1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Generally speaking, how strict are hotels on the check out time?

Discussion in 'Misc. Vegas Chat' started by ref59405, Jul 20, 2020.

1. ref59405

ref59405 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I know this is a ymmv question, but I was hoping to just get a general idea on how strict hotels are with check out time?

My wife and I are thinking of coming to Vegas for Labor Day weekend, spending Fri, Sat and Sun at the Bellagio. Our previous flight plans changed and we now would arrive in Las Vegas one day earlier on Thursday. We arrive pretty late in the evening so the hotel that night won't be used for much more than sleeping. I did not want to pay what the Bellagio wanted for the extra day so I booked Bally's for Thursday night.

My wife really likes the Bally's pool, so I was thinking that we could go down to the pool when it opens on Friday morning, maybe still until shortly before 11am, go up to the room, shower, get dressed and then check out. I suppose I could check on the tv before we hit the showers.

If checkout time is 11am, will we run the risk of getting charged another day if we are still in the room at 11:15 or even 11:30?

I will ask for a late check out, but if that is denied, do you think we absolutely need to be out of the room by 11am or is there a little wiggle room?

Thank you, and stay safe.

2. BillDonovan

BillDonovan Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    We usually stay until noon with no troubles. With room demand down, they'll prolly grant your late checkout, but will charge a fee. You'll have to go by the front desk to get new keys as the original ones will stop working at some point.

• Informative Informative x 1
  3. Liquidmist

Liquidmist Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I’ve never stayed at Bally’s. My experience has always been the 11 AM check out time is more of a soft check out. They start knocking on doors and making sure you’re getting ready to check out if you haven’t done so yet. But you could always get them to give you until 12 to actually get out the room. Though as you stated ymmv.

4. vegas superfan

vegas superfan High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    (Things are different because of Coronavirus but...)

If they deny a late check out, it will be because they are expecting a very high volume of check ins for the holiday weekend and need you out of there so they can get the room cleaned.

You can still push it. You can simply leave at 11:15 and not check out at all. Housekeeping will check you out when they enter the room.

I would suggest you make sure you are back in the room by 11 in case your key is cut off at 11.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  5. NewOrleansSlimm

NewOrleansSlimm VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    being diamond, you can get the checkout from 11am to 2pm...at Ballys, we got the 2pm checkout and stayed till 3pm just before we had to go to the airport...

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  6. nostresshere

nostresshere Mr. Anti Debit Card

Trips to Las Vegas:
    HOTELS DO NOT CHARGE AN EXTRA DAY - at least not automatically because you left a bit early.

Keep in mind that most people never actually check out. The only time there is an issue is when housekeeping is ready to do your room and you are still there.

Staying a bit over the time is rarely and issue. They usually have no idea you are still there.

The only thing that does happen quite often is they key gets disabled.

7. ref59405

ref59405 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thank you all for your replies.

8. andyg99

andyg99 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    true - I always click the 'checkout' button on the TV screen, I forgot once - no worries and no surprise charges....

Vegas Trip #43!
  9. JoJoR

JoJoR VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I know Delano's wet bar will automatically lock at 11 am. I always make sure all my stuff is out of it when the time gets close.

10. tringlomane

tringlomane STP Addicted Beer Snob

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Ive never had an issue for within an hour. And when calling down, they've always granted noon for free.

11. VegasBJ

VegasBJ VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    True, I never actually "check out" of my room - I just leave. My host sorts out the bill later.

12. LVRaiders

LVRaiders High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Doubt that the hotels will be anywhere near capacity in September, so you should be fine. But as you mentioned, YMMV.