1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Global Entry

Discussion in 'Non-Vegas Chat' started by Ty, Sep 21, 2021.

1. Ty

Ty ?

Trips to Las Vegas:
    My wife has been using her government Known Traveler Number for years to get TSA-precheck, but now she's about to retire and it seems she has to get a paid-for KTN.

We're hoping to do some travelling overseas so we applied for Global Entry this past Sunday the 19th. Got Conditional Approval yesterday and started looking to schedule an interview.

Atlanta airport has nothing available till Feb 2022! Kept looking and found interviews available this Thursday in Gulfport, Mississippi. Booked a comped 3 night stay at Beau Rivage starting tomorrow.

• Like Like x 5
  2. HoyaHeel

HoyaHeel Grammar Police & Admin

Trips to Las Vegas:
    12(?) yrs ago, we couldn't get appts in NC, DC, or Atlanta for more than 6m. We went to Wisconsin to visit my sister - interviews were just next to the car rental garage :)

• Wow! Wow! x 1
  3. 44inarow

44inarow VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Once you get through the first appointment, you can do all your renewals online, at least. The Global Entry "interviews" are pretty much a non-issue, they just do fingerprints and show you how to use the kiosks, but availability is more limited than the Pre-Check appointments. I remember seeing that the Manhattan appointments were booked for months out, but I just jumped out to JFK and got it taken care of.

• Informative Informative x 2
  4. Fet297

Fet297 113 survivor North Vegas

Trips to Las Vegas:
    That’s funny. Similar to us. We applied end of last year, conditional approval a day later. No local appointments for 8 months. Vegas had openings on my January solo trip and also for my SO in March. Got to use Global Entry in May when we returned from the UK. Loved it!

Wedding Anniversary trip
  5. JoJoR

JoJoR VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I had my interview back in January of 2020. At the time, my original appointment was at least 5 months out, but I stalked the website a few times a day to see if anyone would cancel and scored an appointment. At the time Vegas location had openings daily and I was really tempted to just fly out and just get it done... haha.

Relax to the Max
  6. Ty

Ty ?

Trips to Las Vegas:
    At one point they had an opening for this Sunday in Vegas but it was only one slot. If it had been for too we might be going there instead.

Kim's working half a day today and we hope to be on the road by noon.

• Like Like x 1
  7. 44inarow

44inarow VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Honestly, even if there's only one slot available I'd say one of you two should go for it. At least that way you only need to find one more slot in the future. Unless things have changed, it's really fast, they basically just do the fingerprinting and show you how to use the kiosk.

8. bubbakitty

bubbakitty Doing retirement again and happily so....

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Interestingly they don’t care if your exiting the country but only entry. What drunken barmaid informed you of this process? (I hope the executive chef was notified of your pending arrival ;) ). Good luck in the interview. Practice the “hmmmph….I didn’t know that….” And hope the aunt and cousin aren’t aware of the process. Uncle’s ok, he’s still looking for snuff at Sam’s Club. :eek:

Tirement party over again…..poor thing.
  9. miniwhale

miniwhale High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    When we signed my son up, first available was several weeks out. But after stalking the schedule, one opened up a few days out. I have heard several people got an appointment quicker doing that.

10. HoyaHeel

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Might have been true for you but not me. My interview was 3 times as long as my husband's and I was asked about every country I listed having visited....(perhaps not everyone has worked in Asia or Africa, but doesn't it seem likely that most people who signed up for GE in the early years were frequent international travellers?? I don't know why my interview was so detailed....)

That would have been nice if the location is nearby...We didn't bother trying - just found another location. People cancel all the time so it's a great idea to keep checking if it's easy for you to get there on short notice.....

11. 44inarow

44inarow VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    It can definitely vary. I'd done a bunch of international travel, but I was way back in the early days. I wanted it mostly for Pre, though, and for only $10-15 more, i figured, why not.
    Well, to be fair, it's called "Global Entry"...

• Funny Funny x 1
  12. Sfgiants13

Sfgiants13 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I renewed my nexus a year and a half ago and still can’t get an interview after a conditional approval. Pretty dumb I have to get an interview to renew too.

13. The Rumor

The Rumor VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Don't forget to look if you have a credit card that pays for this fee

• Agree Agree x 2
  14. HoyaHeel

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Yes, we were early as well. We're on a renewal now.....

15. DaiLun

DaiLun R.C., L.C., and A.A.N.G.

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I disagree. I have problems which will prevent me from EVER qualifying for Global Entry.

In my youth (but still an adult), I committed an offense and spent a couple of days in the local hoosegow. The county in which I was arrested has lost the records, so I cannot "prove" that I did my time. Unfortunately, the US Govt. still shows the offense, but not satisfactory completion of the punishment.

I find that the mobile passport option works to speed my entry back into the US.

If I traveled more than once or twice a year internationally, I'd look for an alternate solution.

Last edited: Sep 22, 2021
    Borgata Atlantic City - 2 nights comped
    (tentative) First HGS weekend
  16. Ty

Ty ?

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Yes, we have each received an email from Amex about an upcoming credit. We didn't even have to ask for it. Cool!

17. Ty

Ty ?

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Interview was quick and easy. Hardest part was finding the place. They want you to go to a waiting area, not an office. Up the escalator, U-turn to the right, ahead in the left, sit near the water cooler. But they only said go to the second level.
    PXL_20210923_145442955.jpg PXL_20210923_145456650.jpg PXL_20210923_145508467.jpg PXL_20210923_145510194.jpg PXL_20210923_152958472.jpg

• Like Like x 2
    • Informative Informative x 1
  18. Ty

Ty ?

Trips to Las Vegas:
    At the end of the interview I was told the ID number on my application is my Known Traveler Number and valid immediately.

• Like Like x 1
  19. CalifLovesVegas

CalifLovesVegas High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    FINDING THE PLACE.
    That was the biggest prob I had when I went for my Interview in Vegas.
    I wandered all around the airport, and asked a few different employees, until I finally stumbled onto it!
    The agent was very matter of fact, and didn't allow any add'l people.
    So if One person signed up, but brought the spouse in the hopes of also getting an interview done?
    I saw him say No.
    Maybe its better now, and more lax?
    I hope their Signage has gotten better.

20. Fet297

Fet297 113 survivor North Vegas

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Signage @ McCarren terminal 3 in January 2021…

A4290E11-BF0D-4274-BCB4-F0102C5DA405.jpeg

Attached Files:

Wedding Anniversary trip