1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Going to Vegas the week before EDC

Discussion in 'Misc. Vegas Chat' started by ultima-forsan, Oct 9, 2019.

1. ultima-forsan

ultima-forsan Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I am going to Vegas next May and it is the week-end before EDC. The hotels were a lot cheaper the week before and I am wondering if I just booked in a wrong time. Does the city will be dead the week before and after EDC? Will it impact the night clubs as there won't be any known djs the week before?

Thanks for the help

2. DaiLun

DaiLun R.C., L.C., and A.A.N.G.

Trips to Las Vegas:
    IMHO, Las Vegas is never "dead". Pick the price you want to pay for a hotel room, and stick with it. Personally, I never saw much merit in picking specific dates unless the event was really something special.

There's always something to do in Las Vegas. Of course, that being said that I have not paid for a room in Las Vegas since 2013.

Playstudios Friends and Family party at Park MGM!!!
    First GGWU/HGS ballroom event
    • Like Like x 1
  3. nostresshere

nostresshere Mr. Anti Debit Card

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Vegas is never dead.

Maybe a few less "name" acts is possible. But, never dead.

4. tmoney25

tmoney25 High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I know that I'm going to the wrong destination, but I hate crowds. I also like to save money. So when I go for strictly vacation time I book the cheapest weeks. The cheapest weeks is usually when there will be less people. It's the entire supply and demand thing. The thing with less people in Vegas is that there is still a lot of people around and plenty of things to see and do. It's just easier to walk down the sidewalks in many places... Sometimes.

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. Marky147

Marky147 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Think the DJs are all contracted to the resorts, so the clubs still have their nights.

I've been a few times during EDC, just because it landed on the dates I was going, and all I noticed was more people walking around indoors in swimwear, whilst heavily drugged lol.

Can't beat a free suite!
    Who doesn't love some December terrace time?
  6. tee6395

tee6395 Downtown Dreamer

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I was there this year the week before EDC. I stayed downtown and it was the same ol' same ol. Slightly crowded by afternoon and wall to wall people under the canopy at night. I agree with everyone else above when they stated that Vegas is never really "dead." I would be grateful to have some elbow room if the crowds are a bit thinner. Prices down - that's your first win!

7. DaiLun

DaiLun R.C., L.C., and A.A.N.G.

Trips to Las Vegas:
    EDC = Bikinis and furry leg warmers!!!! :headbang:

Playstudios Friends and Family party at Park MGM!!!
    First GGWU/HGS ballroom event
    • Like Like x 2