1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

frozen drinks

Discussion in 'Downtown Hotels' started by dedhd, Jul 2, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dedhd

dedhd Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    since la bayou closed, i have not found a frozen drink purveyor that even comes close. i used to get their frozen mudslide , everclear, creme d cocoa, others are vodka based taste nothing like. wife did the strawberry daiq and again have found nothing tasting the same. Has anyone who frequented La Bayou been able to find a viable replacement??

2. shermanleroy

shermanleroy Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I agree, LaBayou was the only place that had a great frozen drink downtown. I tried others and ended up throwing them out after a few sips. I plan on trying Mickie Finnz next time I'm in Vegas, they have a good menu of drinks online, nothing like what you mentioned above but they might be able to make you something on request. I don't know why Fat Tuesday's hasn't opened a spot downtown yet, those are great drinks as well.

Finally after 2 Covid Cancelled Trips - VP & Beer & Bands
  3. jimboguy

jimboguy My sloppy joe is all sloppy and no joe.

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I have fond memories of the La Bayou frozen drinks.
    Evening Call is supposed to be coming to the El Portal space on Fremont Street:
    https://vegas.eater.com/2017/6/7/15751140/fremont-food-emporium-replaces-el-portal

I don't know if Evening Call will have a drink like the mudslide you used to get at La Bayou, but there are a couple of Evening Calls on the strip, should you wish to see what's coming downtown.

Hopefully the weather will be nice.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.