1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Gaggles Solo and Live. JR Cleaning Up Puerto Rico? Live Nov 28-Dec 1.

Discussion in 'Vegas Trip Reports' started by Gaggles, Nov 25, 2018.

1. Gaggles

Gaggles VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:

My Trip Report

Good day my fellow thrill seeking Vegas amigos. I am starting this a couple days ahead of time because I expect things to be a whirlwind from here on out. I have a Grey Cup party to attend to today with Big Sack. Grey Cup is the Canadian equivalent of the Super Bowl. I've often thought the title alone would make any individual who knew nothing about sports or football think that just by the title alone, the Super Bowl would be the game of choice. I mean imagine you are five. If you asked a five year old, "Timmy, would you like to go to the SUPER BOWL? Or...the Grey Cup.... I mean what would you say???

Anyways, Grey Cups can be pretty fun. In the CFL you can still have 3 possession in the last two minutes of a game due to the three downs and the 20 second clock. A team can be down by 20 with 5 minutes left and still win. I have seen it with my own eyes! So we shall see.

I have two days of work and then I hop on a plane in Calgary Wednesday afternoon. I somehow managed to wrangle a one way on Air Canada for $177 all in. I then managed to get a return flight on Frontier Saturday afternoon for $54 US plus a bag for $35 for a grand total of $89 US or $325 Canadian.....or something like that. Someone can check that @tringlomane is the numbers guy around here.

I have an Executive King room booked at Bally's. Must have been the double royal I hit there in September as I don't usually get that room there. I think they want their money back. Regardless, I am gonna swim laps in that big hot tub in the living room while I send seductive pics to @macker567

No plans yet other than dinner somewhere to use up my $100 Diamond Dinner which I had forgotten about all year. Now how did this trip happen when I was on a Vegas time out until Super Bowl?

A few weeks ago JR floated the idea of going to Puerto Rico to do some humanitarian work and help with some construction and clean up etc. I couldn't go because of work. The deal is that if she gets her flight over there, the relief agency supplies meals and accommodations. She found a flight for under $500 out of Calgary and the rest was history. She has wanted to go back to Puerto Rico for a long time as she was born there and used to live there. I knew she really wanted to go so of course, she had my blessing. While we were discussing that she did mention that if I wanted to go to Vegas she would understand. Or something like that.... That's how I remember it.... I looked around and found flights that were super cheap so I jumped on it. I also have some small Free Play offers ($125) and Resort Credit ($75). So in my mind, this is counter balances the flight price making this trip free. Is my math not 100% accurate?!?! Tring?!?!?! How is my math on this?

I am solo for Wednesday and Thursday and meeting...on of our regulars there on Friday. For now I will call him MK until I figure out his VMB tag. We are currently deciding where to go to burn that Diamond Voucher.

JR has sent a lot of pics of Puerto Rico. She is working a lot harder than expected but loving it. As we speak she is sending me pics of her in the waves on the beach with a fruity drink. She works Monday-Friday bu they get weekends off. They also did an air bnb in the jungle yesterday and today and I will put up a few pics. She is making some friends and having quite an adventure.

I hope you enjoy the ride that is about to commence. I will have to stay off the 5 and 10 play and stretch this bankroll a bit. So the gambling may be slightly lighter but no less fun. We have a big trip in January and Vegas for Superbowl so I have to keep the bankroll to the absolute amount I have set aside. I can already here Macker calling bullshit on this but for reals this time!!! I will not let booze draw me to the bank machine!!! I will play nickels at the El Cortez if I have to!!!!

Okay, time to get ready for Grey Cup. We are making Big Sack's son drive us to the pub so the dad's can enjoy some adult beverages......

In fact, in the category of "This Is A Good Deal In Canada But Not America", buckets of Bud are going for $21. A bucket is 4 beers..... In Canada at a bar....that is an absolute steal.

• Like Like x 9
  2. rooster42000

rooster42000 Patriots #1

Trips to Las Vegas:
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. Onmyown32

Onmyown32 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I love Puerto Rico.... I need to go back and would love to go and help!!!

4. Gaggles

Gaggles VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Just got off Facebook Audio with JR. Not sure how the cost in that works but wish me luck on the bill! I remember calling my mom collect from a pay phone when I lived in Mexico years ago and the bill was about $200!!!

5. Gaggles

Gaggles VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    JR would like you to know that the work has been gruelling...
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 5
    • Love Love x 1
  6. Gaggles

Gaggles VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Her view from their jungle Air BnB
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 2
  7. Gaggles

Gaggles VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Lest anyone think it was all glamorous...they jammed 14-16 into this place. However I’d do that in a heartbeat!
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

8. Gaggles

Gaggles VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    And somehow she made it on the local breakfast menu (surname) leading me to wonder, what the heck is happening on that little island!!!
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 3
  9. Gaggles

Gaggles VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I’ll post some jungle cliff jumping pics later. Off to Grey Cup. Did I mention that sounds drab compared to SUPER BOWL???

10. tringlomane

tringlomane STP Addicted Beer Snob

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I'm watching. Enjoy your baby buckets of 4 beers! Wtf Canada?!?!

• Funny Funny x 1
  11. vegasqc

vegasqc VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Did you catch Platinum Blonde playing the grey cup festivities this afternoon ? Saw them in Montreal last night and they mentioned they were travelling to EDM after the show to play at the grey cup

12. Gaggles

Gaggles VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:

Right?!?!

13. Gaggles

Gaggles VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I might be more than one bucket in...you are LIVE with Big Sack!
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  14. rooster42000

rooster42000 Patriots #1

Trips to Las Vegas:
    @Gaggles ,I see you wearing a Dolphins jersey is that your team???

15. TriggerMN

TriggerMN The Norwegian Hammer

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Bo Levi Gaggles wins the Grey Cup! I challenge you to a Miller Lite drinking contest on Friday night.

16. Gaggles

Gaggles VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    The buckets were small but the spirit was willing. I am home safely and enjoying a bowl of Frosted Mini Wheats as we speak. Even at the Vegas pool a bucket has FIVE beers!!!!

Two days of work....two days of work.....

17. Gaggles

Gaggles VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Good result but not a very exciting game.

18. Gaggles

Gaggles VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    That is my team. It did not go unnoticed that they lost to the frikking Colts today! I was gonna wear a JJ Watt jersey I have because I will be in this jersey again for Superbowl in Vegas but I had to go with my team. You really don't get a lot of days where you can legitimately wear a football jersey so I had to go with it again. As an aside, I am glad the Dolphins got rid of Suh but really, with the team as it is, we almost certainly would have the same record with or without him. A defensive tackle is NOT worth that kind of money!

19. Gaggles

Gaggles VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I didn't notice them without their mullets!

20. Suekel

Suekel VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Have a great trip! Not sure what time you leave Saturday but we arrive around 9:30 and are planning to head straight to the new Lobby bar to watch the Big 12 Championship game. Poverts for everyone! Bonus, I won’t be drunk that early and will be far more coherent than last time we met.

I got the same offer for a comp Executive King, Resort Tower. Got our friends a good Friends and Family rate on a regular room.

Have fun at the Grey Bowl, sad name notwithstanding. I’ll be following along on your Vegas trip.