1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Gold Coast $15/DAY for a refrigerator!

Discussion in 'Off-Strip Hotels' started by letsgotovegas, Apr 18, 2019.

1. FullPay

FullPay When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Sounds like I could mobilize an Uber army with coffee pots and miniature fridges. But seriously, does anyone know what becomes of all this gear when it is abandoned in the room?

2. Vegas Pilgrim

Vegas Pilgrim Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    One of the last time I stayed there (fall of 2018) I got offered a fridge free for my whole (10 day) stay at checkin. Not much leftovers to put in it, but water kept cold. Didn’t happen before or since.

Second Pilgrimage of 2019
  3. GeorgeJ.

GeorgeJ. High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Did you mean Boyd-cotting Vegas?

• Like Like x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
  4. Catzilla

Catzilla Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    So here is my refrigerator report.

When checking in I asked about my refrigerator. The reservation clerk said one was available and it would be $15 per day. I said, no, it is supposed to be per stay. She told me I was mistaken. So, I pulled out the email from them and showed it to her. She read it a few times and then walked over to another person and showed them. They discussed it. Then she came back and told me it will be per stay THIS time, and THIS time only. She was firm, but polite.

So I got my refrigerator and a beauty it was, sitting on a nice box.

refer1.jpg

refer2.jpg

So now I have a refrigerator. The next morning everything I put in there was frozen solid, including a Subway sandwich. I turned it down, but stuff still froze. I went to the desk and asked them to remove the charge and the freezer, which they did. I will not be getting a refrigerator at Gold Coast again.

refer3.jpg

End of report.

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  5. letsgotovegas

letsgotovegas High-Roller

Thanks for reporting in @Catzilla !

Maybe we need to see if we can get a VMB rolling cooler to keep there and share. Lol.

To tell the truth, I actually preferred the cooler. It was larger and the temperature more reliable! While yours froze everything, the last couple of fridges I had barely kept things cool let alone cold.

Cheers
    Kelly

6. lmking1224

lmking1224 High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I've noticed this in a lot of hotels, too. I just had an epiphany, actually, and I'm wondering if that's why many Vegas hotels don't have refrigerators? It might be a pain to keep thousands of mini refrigerators in good shape...

7. epWick

epWick Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I put a cloth cooler, some Ziplock bags, and 3' of aquarium tubing in my suitcase. My wife sells 31 bags so we have a few of these medium sized coolers. My carry-on item is one of those canvas cinch style backpacks. With that I can fetch about 6# of ice to put in the cooler. I keep food dry with the Ziploc bags, and I use the tubing to siphon water out of the cooler into the sink so I never have to dump or move anything. Each morning while I'm brewing fresh ground coffee, I'll get a load of ice and drain the cooler. Then if I want to argue with the front desk, I tell them that I'm melting ice and siphoning water; and you better not try and stop me.

8. Catzilla

Catzilla Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I think we should buy a refrigerator, check it at the bell desk when we leave, then mail the ticket to the next person staying there. :p

Like others have said, some of the refrigerators in the past barely kept things cold, so frozen solid was kind of a surprise. I did have a small insulated soft side cooler that I put in my suitcase and packed things in. It didn't really work as well as I hoped it would.

9. nhanna45

nhanna45 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    They don't want you to buy one meal and eat it again tomorrow , or buy your own beer and keep it cold. They want you to buy something from them for every meal or beverage at a substantial markup.

Downtown fun after Conference
    SHRM Conference 2019!
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Informative Informative x 1