1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Ghost of Riviera

Discussion in 'Misc. Vegas Chat' started by RealSolGlow, May 1, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RealSolGlow

RealSolGlow MIA

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Took this screen shot from the drone video from VitalVegas of the demo going on there. http://vitalvegas.com/riviera-demolition-update-because-drone/

You can see a mysterious white figure just below the Riviera sign on the left of your screen. It's there in a few other frames and gone in others. Watch the video.

ghostofriviera.jpg

2. breanna61

breanna61 Super Moderator

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I don't see it.

3. Sonya

Sonya Queen of VMB

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I see the white figure on that small top balcony, on the far left. I couldn't say it's a ghost. I'm spoiled by Hollywood. I want it to say "Boo! I'm a ghost!" and proceed to try to steal my soul. ;)

Didn't the Ghost Hunter guys just do another investigation of Riviera after the closure? I don't remember watching it, but I know I saw it come up on the Tivo list.

4. breanna61

breanna61 Super Moderator

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I see the white figure on the balcony now that you've pointed it out and similar on another balcony. Reflection of something in the glass perhaps? I love a good ghost story though.

5. TheMadCows

TheMadCows Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I liked the Riv

6. Big dan

Big dan High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    It's the ghost of my money past

• Funny Funny x 1
  7. carrie_dave_and_cody

carrie_dave_and_cody Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I believe there was a episode of Ghost Adventures filmed there before they closed.

8. Sonya

Sonya Queen of VMB

Trips to Las Vegas:
    That's what I meant when I said Ghost Hunters. I mix up my paranormal investigators all the time. ;)

9. ardee

ardee It's only money.

Trips to Las Vegas:
    The Riviera sign had some of the most beautiful neon-artistry I've ever been graced to view in person. Sad to see it go but glad to have experienced it.
    My kind of heaven would be lined with Vegas neon signs.

10. Electroguy563

Electroguy563 Vegas Joker

Trips to Las Vegas:
    The ghost is neither a man or woman. It is the spirit of Vegas past that is now wandering the lonely halls and rooms of the Riviera, hoping beyond hope to revive this sad, dilapidated, and run-down property doomed for demolition.

It's the ghost's way of reminding us that even though Vegas is always changing, it is telling us to remember, cherish, and build on something that was once grand, elegant, and beautiful.

If you were to somehow look closely, you will see endless stream of tears, each one representing the countless jackpots won, the awesome streaks at the blackjack tables, the craps rolls that seemed to last forever, the hysterical screams of joy as the machines spill out their endless bounty. All you will see is the eyes of sadness filled with tears, the faceless face will be an accumulation of the millions of men and women that made the Riviera their home.

As the explosives are set, and the demolition timer counts down, listen closely. Amid the booms of explosions and dust and debris clattering to the ground, you will hear one last scream from this ghost: "FUCK YOU CORPORATE VEGAS!!! AND WHERE THE HELL WERE YOU, BOYD GAMING???" :poke::beer::p

11. Sonya

Sonya Queen of VMB

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I saw on my Tivo that Travel Channel is re-running the Ghost Adventures Riviera episode on Friday afternoon.

12. rvallez6

rvallez6 MIA

Trips to Las Vegas:
    How many did they do at the Riviera? I thought the last one i saw they mentioned that they were "back" at the Riviera. It was the one with Vince Neil in the Frank Sinatra suite. I wish i could believe the stuff that comes out on that show, i just have a hard time with it, but the thing I really like about it are the settings they go to. Tombstone is probably my favorite, and of course, anything in Vegas is good for me to watch.

13. Sonya

Sonya Queen of VMB

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I think they did two at the Riviera. This one is the 2012 visit. It came up on my "Vegas" wishlist and the description is:
    "The team, assisted by Vince Neil and Jamie Gold, tries to contact Frank Sinatra's spirit at the Riviera Hotel in Las Vegas."
    There was one earlier this year that was "Return to Riviera", after the hotel was closed down.

It's a goofy show. I like it best when they hear a nose and freak out and have a "Dude! Run!" moment. :haha:

I do love old buildings and ghost towns, so I've been to a lot of the western locations they visit.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.