1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Getting to Vegas from Canada

Discussion in 'Getting There & Getting Around' started by JRRestoule, Sep 16, 2020.

1. Nevyn

Nevyn VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Just saw on RFD today that some walmarts now have 20 dollar rapid antigen testing

Locations listed here:

https://www.walmart.ca/cp/shop/asymptomatic-covid-testing/6000203002155?&cmpid=AF_CA_1536241_1&utm_source=rakuten&utm_medium=affiliate&utm_campaign=always_on&utm_content=10&utm_id=AF_CA_1536241_1&siteID=CAqD7bLWUPI-Xj7fWxDSJPgQWhoU20O3kQ&wmlspartner=CAqD7bLWUPI

No idea if they give the proper documentation for travel. Isn't one near me but could be useful for someone else. And nice to see some price competition.

Tentative booking CETDorado farewell tour ends?
    • Informative Informative x 2
  2. gr8whitenorth

gr8whitenorth VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thanks @Nevyn, there is one right around the corner from our place. Would be interesting to find out if they do indeed include proper travel documentation or not. I do know @breanna61 had some specific information in a post here that mentioned what was required for travel when it comes to rapid testing. Given our AWFUL experience with SDM we would happily try another option and hey you save 40 bucks across 2 tests. More spins on Quick Hit, a win is a win.

3. breanna61

breanna61 Super Moderator

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Requirements that must show on test results from CDC Airline Checklist

CC9E0D20-C3D5-485D-946A-24447CA83549.png

Christmas at Cosmo
    • Like Like x 2
    • Informative Informative x 1
  4. Guy_

Guy_ VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    That participating list is very small.
    Hopefully more jump on board.

5. LVchix

LVchix Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Hopefully Walmart will expand into BC soon.
    On a positive note …. Just went for my rapid antigen test, and I am negative for COVID
    I usually hate negativity but I have never ever been soooo thrilled as I am now for being negative
    Gonna go and finish packing cause Las Vegas … Here we come ✈️

• Love Love x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  6. hammie

hammie VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    US to open borders between Mexico and Canada for non-essential travelers who are vaccinated.

Maybe I can finally visit and get some Alberta Premium Rye at the duty free. Article

• Love Love x 1
  7. breanna61

Trips to Las Vegas:
    There’s a border between Mexico and Canada now?? lol

Canada opened the borders to vaccinated Americans August 9th and the US is opening borders to fully vaccinated Canadians in November. Border between US and Mexico also opening in November to fully vaccinated.

Christmas at Cosmo
    • Funny Funny x 3
  8. JRRestoule

JRRestoule VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I wonder if the US/Can land border opening in November will result in an adjustment to the requirements to travel... vax required but maybe no more testing? I would welcome that :)

Finally back after 22 LOOOONG months!
    • Like Like x 1
    • Love Love x 1
  9. btodd

btodd High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    So happy that the border is going to open to vehicle traffic. I really hope the requirement for covid testing goes away for fully vaccinated folks. Our experience was that the Westjet agents took a VERY quick look at the papers, looked for NEGATIVE and the date of test, barely even looked at the date on the way back as most of us had photos on phone.

10. breanna61

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Details will be coming; I’ll be devastated if the US doesn’t recognize mixed doses as fully vaccinated as our Christmas trip is in jeopardy :(

Christmas at Cosmo
    • Like Like x 2
  11. vegasqc

vegasqc VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Stil pretty confusing if i get this right you wont need a test to enter by car but you will need one if you fly in ?

"No COVID-19 testing will be required to enter the U.S. by land or sea, provided visitors meet vaccination requirements, officials said"

• Agree Agree x 1
  12. Guy_

Guy_ VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    ok...

"Under the new rules, White House officials said non-essential travellers will be asked about their vaccination status at crossings, and only those who are fully vaccinated will be allowed through. Proof of vaccination will be required if selected for random screening.

No COVID-19 testing will be required to enter the U.S. by land or sea, provided visitors meet vaccination requirements, officials said. Proof of a negative COVID-19 test is still required to board a flight to the U.S."

SOOO unless you are randomly selected.. they will just take your word that you are vaccinated.
    and we still need to get tested to board a plane.

If Canada follows the no test rule at the land boarder I could see a BIG spike in people using Buffalo and Detroit airports.

https://globalnews.ca/news/8262888/u-s-canada-border-reopening-reaction/

Last edited: Oct 13, 2021
    • Like Like x 1
  13. Nevyn

Nevyn VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    The irony of this is i am meant to go to a bills game with in November. And if they allow mixed doses i can. But still need a pcr test and arrivecan to drive back 7 hours later?

Tentative booking CETDorado farewell tour ends?
    • Wow! Wow! x 2
  14. bobby jones

bobby jones VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    We normally fly out of Buffalo. I booked December out of Pearson on points which is cancellable. I may look back into Buffalo now if flight times and price work out.

Delano
    Caesars
    • Like Like x 1
  15. JRRestoule

JRRestoule VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Are there any direct flights to Vegas from Buffalo? I had checked in the past and there weren't any. I wouldn't mind the extra drive to Buffalo, but a stopover both ways plus the extra drive would probably not be worth it to me.

Finally back after 22 LOOOONG months!
  16. breanna61

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Southwest has direct flights out of Buffalo.

Christmas at Cosmo
    • Agree Agree x 1
  17. Vegasdriven58

Vegasdriven58 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Quick question- do you need to show your vaccination records (we have a card with both dates of vaccines in BC) at the airport?

18. breanna61

Trips to Las Vegas:
    We’ve been flying Westjet out of Pearson for the past few years but (assuming mixed vaccines are accepted) may start flying Southwest out of Buffalo again. I hate Pearson; Buffalo airport is a far better experience.

Christmas at Cosmo
  19. bobby jones

bobby jones VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Depending on time of year and pre covid, Southwest had one or two flights daily. They also have a couple that pass through Midway in Chicago with minimal change time. Not a bad stop over. Of course there have been times where I passed through Baltimore but......

Its easy for us as we now live in Niagara but, even when I lived in Burlington, I just found it was much less hassle going through Buffalo than going through Toronto. I checked some prices in early December through Buffalo and there are some great deals! I am not sure if Swoop is starting up flights again out of Hamilton and London. Those are also decent options to avoid TO.

Delano
    Caesars
    • Agree Agree x 1
  20. breanna61

Trips to Las Vegas:
    After my horrible experience with Swoop, it was a one and done for me.

Christmas at Cosmo
    • Agree Agree x 1