1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Frontier scare in the air!

Discussion in 'Getting There & Getting Around' started by dmr, Nov 30, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dmr

dmr Registered Abuser

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Just saw on the nightly news that a Frontier flight from LAS had to make an emergency landing in (somewhere) when passengers alerted the crew that part of the engine cover had fallen off.

Film at 11.

• Wow! Wow! x 2
  2. KimiCoconuts

KimiCoconuts Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Was thinking about everyone and wondering whether anyone on the boards was on this flight!

3. tringlomane

tringlomane STP Addicted Beer Snob

Trips to Las Vegas:
    It returned to LAS.

4. bluesdude

bluesdude VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    That would just scare the shit out of anyone! Glad everyone is safe.

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. Vegasmiragegirl

Vegasmiragegirl Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Glad it turned out ok. We fly frontier to Vegas in 3 weeks.

6. duffer1991

duffer1991 Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I am flying Frontier in 2 weeks... GULP!!

7. bruceb

bruceb Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I am flying frontier in 2 days. For $34, I don't expect much; but I would at least think the plane will stay together.

8. tringlomane

tringlomane STP Addicted Beer Snob

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Yeah, it's unfortunate, but generally, Frontier hasn't been bad for us. I'm still way more willing to fly them over Allegiant. Thankfully the incident didn't cause any injuries.

9. bnlphan

bnlphan Degenerate In Training

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I saw the story earlier. and the picture of the plane they had above the story had duct tape on it lol. Hoping it was a stock photo or something.

Flight was refunded and $500 credit given.

10. deansrobinson

deansrobinson VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Hey man...you gotta pay extra for that. You can get 'cowling free' seating or the upgrade to 'actually bolted down' for $29. S'up to you, amigo! ;)

The flight...destined for TPA.

• Funny Funny x 3
  11. PsyDoc

PsyDoc High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    If the plane crashes, you will get a voucher for a free drink on your next flight.

• Funny Funny x 5
  12. Burnsie

Burnsie High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    "The engines fell off and we glided in from 30,000 feet, but hey, what a deal!"

Harrah's ATLANTIC CITY
    • Funny Funny x 3
  13. YoungGun

YoungGun VIP Whale

Similar thing happened to me on a flight from Orlando to LAX on Frontier. My friend was on the flight with me but she prefers exit row and I like being in front. Being a red eye flight, we decided to just sit apart since we would be sleeping the whole flight. I ended up in row 2. About an hour into the flight, the woman sitting in row 1 is constantly looking out the window and telling her husband that she thinks something is wrong. He’s trying to sleep and not really listening to her. I look out the window and we look a little low to the ground, but I didn’t think anything of it. Most of the flight is asleep. The flight attendants get a call from the captain and I see one of them turn white as she’s on the phone. She calls the other flight attendant up to the galley and they close the curtain. A few minutes later they open the curtain and it looks like they’ve both been crying. One of them actually has their family on the flight and I see her go and pick up her infant and hold them.

Eventually, the Captain comes on the speaker and says there’s a hydrolic issue with the plane and not to worry, but we would have to return to Orlando. We keep flying the same direction for awhile before eventually very slowly turning back. Most of the passengers go back to sleep. One of the flight attendants is on the phone with the cockpit a lot and the other one is with her family. They both look really scared and the few people that are awake pick up on this.

When we get back to Orlando, the Captain comes back on he speaker and says we are overweight and have to fly around and burn fuel for an hour before we can safely land. Probably less than 5 minutes after that announcement the flight attendants get another call and it turns out we can’t wait and will be landing immediately. They get everyone ready. We are told there’s a chance stuff might start flying around the cabin in a rough landing situation. Parents are shown how to hold smaller children. People are praying and telling their kids they love them (this is a flight from Orlando, so lots of kids). After the final safety check I see one flight attendants turn to the other and say “this is it”.

We end up making a hard, but safe landing. People are cheering. We’re immediately surrounded by emergency vehicles in the runway, but make it back to the terminal on our own. After we leave the plane, a Frontier representative comes and tells everyone that there is a replacement plane ready that we will be boarding. Several people are too rattled to fly again that day and leave; including the guy that sat next to me. One of the passengers asks what was wrong with our first plane and the representative said one of our engines failed. In the end we get on the other plane and have a smooth flight to LA. Snacks and drinks were free.

Coincidently, on the flight we originally took to get from LA to Orlando we were also delayed because there was someone sitting in another guy’s seat. Turns out that guy had a ticket from the day before (flight left at 12:15am or something like that) and somehow made it on the plane. There was also a woman that refused to sit in her assigned seat (Frontier being an airline that assigns seats unless you pay to select a seat). Guy that paid for the seat so he could sit next to his daughter ended up sitting in her seat at the back of the plane. Much nicer guy than I would have been.

14. Roccoscollar

Roccoscollar VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I hope you joined their Frequent Survivors Program.

• Funny Funny x 2
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.