1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Golden Nugget Room Access

Discussion in 'Downtown Hotels' started by palellama, Sep 8, 2021.

1. palellama

palellama Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I have a Gold Tower Parlor Suite booked for November. We are going with a larger group and the intention was to have somewhere to gather, but the others are staying in other towers. My assumption had been that GN hotel guests wouldn't have too much of an issue coming up, especially if I give them extra room keys, but I saw a review that suggested security was checking specific guest names on weekend nights at the elevator. Does anyone know if that is a thing?

Also, at checkout they had an option to add a refrigerator for an extra $50 a night, but I'm assuming it comes with a Parlor Suite by default?

2. Brandt

Brandt Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Checking guests names would be a logistical impossibility. I have never even seen security check for room keys, but this would be a possibility. Note, in the rush tower at least you do need the correct key to get to your floor. I was unable to scan my key in the elevator and select a different floor for a person riding with me.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Hyperfocal

Hyperfocal VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    There's a good chance you will have to go downstairs and collect your guests if they don't have a card for your floor.

It's increasingly common to have to scan the RFID card in the elevator and only have access to the one floor. It's also possible for security to have a way to scan cards to see if they are valid for a given bank of elevators.

I've never had a hotel deny me extra key cards at check in. 2 per person is very reasonable.

• Informative Informative x 1
  4. Dan N

Dan N Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I would think it also depends on if there's a particularly special event that weekend. But you should be able to make multiple copies of keys later without invalidating your old ones; they may not print you 4-6 keys to start but you could get 2 keys at 2-3 different occasions and that would presumably let your group move freely. Matching reservations to the valid key card does sound like a logistical nightmare.