1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Getting to/from downtown

Discussion in 'Getting There & Getting Around' started by RookSpud, May 26, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. eaglejohn

eaglejohn VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:

Bus no. Uber/Lyft yes. And free shuttles we always tip

2. Las Vegan Cajun

Las Vegan Cajun High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    As a consumer, I use both Uber and Lyft, I check both for the best fare. I can tell you as a driver I watch Uber surge way more often than Lyft. It pays to check them both for the best fare. There are plenty of times I watch Uber surge in an area that Lyft isn't, especially at the airport.

When you check Uber's price they give an exact price of the ride you are requesting. When you check Lyft's price they give a range that it could cost you. Lyft's price range will start off as low as Uber's fixed price and go up from there. One may think that Lyft will cost more because of this. But what I have experienced is that Lyft always comes in at the lower end of the quoted fare therefore costing the same as Uber.

There may be other reasons to select one over the other, it really boils down to personal preference. Some people like the option to tip in the app with Lyft and some prefer to tip with cash, which can be done with both Lyft and Uber.

When my wife and I travel for business and her company is picking up the tab we use Lyft exclusively. Reason is that she can charge the Lyft ride to her corporate credit card and tip in the app so the tip is covered by the company too.

3. nfcwestbest

nfcwestbest Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I did the Journey last week Fremont to Sam's town shuttle. stayed at Sam's for a couple of hours had the buffet. Then went Sam's Town to Harrah's all free of charge. Tipped $1 per journey though.
    Its about a twenty minute journey per segment. There was tons of room on the bus, it was only half full on a Wednesday morning.

No resort with LVA coupon
    Everyone's a Winner Contest Freebie
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.