1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Getting to Vegas from Canada

Discussion in 'Getting There & Getting Around' started by JRRestoule, Sep 16, 2020.

1. pokerbucketlist

pokerbucketlist Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I appreciate all my Canuck friends helping with these questions!!

What are you guys thinking- how worried are you- about getting covid while there and having to stay in a hotel room isolated for 10 or so days??? That’s my main concern.

I plan on renting a car, so no Uber, avoiding crowds other than playing poker. I will wear my n95 often. I plan on more pool time and go to Red Rock canyon. I also know that once I have a couple drinks in me it will be hard to avoid the black jack tables, lol.

I’m just having trouble assessing the actual risk. I’m double vaxxed of course. Not really concerned with getting covid as much as getting stuck in the USA. PCR tests often come back positive for a looong time.

how did you guys rationalize these risks?

thanks!!

Jeremy

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. YukonSloMo

YukonSloMo High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I wonder if they are profiling last names or are they just random selection.

3. bobby jones

bobby jones VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Me too and also still concerned with potentially adding a couple extra weeks to a vacation unplanned....December coming up faster than expected!

4. gr8whitenorth

gr8whitenorth VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    @pokerbucketlist the bottom line line is you have to accept that there will always be some risk of a positive result when traveling. For that matter there is a risk of contracting it going to get groceries. With that we are all gamblers on this website and we all understand the house edge. We do what we can to minimize it and accept the risk that we will lose. I think of it the same way with travel. We are double vaccinated, we have travel insurance, both of our employers know we are out of the country (not that it is required, more that they know there is a chance we might be away for longer), we wear our masks when needed, use hand sanitizer and try and avoid very crowded tight spaces. Adding up all the risk aversion we are doing we are comfortable with traveling.

The other thing we consider is that we both believe if you are waiting for some magical day soon when international travel will be back to the way it was pre-pandemic you will be waiting for an awful long time. For us it is simply time to get back out there and we have. 30 days from today we will be on a beach in Mexico!

All the best no matter what you decide.

Let's do this!
    Let's do this!
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Informative Informative x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  5. Nevyn

Nevyn VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:

I hear you. Just got back from a 12 night trip which i had also planned lots of outdoor time.

Honestly the spot where I felt least comfortable was a crowded indoor restaurant as everyone was unmasked. I avoided full blackjack tables. But even when they started to fill mask adherence was good and it never felt that risky. Being at machines did not feel risky at all.

It is certainly a point of stress wondering about the test but it spends most of your trip in the background. I was most stressed waiting for the result but that was mainly because i happened to get a runny nose that day.

Im not saying it wont be stressful but i am saying you can enjoy yourself anyway.

Tentative booking CETDorado farewell tour ends?
    • Like Like x 1
  6. JRRestoule

JRRestoule VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    This is pretty much exactly what I will be going through (fly out of Pearson, Air Canada, test at Orleans) so thanks for posting this great info!

7. JRRestoule

JRRestoule VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    The thought of getting the virus is obviously on my mind, but I'm honestly not worried too much about it. As mentioned above, we know what we can do to avoid it, so I plan on doing those things quite strictly until I go for my test. Once my test is done I assume I will feel quite free and relaxed and ready to give'r for the last 72 hours of my trip. Maybe even moreso once I receive the results, provided they are negative haha
    I've been putting some thought into what I would do if the test is positive and I have to stay in Vegas for an extra week. It would definitely be a bit of a headache (no pun intended) but I don't think it would be too bad. If you can pre-plan for this scenario a bit I think it would be less of a shock if you do test positive, as you would have at least somewhat of a plan. And it would also take the edge off of worrying about a positive test as you'll be somewhat prepared.
    To be honest, I'm more worried about testing positive on the pre-departure test as that would mean I would have to cancel the whole trip.

• Like Like x 1
  8. breanna61

breanna61 Super Moderator

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I wonder if an Uber would take us to the Drive Through testing at Orleans; we aren’t renting a car.

Christmas at Cosmo
  9. btodd

btodd High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I am thinking the same thing Breanna. We are booked for our test on Friday early morning. I have tried to look it up but can't find any info. I can't imagine that every person taking the test has a car?? I will keep looking for info and maybe someone on here may have the answer..........just got back from our pre trip RAT, both negative..........one step done!

• Like Like x 1
  10. btodd

btodd High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I just saw on the Worksite Labs website that it said drive thru and walk up appointments offered at Orleans site.

• Informative Informative x 1
  11. Nevyn

Nevyn VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Tentative booking CETDorado farewell tour ends?
    • Informative Informative x 5
  12. breanna61

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Christmas at Cosmo
    • Like Like x 1
  13. pleasemum

pleasemum High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I booked the NAAT rapid results test at optimumedicine for $149 - results in 20 min. Their info talks about coming out to vehicle - I emailed them about walk-ups and that is no problem. I figure I would uber there and let the uber leave rather than test from their car. I read that people stay in their ride share and do the test. Not sure how uber drivers feel about that.

@Guy_ Thanks for the flight info - was worried about possible cancelation or changes on my West Jet flight into Vegas on a Friday. Maybe the flight day of the week makes a difference.

• Agree Agree x 1
  14. Vegas24_7

Vegas24_7 Degenerate

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Based on all the positive recent posts for worksitelabs, I have booked mine and paid the $90 USD x 2 ($180 for two people) each upfront for the results in 24 hours at Orleans. I used my hotel address as my home one when this question was asked. The cab ride from Cosmo to Orleans and back to Cosmo will be around $30 I think. When compared to Reviv ($180 each, $360 for two), the savings of $150 is worth the time. Plus I don't usually make the trip to Orleans when I visit Vegas so I'll hang out there a bit to check the place out.

I'll be in Vegas this Friday. I look forward to it.

• Like Like x 1
  15. Slowpoke 2021

Slowpoke 2021 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    If you’re staying at an MLife property, you can get an in-room PCR test from Community Ambulance. The cost is about $230 and you get your results back in about 20 minutes.

A friend had the test yesterday at Aria. The attendant was a medical student who explained the procedure and then let my friend administer the test himself - a nasal swab in each nostril but not too deep.

I took the test two days ago at REVIV in Cosmo. The cost was $149 because I had booked the appointment before they increased the price to $179. The attendant was a nurse. The procedure was a nasal swab in one nostril that was VERY deep. My test was at 2:30 pm. I received the test result (negative) at about 9:00 am the next morning.

Attached Files:

16. breanna61

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I took the test at Reviv and it was NOT that deep!

Christmas at Cosmo
  17. Guy_

Guy_ VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Mine did not seem too deep either.
    I am sure it depends on the person administering the test

18. Guy_

Guy_ VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Just took the Reviv Test again today.
    It was about as uncomfortable as the shoppers drug mart rapid test.

In August they only went in one nostril.
    This time they went in both.

My Test was at 2:30pm today. I will update once my results are posted.

• Like Like x 3
  19. pokerbucketlist

pokerbucketlist Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    For address on the Worksite booking for Orleans, did you guys put the hotel address?

20. breanna61

Trips to Las Vegas:
    That is what @Vegas24_7 did. See his post 6 posts above.

Christmas at Cosmo
    • Like Like x 1