1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Getting an uber or taxi at 6am?

Discussion in 'Getting There & Getting Around' started by tycoon, Feb 5, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. tycoon

tycoon Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Hi all. Sorry for the stupid question lol, but I've always rented a car for my trips. I have never done Uber besides one time in my life. And I have never taken a taxi in my life...

However this is a solo trip in a few weeks so I am just going to use Uber or taxis as a last resort.

Anyways, I have an early flight back. Do you guys think getting an Uber or Taxi at 5:45-6am will be an issue? Will be at the Venetian if that matters.

2. nostresshere

nostresshere Mr. Anti Debit Card

Trips to Las Vegas:
    We have done it with no problem.

(but I can not speak to how things are going these days - day of week might matter?)

• Like Like x 1
  3. carolineno

carolineno VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I don't think it will be a problem. I often leave around 4-5 am and it's always been fine.

A low strip trip? Could be….
    Boom! A comp arrives and I can’t say no
    • Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  4. SH0CK

SH0CK Stylin' and Profilin' Quasi Tech Admin

Trips to Las Vegas:
    At a big resort like Venetian, there shouldn't be an issue with getting a cab at that time.

Ride share may be a little more difficult, but I would check their apps before heading down to see what kind of wait times they are showing and go the cab route if the wait is too long.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  5. CheeseHeadsForever

CheeseHeadsForever Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Ride share has never been a problem for us. We usually leave from downtown or South Point at 5 A.M.

• Like Like x 1
  6. JeJas

JeJas VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Never a problem for Strip or Downtown.

• Like Like x 1
  7. tycoon

tycoon Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thanks for the replies everyone! Makes me feel better not getting a rental this time then.

Much appreciated

• Like Like x 1
  8. BlackJackLife

BlackJackLife Already dreaming of the next trip

Trips to Las Vegas:
    The only time I have a had a problem was July 2020...there were still many uber drivers collecting extended Covid unemployment benefits ...but in my October and December trips never had an issue.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  9. mdm4sfest

mdm4sfest VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Good post, I will have the same question in about 2 weeks. Need one around 5am. If desperate though guess I’ll settle for a taxi.

• Like Like x 2
  10. SH0CK

SH0CK Stylin' and Profilin' Quasi Tech Admin

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I haven't tried booking one this way, but I believe there is an option to schedule a pickup via Uber (maybe Lyft too). That may be something to look into.

• Like Like x 1
  11. Turtleman

Turtleman VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Just to confirm what others have said, I've never had a problem summoning Uber or Lyft around 5 am from Orleans, Gold Coast, Palms, or downtown. Probably due to light traffic and demand, I've seldom had to wait more than several minutes.

• Like Like x 1
  12. jobager

jobager Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I once had quite a long wait for a taxi leaving the Venetian for a very early flight because some popular DJ has been at TAO and the event just ended. With luggage in huge groups of drunk clubbers. But this can‘t happen right now...

• Love Love x 1
    • Wow! Wow! x 1
  13. voltin

voltin Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I doubt you'd have a problem getting a ride share that early, but if you want extra peace of mind you can schedule a ride in advance on the Lyft and Uber apps.

Edit: SH0CK beat me to it, shoulda read the whole thread :)

• Like Like x 1
  14. tycoon

tycoon Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thanks for the replies everyone! I did not know about booking in advance. I'll definitely do that. Thanks again!

15. Ty

Ty ?

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I don't think you'll have a problem, especially on the Strip. The driver will be happy you're not drunk (assuming you won't be drunk).

16. Jspigare

Jspigare Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Tip - see the host on duty, if you have enough play they'll pull a car house car up for you.

17. MCann

MCann VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    There will be plenty of each on the roads, but my experience since reopen is that some places have more cabs than they can handle and others have few or none on a regular basis. Caesars Palace has by far the most every single time, but I've seen zero at Aria, Ventian/Palazzo, Wynn, Luxor, and once at Bellagio, and got the only solitary cab at MGM Grand Chriatmas Eve in the middle of checkout time, in my last 3 trips, the latter two of which were just under 2 and 3 months ago respectively.

If it's a big concern, leave earlier or hire a car (like from Bell, Omni, Presiential etc.) The private car option will cost about double a cab fare maybe even a little more but I'd look at it as $30 for peace of mind and not have anxiety my last 24 hours in town about whether or not I'd have a ride to the airport in time. But that said, Uber worked somewhat like pre-covid normal on my last couple trips. Had to wait 10 or 12 minutes leaving Luxor but that was the south end of the strip at 11am aka peak checkout time nearly everywhere on the strip.

It's been too long!
  18. Ty

Ty ?

Trips to Las Vegas:
    How play does that require?

19. lasvegas_limo_driver

lasvegas_limo_driver MIA

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Hertz was doing rentals to lyft and since they are filing bacnkruptcy, they pulled that program. I use lyft a couple of times a week and somedays even from downtown its been a wait. You can schedyle your ride and i would highly recommend that for early morning stuff.Reserving car service is always an option as well

20. vsop

vsop High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    The only thing I would add to the above comments is, you may have a10-15 minute wait time for the rideshare to show up at the hotel...so plan your travel time to the airport accordingly...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.