1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Giving new meaning to "Don't drink & drive"

Discussion in 'Non-Vegas Chat' started by rcc4au, May 18, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. rcc4au

rcc4au Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I'm not into golf, but I do enjoy TopGolf. I first experienced it about 4 days after the opening of the Vegas location and can't wait to go back. They're building one in my area and it will be completed by the end of the year, so I'll get to enjoy it more soon.

Anyways, I guess this guy is proof of why you shouldn't drink and drive...

http://www.golf.com/extra-spin/2017/05/17/watch-man-whiffs-falls-topgolf-balcony

2. Imperial_Palace_King

Imperial_Palace_King High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Only a matter of time before that happened. I'd be surprised if that was the first time.

3. nostresshere

nostresshere Mr. Anti Debit Card

Trips to Las Vegas:
    hint... you have to scroll down the page and not watch the first video (at least when I went to that page)

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. Gino

Gino "The King of Inappropriate."

Trips to Las Vegas:
    :evillaugh: Of course it's the one in Tampa...Gotta love Florida man...

Reno to Las Vegas...and other places in between..
  5. Breeze147

Breeze147 Button Man

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Clowns

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. makikiboy

makikiboy VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I visited topgolf in vegas last month (April). It was okay, I just walked around the place to see how it was. It was interesting because the range wasn't that long. If you hit over 210 yards you will probably hit the net at the end. I was there on a week day (Thursday) and at 2 pm it was probably only 1/3 filled at most. The funniest thing about the visit was a group of guys dressed in Disney outfits (no kidding!). One like snow white, others in Cinderella costumes. Not sure what the reason was, maybe a bachelor party or something. I must have a picture of that somewhere, I'll post it when I find it.

I guess it is good if you want to socialize and get some practice in. In Honolulu, our driving range in town (Ala Wai) charges $8 for a bucket of balls (72) so I think it would be comparable to have a top golf instead. I know some people mentioned it because the driving range keeps going through renovations and ownership but I think that they could build one in Honolulu.

I also wondered about the mats and if someone overdid it and fell. I didn't notice if there were nets to protect golfers if they fell but I wouldn't be surprised if they installed those eventually.

I also wonder how much maintenance they need to handle the balls coming up from underneath. One other range had one of those contraptions but eventually they stopped it because it kept breaking down.

7. rcc4au

rcc4au Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    There are nets at the end of the bay to catch fools like this guy. I guess they extend about 2 feet out. The holes are big enough for balls to fall through, but small enough to catch a human.

If you drive all the way to the end, there's a gutter - I forget what they call it exactly - but it registers X number of points in the game. They have several different ways to play. I think we played on teams. I played with 3 frequent golfers, so I'm sure they were thrilled with my lack of ability when it came to scoring, as I could barely drive it 95 yards. Mind you, the only other time I had ever picked up a club was playing putt putt, so I thought I did pretty well overall.

Of course it's not the same as going to the driving range, but it does make for a good time for socializing and having a drink or two while hitting some balls. Even though I'm a non-golfer, I really enjoyed it, and am looking forward to going back in just over two weeks.

I will say that it wasn't very busy when we went on a Tuesday afternoon. They had opened the Thursday before, but I don't think many knew it had opened yet. By the end of the week, it was packed and traffic was backed up onto Koval Ln. Of course, being dark may have had something to do with it, but it was definitely hopping.

8. dmr

dmr Registered Abuser

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I've never done this but I've heard it is fun. I am not a golfer but it looks like I might like this. They are supposedly opening up one in west Omaha like Any Day Now!

9. rcc4au

rcc4au Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I'm definitely not a golfer, but I had a blast. I knew there was no way I'd come close to driving the ball as far as the 3 males I was with, so I kind of did my own thing, but was surprised at only missing the ball 3 times when swinging - having never picked up a club until that day. I just picked a grid I felt was a reasonable choice to aim for and consistently tried to get closer to the pin. TRY would be the key word, as I really could only get to the far outside grid of one of the closer holes, but I did what I could.

I think you should definitely give it a try. The balls are chipped and they track your progress on a screen in your bay. There were several types of "games" to play. I think we just stuck with pairs and highest score wins. Whoever got stuck with me was destined to lose, but they were all good sports about it. I even got a fancy, light-up, over-priced golf bag souvenir cup with some fruity drink to sip on while we were there.

10. Electroguy563

Electroguy563 Over-Fried Gambler

Trips to Las Vegas:
    The video wouldn't play when I clicked on it...:cry:

11. tringlomane

tringlomane STP Addicted Beer Snob

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Wow. I thought momentum and not stupidity would have made him fall in.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.