1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Getting sick before trip

Discussion in 'Misc. Vegas Chat' started by Publius, Mar 31, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Publius

Publius Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Why does it seem like I always get some illness before I go on a trip? At least my trip is more than a week away but now I've got a bad cold. Does this happen to anyone else?

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. UKFanatic

UKFanatic The Arbiter of Taste Caviar Kid

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I am on a flight to Vegas right now and started coming down with a cold two nights ago. Usually does not happen to me, but I loaded up on meds the past two days trying to nip it in the bud

3. Onmyown32

Onmyown32 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    2 of the last 4 trips to Vegas I was sooooooo sick. I was miserable

4. Peachiekeehn

Peachiekeehn High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I got diverticulitis about 10 days before we were due to go for NYE. The Dr. wanted to put me on antibiotics that would prevent me from drinking alcohol for up to a week after finishing them, which would encompass our whole trip. I opted for weaker antibiotics that I would finish before we went and they did the trick!

5. lsiunsuex

lsiunsuex Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    This is why I generally don't schedule a vacation / trip between November to March. If I catch a cold / flu, it usually happens once and in that time frame. Anytime past that, its just seasonal sinus crap.

6. Rush

Rush MIA

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I leave in 24hrs. Wife started getting sick ten days ago. I avoided her as best I could, but sure as shit.......i started getting the cough and sore eyes yesterday. I have no doubt I will be sick the whole week there.

7. tmoney25

tmoney25 High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    My wife gets nasty sinus infections. She got one before our trip in 2009. She had a nasty sounding dry cough because of it. It was also the same time as the H1N1 scare (or fear mongering if you will). There were a lot of uneasy people on our flight. I found that amusing. Unfortunately it was cold and windy in Vegas the entire week so she couldn't soak in the warm sun to help her healing.

8. NYNYGirl

NYNYGirl VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I usually get nervous symptoms before any trip. This past one got slight tooth pain...

But now since being back from the Caribbean I have a cold...

9. makikiboy

makikiboy VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I've been lucky, ever since I started taking the flu shots every year I don't come down with bad colds or flu as much. I do catch some but they are basically colds and not the flu so I just take decongestants and antihistamine to get me through the illness.

I used to catch a lot of colds and flu on my trips or before my trips but nowadays if anything I will get hurt at the gym or pull a muscle or something before my trip so I usually have to watch out the week before my trip. Not good to have a physical injury on your trip. Especially a back injury, it will make the 5 hour plane ride unbearable.

10. Candy Apple

Candy Apple VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I'd hate to sit next to someone on the plane with a cold!

11. SaltyNutSnack

SaltyNutSnack LSU 2019 National Champions! Geaux Tigers!

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I have been sick after i got home a few times from killing my body from alcohol and cigarettes. Back in August when we went i got sick 2 days before we left. When we got to Vegas i was even worse, but found some mucinex nasal spray at walgreens that kept me dry and feeling well enough where i still had an awesome time.

12. makikiboy

makikiboy VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    or smelly feet, or someone who smells, or someone with a baby, or.......:poke:

13. Candy Apple

Candy Apple VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Well, they should have shoes on, but I agree about the other things....

14. amk121

amk121 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I tend to also..I leave tomorrow morning for Vegas (!!) And feel fine...but flying can always change things...

15. Geogran

Geogran Whooo. Whooo.

Trips to Las Vegas:
    If you drink the right stuff, you might still BE sick, but you won't remember BEING sick....:drunk: :evillaugh:

16. VPDana

VPDana High-Roller

I live in the Midwest, St. Louis, MO to be exact.
    Trips to Las Vegas:
    In October, when our landing gear touched the ground, my husband started to sneeze...........and sneeze, and sneeze and sneeze. Continuous sneezing while getting out of his seat, out of the plane, down the ramp through the terminal to get to the men's room. Needless to say, he got many "looks". I wanted to tell everyone he wasn't sick.

• Like Like x 1
  17. wormhole

wormhole VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I never got sick before a trip, but started feeling rough on the flight home. Blamed it on lack of sleep because I slept for most of the flight and felt fine on landing.

• Like Like x 1
  18. Richard Alpert

Richard Alpert LOST

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I've been blessed with good health leading up to all of our trips!
    My bride has had a number of various ailments bothering her up to (and during) our trips, though!

For her health and well-being, I'll go on a solo trip next time! :D

RICHARD

19. smerrian

smerrian View from Bally's

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I'm glad to read that I'm not the only one who has gotten sick either before or after flights on vacation.

20. alpine5575

alpine5575 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Last year got sick right before we left home. I got out there and had the worst cold like symptoms. I wasn't sure if it was change in the weather that made it so bad but I would wake up with my eyes glued shut with that yellow nasty shit that I haven't had since I was a toddler. My nose was full of the same crap. I hadn't packed any type of medicine, so had to shell out some cash for the meds they sold in little store at bottom of the Luxor where we were staying. That worked out and later in the week I made a trip down to I think was CVS by the Monte Carlo and bought some good old Kentucky medicine in the form of Jim Beam.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.