1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Funny/weird thing happened at McDonald's drive through this morning

Discussion in 'Non-Vegas Chat' started by vwhiten, Jul 20, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Valgal

Valgal VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    My husband called me at work before I left and asked me to pick up breakfast for him and the Grandson at Mickey-D's. It is a double drive through to order and then merges into one lane. No one is stopped at either lane to order. I pull up to the inside lane place the order. A woman in a black Mercedes whips around the outside lane and pulls up to the window before me. I'm sitting in my vehicle thinking WTF?? That witch just cut in front of me - who does she think she is. She whips out her credit card and pulls up to next window to get her order - I pull up to cashier and she tells me the car ahead of me paid my bill. I guess she was in a hurry to get her McCoffee. So we had a free breakfast.

40th Wedding Anniversary if we make it that long
    • Like Like x 6
    • Funny Funny x 1
  2. Ty

Ty ?

Trips to Las Vegas:
    That's cool. I accidentally cut someone off in the parking lot at MD, I did the same and paid their bill. When she got to the window to pay she gave me a wave.

• Like Like x 1
  3. BarelyHangingOn

BarelyHangingOn VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    This thing has been happening at Tim Horton's Coffee Shops in Canada for a couple of years now. Not sure how it got started.

We had ours payed for one time. Same thing, confusion about the double lane thing and we were shaking our head and they bought our coffees.

4. Richard Alpert

Richard Alpert LOST

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Cool story there!

The weirdest thing about our local Ronnie's is the rare occasion that they get everything in the order correct! :D

We always pull over and check to see that we have everything and that it's all correct.
    When we order a plain cheeseburger for Minion #3 half the time it's so plain the cheese isn't even on it. :faint:

RICHARD

The Alperts Take Polo Towers!
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  5. Breeze147

Breeze147 Button Man

Trips to Las Vegas:
    We were just talking about people paying the toll on the Chesapeake Bay Bridge for the car behind them.

6. Electroguy563

Electroguy563 Over-Fried Gambler

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Not sure if she accidently cut you off or she was confused but it seems she did it purposely? I mean that's nice she paid your bill but if she did it purposely it's like she's saying her time is more precious than yours, which of course is not true and shows her arrogance and inconsiderate character.

We all accidently cut people off so your kind gesture will instill in others to do the same. It's nice to experience these things in spite of all the negative things we hear about that seems to dominate the media.

7. Mitkraft

Mitkraft VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I don't leave the pickup window anymore without checking the order. I've gotten home with the wrong order and also had to park and go in too many times. If I wanted to go in I wouldn't go through the drive through. I've found they get it corrected faster when people are waiting behind me also.

• Agree Agree x 2
  8. Joe Strummer

Joe Strummer VIP Whale

I gave the indoor cashier /clerk a tip today.
    He gave an extra effort to find my son the Minnion Toy he wanted
    in the Happy Meal package.
    The kid tried to make my son happy.....cos my son disliked the first packaged toy .
    I thought it was a good effort by a young man !

• Like Like x 4
  9. Jerseyguy

Jerseyguy VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    The Bennys who come to the Jersey Shore just cut you off every summer. Whats a Benny you ask? It stands for Bayonne Elizabeth Newark New York.

10. tringlomane

tringlomane STP Addicted Beer Snob

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Yeah, if you order anything different than the default way, you better check it. McDonald's is pretty terrible for accuracy. I've been burnt way too many times. Also 95% of the time it's due to cashier input error. So if I'm ordering in the restaurant and notice it's input wrong on the receipt, I'll speak up before they make it.

And as far as the double drive thru goes, I've always wondered how many accidents have occurred because of it.

11. Joe

Joe VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I have never seen a double lane drive thru to order.

12. tringlomane

Trips to Las Vegas:
    When was the last time you've been to a McDonald's drive through? Probably been pretty commonplace around here and anywhere in my travels since 2010.

13. Joe

Joe VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I don't go often, but I have been to at least 8 different ones here in SE WI and have never seen one. Mostly just go for morning coffee.

14. tringlomane

Trips to Las Vegas:
  15. Joe

Joe VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
  16. smartone

smartone VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    They actually work quite well. I can't believe there's a posse formed against them too. Same type of people who can't figure out roundabouts I suspect. True first-world problems!

Last edited: Jul 23, 2017
    • Agree Agree x 2
  17. Joe Strummer

Joe Strummer VIP Whale

Roundabouts ?.........ugh.......don't get me started

• Funny Funny x 1
  18. RibbonCat

RibbonCat Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    We've had the double lanes at McDonald's for a few years. One of the biggest problems with them is they require people to take turns and/or to wait their turn. A lot of driver's these days dont have those skills.

Sounds like the driver vwhiten got behind realized her lack of patience and (at least tried to) make up for it by paying.

19. leo21

leo21 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    • Agree Agree x 1
  20. Geogran

Geogran Whooo. Whooo.

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thanks for clarifying that - I thought Bennys were Mercedes Benz's lining the jersey shore. :D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.