1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Getting to Vegas from Canada

Discussion in 'Getting There & Getting Around' started by JRRestoule, Sep 16, 2020.

1. habs0nut

habs0nut VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I wonder if it’s safe to assume that the kit being offered by Switch is available to anyone even if you’re not flying Air Canada. It seems like all they’ve done is partner with Aeroplan. Paying up front in CAD, results in 45 minutes and all you need is a data connection is really attractive as it gives you flexibility, you can do it in your room.

Returning after 10 years to Run the Strip
  2. breanna61

breanna61 Super Moderator

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Did you have to use your hotel address? When I looked at the site, I couldn’t input a Canadian address.

Christmas at Cosmo
  3. Nevyn

Nevyn VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    yes

Tentative booking CETDorado farewell tour ends?
    • Agree Agree x 1
  4. Patman

Patman VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:

You only need to have an aeroplan account to get the preferred pricing. If you don't have one you can sign up for one and then get it.

Additional data point. I order the 2 pack antigen test yesterday regular shipping (suppose to be 5-7 business days). Got a purolator tracking number shortly after. This morning said it would arrive tomorrow. A few minutes ago, it showed up. So about 25 hours from time of order.

• Like Like x 1
  5. breanna61

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Switch was the test provider when you used to have to test when you arrived back in Canada. It changed August 9th, no longer required. We returned from Vegas August 8, received test to take home at airport, tested online early morning August 9. Purolator picked up test Aug 9 at 10 am (it had to be sent in to lab). We didn’t get our results until August 12th. This is obviously a different type of test that doesn’t require lab involvement. I think I’ll give it a try in January when we test to go to Aruba.

Christmas at Cosmo
  6. gr8whitenorth

gr8whitenorth VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Read a discussion somewhere else about these tests. Lots of information about them. I REALLY want to try them for Mexico next week, but I am going to wait to read a few firsthand accounts of their use first. Either way I personally think this is great news.

Let's do this!
    Let's do this!
    • Like Like x 1
  7. vegasgolfgamble

vegasgolfgamble Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    rapid antigen tests not approved for air travel.. check gov canada site for travel requirements.. be aware they change often..provinces have no say for international travel!!

8. Patman

Patman VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    rapid antigen for travel from Canada to the US. It's not acceptable for the trip back to Canada. No one is saying the provinces have any say. Neither does Canada for international travel. Only the destination country. Canada only has a say for when you are entering Canada.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  9. breanna61

Trips to Las Vegas:
    They are approved for travel to the US but not for return to Canada.

Christmas at Cosmo
  10. GamblingGolfer

GamblingGolfer VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Just ordered the 2 pack of RT-LAMP, needed to return to Canada. We did pay the $15 expedited shipping as we're leaving (Mexico) next Tuesday. $313 CAD all in for 2 tests. Hopefully, will arrive in time .... ;).

GG

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  11. Guy_

Guy_ VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Please let us know your experience when you take the test and if the airline gives you any issues (also include what airline you fly on)
    Appreciate the feedback

• Agree Agree x 1
  12. Gaggles

Gaggles VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Booked test at Orleans for Saturday afternoon. Thanks for the link!

Price on rapid test to fly to US down to $20 at The Medicine Shoppe here in Alberta. That is MUCH cheaper than the $40 that Shoppers is charging. Even Covid testing prices must succumb to the market economy. I feel like I am already up $20 bucks.

One Last Trip for the Year
    • Like Like x 3
  13. breanna61

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Our direct flight Toronto to Vegas in December just got changed to a layover in Calgary. So far the return remains direct.

Christmas at Cosmo
  14. jh46

jh46 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Ya, my direct flights from Saskatoon are now gone and changed to layover in Calgary as well for January. I was hoping Saskatoon would open up to international flights by then but wishful thinking I guess. :cry:

15. YukonSloMo

YukonSloMo High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Appreciate the details...

16. btodd

btodd High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I so so wish more direct flights would open up. A lot of my golf friends headed to Palm Springs, all direct flights booked til Christmas are being switched to Calgary layovers. Boooooooo

17. Guy_

Guy_ VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Interesting.
    I would have thought these type of changes would happen less as the borders are somewhat re-opening.
    I had my august direct from Toronto change to a layover in Calgary and while it added significantly to the travel time it was very easy overall (especially since I had never been to Calgary)

• Like Like x 1
  18. Nevyn

Nevyn VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    One would hope so by the spring. But December would be a pretty dead time for the las vegas routes, and maybe more than usual this year if people don't want to travel right before seeing family for the holidays.

Tentative booking CETDorado farewell tour ends?
  19. GamblingGolfer

GamblingGolfer VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    We're flying WJ, but not for a month. I'll try to remember. I will post if the kits don't show up on time!

GG

20. bobby jones

bobby jones VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Our December flight time has changed twice but, still direct. I did have a change of plane notice however form 737 max to A 321.

Caesars