1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Giordanos anyone?

Discussion in 'Restaurants & Buffets' started by Blacklegs22, Apr 12, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Blacklegs22

Blacklegs22 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Admittedly thrilled to see Giordanos opened in front of Bally's since our last trip to Las Vegas. When last visiting Chicago we were introduced to the wonders of deep-dish pizza at Ginos East (also tried Pizzeria Uno, thought Ginos was superior, but both good...never made it to Giordanos or Lou Malnattis).

I did a search here, and didn't see a whole lot of chatter regarding Giordanos. So give me the scoop: What did you like/dislike? Atmosphere/people watching? Are there long lines to get in (I recognize at least a 45 minute wait once the deep dish is ordered) during peak hours? Late night service busy during the weeK? etc. etc.

Any info appreciated. Thanks.

2. dmr

dmr Registered Abuser

Trips to Las Vegas:
    No line at all when we went.

There are two dining areas, one out on the mall and another upstairs.

Same menu as Chicago as far as I can tell. I think the prices are a bit higher.

3. NeonTurtle14

NeonTurtle14 Hot Dogs and Buns

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Out of the 3 big names in Chicago mentioned in the first post, Giordano's is by far my favorite. So excited to hear they opened on the strip. Can't wait to get over there now!

• Like Like x 1
  4. mjames1229

mjames1229 # of visits includes only trips w/ hotel stays

Trips to Las Vegas:
    My favorite is Lou Malnati's, though Pizzaria Uno (or Due) on Ontario are a close second.

I've seen Vital Vegas Scott and Mike from Vegas Bright and their holier-than-Thou thoughts on Chicago deep dish. They can buzz off on this topic. Every form of pizza (there is even a "Milwaukee-style" with a cracker thin crust) tastes great, just in a different format.

Chicago deep dish is my favorite, especially because of the biscuit-like crust.

Super Bowl / Poker Trip Combo Platter
    Bowling the USBC National tournament, I hope.
    • Like Like x 1
  5. tmoney25

tmoney25 High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
  6. Kobra2848

Kobra2848 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    We walked by it a couple of times on our trip in February and the pizza looked delicious. I would like to try it next month since we are staying at Bally's but my wife thinks I have enough meals planned. Do they accept TR credits?

Mark

7. eaglejohn

eaglejohn VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Deep dish pizza is just a casserole LOL

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Funny Funny x 2
  8. IamLindainWI

IamLindainWI Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    You should be forwarded... Giordano's is NOT DEEP DISH! Giordano's is stuffed pizza. It is made by putting a thin dough into a deep dish pan and forming it up the sides. The sauce, cheese and toppings of your choice are then put in. Next, a second thin layer of dough is added over the toppings and the two crusts are sealed together. Finally a little more sauce and some grated cheese and it's baked to perfection. Many people confuse Chicago style deep dish and stuffed pizza. Deep dish has only 1 crust that is deep kinda like foccacia. Gino's East, Uno and Malnati's are all excellent deep dish places. Giordano's is great stuffed. Either way, enjoy! Please note this is nothing like the "stuffed crust" crap you at Domino's and the likes. Oh and in case you are wondering why a girl from WI knows this... I was born and raised in Chicago. :)

• Love Love x 3
    • Like Like x 2
    • Informative Informative x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  9. runningonthehub

runningonthehub High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I have had a Giordano's about four blocks from me for the last 25 years. I think the last time I went there was about 20 years ago. For some reason they could never manage to completely cook the crust. I .never really thought to give them another try. I have too many other options around me. I am sure the Vegas location will be much better

10. billduhcat

billduhcat Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Chicagoland native here, and I much prefer Pizza Rock to Girodanos.

Got a car and feel like a drive? Check out Aurilios in north las vegas. Its my favorite thin crust, anywhere.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Love Love x 1
  11. wanker751

wanker751 Dutch Rudder Enthusiast

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Aurilios is my go to thin crust here in South chicago. I could have swore hunter said this location closed though.

12. wanker751

wanker751 Dutch Rudder Enthusiast

Trips to Las Vegas:

13. Tarstarkas

Tarstarkas High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Aurilios is awesome!

• Agree Agree x 1
  14. Dynasty22

Dynasty22 Blackjack Connoisseur

Trips to Las Vegas:
    We had Giordano's back in March during MM. I mentioned it in a trip report. It was delicious and just like the Chicago location. Atmosphere was good as well as the service. We didn't have a wait but we also didn't get there to eat till 11ish due to a delayed flight. Highly recommend the cheesy bread sticks for an appetizer!

15. IamLindainWI

IamLindainWI Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Grew up on Aurelio's. Friday nights after high school basketball games were spent at the original in Homewood, IL.

• Like Like x 1
  16. dmr

dmr Registered Abuser

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Pizza is sooooooo subjective! One's meat is literally another's poison!

• Agree Agree x 1
  17. TomTWI

TomTWI Custom Title

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I've never heard of it called Milwaukee style but if you like this type and are stranded in Racine try Wells Brothers. It's my favorite pizza anywhere.

TomTWI

18. Blacklegs22

Blacklegs22 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Very True. I personally really love and enjoy pizza in all it's forms, but that may be the result of trying to stay "low carb" diet-wise most of the time. It's become a special treat for us now, so I relish every time I bite into a slice regardless of "style".

As far as the great debate between "Thin/New York" versus "Chicago deep dish/stuffed", as stated, I love 'em both. If forced to single out my favorite, the best pizza I probably ever ate was at Johns' in New York City (so good we ended up visiting twice!), but Ginos Easts is a close second, so how's that for fence straddling?:rolleyes2:

After all the comments here, can't wait to try Giordanos... :feedme:

• Like Like x 1
  19. billduhcat

billduhcat Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I've never been to the location in LV. Still showing as alive on google, but probably want to call before driving up there.

20. mjames1229

mjames1229 # of visits includes only trips w/ hotel stays

Trips to Las Vegas:
    My two super-thin pizzas are Zaffiro's and Ned's. Zaffiro's franchised into many Marcus theaters, and is now available at Miller Park. I had one last week and it was very close to their restaurant, and I would have it at the ballgame again.

Super Bowl / Poker Trip Combo Platter
    Bowling the USBC National tournament, I hope.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.