1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Gluten free eating on the strip

Discussion in 'Restaurants & Buffets' started by westcanguy, Dec 28, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. westcanguy

westcanguy Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Arriving in Vegas on the 29th for 5 days and would like to hear if anyone has found any new options on the strip for gluten free eating. My better half is celiac with Crohn's so this isn't so much a choice but a necessity. With past trips, we have found places like PF Changs and Mon Ami Gabi have good GF options. Even In N Out works when ordered protein style.

If any of you have had a good experience with GF dining on the strip, I'd sure appreciate your comments.
    Thanks!

5 x Multiplier
  2. azlefty

azlefty VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    This may already be something you do, but if not: A friend of mine who is celiac and very careful about it likes to eat at buffets. He asks to talk to the chef, and at most or all of them, the chef will gladly give a tour of the buffet and point out everything that is gluten free.

• Like Like x 2
  3. Sonya

Sonya Queen of VMB

Trips to Las Vegas:
    We found several gluten free options available at Cosmo including at Egg Slut and Scarpettas.

Most restaurants have a menu posted out front that will help you decide if that option is available. Or look up the places you are interested online. Most have at least a sample menu posted.

• Like Like x 2
    • Informative Informative x 1
  4. fraygul

fraygul Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    The Henry has a gluten free menu now. The pasta was really good. (though I can't say I really trust the food there because they serve breakfast and crumbs get in everything) The find me gluten free app has Aria's buffet and wicked spoon as highly rated and they are supposedly able to get a chef to tour you through and can make something not cross contaminated. I'm really touchy with just cross contamination.. I tried at wicked spoon and they didn't really bother, but your results may be better. My best experience was in the wolfgang puck restaurant in crystals. They actually seemed concerned about it and knew the ingredients well enough to be helpful, and it was delicious. That's where I've decided to eat when I get hungry enough. I mostly stocked up on snacks at cvs the last couple trips. though i've been sick on my last 4 trips or so to Vegas from getting glutened.. so.. yeah.

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  5. tigers4life

tigers4life Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    My vote also is the Buffetts for people that have most but not all food restrictions. It is hard not to find what you want and when my friends have asked someone usually helps them with their needs. If I might offer another suggestion. That is to use Yelp. Put in the address you are staying for search instead of restaurants type in Gluten-free, Kosher, Vegetarian, etc the final trick is to go to filers and put in a distance often when I am on the road with my team I will put in just a few blocks to get a place they can walk to. (In vegas a few blocks might not work) But it has yet to let me down in finding places that are close. You can see menus read reviews and in the Gluten-Free case even read about places that have cross-contamination issues. Really it is a simple way to find stuff

• Like Like x 1
  6. 44inarow

44inarow VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I'd highly recommend calling in advance. It sounds as if your partner has an actual medical reaction to gluten, rather than just being "gluten sensitive" or "trying to avoid it" (not to knock either of those, but it changes the calculus). If they can't eat food with gluten in it, that's one thing; if they can't eat food that's been prepared in the vicinity of anything with gluten, that's another. It's sort of like "kosher", where I know people that keep kosher but will eat vegetarian food, and people that keep kosher and will not eat from a kitchen that doesn't have direct rabbinical oversight even if there's no meat, shellfish, or dairy involved. There are broad spectrums.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  7. Kobra2848

Kobra2848 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    There is a pizza place on the Linq promenade called Flour and Barley that has gluten free offerings.

Mark

• Like Like x 1
  8. sageblue

sageblue High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    • Like Like x 2
  9. westcanguy

westcanguy Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thanks to all for the suggestions. It's helped me a lot and the first thing I've done is download the" find me GF" app. I hadn't considered buffets although we are attending the late dinner party sitting at the Flamingo on NYE and I hear that is a buffet. I appreciate the heads up on the restaurants mentioned that have GF options as it offers more variety for us.
    Now if I can only find the right VP machine to grind on to maintain my Diamond status by Tuesday night...

5 x Multiplier
    • Like Like x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.