1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Gold Coast Questions

Discussion in 'Off-Strip Hotels' started by nhcris, Jun 1, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MGinCO

MGinCO VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I forgot to ask when I was there a few weeks ago.
    I was suppose to get a $100 comp from my host, but the new " restaurant host" did not mention it.
    I ended up using my points.

I hope they stay open, because it's a gem, IMO.

2. Dewey089

Dewey089 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thanks. I don't go until September and I'd love it if both the buffet and the Cortez room were serving then.

3. leo21

leo21 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    The report I read was they were getting a refresh. It wasn't clear if the menu or name was changing but the impression I got was that it would still be a restaurant of that calibur.

4. Dewey089

Dewey089 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    The mailing I got today was for $35 and $75 room rates in September. Remember I don't gamble at the Gold Coast, but just pay for rooms.
    This reduced my 7 night costs from the booking I made a few months ago. I saved $150.
    Nice because I really had no options for those nights. Taking along my wife. Meeting two sons there and needing to be close to Caesar's for other birthday events for another son.
    And there was no hassle. The clerk just brought up my reservation, applied the mailing to the weekend, sent me an email and that was that. Well, it cost $10 more a night for the premium rooms. I had booked them. Most here said that it did not seem to matter, but I'll feel better about bringing my wife who likes things more upscale than those even.

I'm reading nothing more about the buffet closing, so I think that was just a very weak rumor and probably not happening.

5. keno60

keno60 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    i have given them some good play and was not able to get anything other than free rooms. Even went into a host asked for a buffet, no luck, that time I even played some penny slots to lower my ADT.

6. nhcris

nhcris VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I didn't end up using my offer this month, but I was happy to get another for Sept/Oct and happier to see that the Cortez Room is staying open.

7. azbob

azbob MIA

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I got exactly the same story as Tom re: the Cortez Room...refresh, possible move to the showroom and not closing... we are going again in three weeks and looking forward to it.

8. Film-Noir

Film-Noir High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    will miss Cortez also

Cortez Room:
    We love the Huge, Delicious, Ice bowl Shrimp Coctails @ Cortez room, tasty Prime rib,
    We will also miss our Fav. Waiter there, Shawn.
    Brilliant service.

9. Dewey089

Dewey089 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thanks for posting. Good news. We go in September for a week and it will be great to have that place still there.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.