown------

5. DickTater

DickTater Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I, unwittingly, stayed at the DTg during Bikefest last year. I had no idea Bikefest was that weekend, but I quickly learned. Because Hogs and Heifers is at the DTG, there are bands, revving bikes and parties all night long on the street between the two towers. If you want to be in the middle of the raucousness, DTg is your place. However, if you want to sleep before 2:00 am, you may have a problem. Personally, I don't care much for the Nugget precisely because it is like a strip hotel. That means worse gambling, higher prices, and more crowds.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.