1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Frontier- Check them out

Discussion in 'Getting There & Getting Around' started by K-9treatbaker, Jun 17, 2021.

1. K-9treatbaker

K-9treatbaker VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Hello All,

I just checked Frontier airlines out of St. Louis to Vegas and they have a round trip air fare for 76.00!! And if you are a member of their Discount Den, it is $20.00 cheaper. This was for Oct.

So, anyone that lives where Frontier flies out of, maybe check their web site for hopefully a great deal on air fare.

Yes, my sister and I booked it. :)

• Like Like x 2
  2. GabrielBFly

GabrielBFly Vegas Aficionado

Trips to Las Vegas:
    And they land in the fancier, newer terminal in LAS. :goofy:

3. Brandt

Brandt Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Only problem is you can't have a carry on bag and the seats have leg room for a 5' person.

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. GabrielBFly

GabrielBFly Vegas Aficionado

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I agree with the legroom but I always manage fine with just my standard, yet overfilled, backpack :wiggle:

• Like Like x 1
  5. vegasvstr

vegasvstr VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I was tempted, but not sure I can handle the "Comfort" of their seats and late departures that seemed common. :)

• Love Love x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  6. Basil

Basil VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    You're also not on a 6 hour cross country flight, and as such you're probably not going for as many days as someone who is (as well as dealing with the legroom discomfort for significantly less time)

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  7. K-9treatbaker

K-9treatbaker VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I agree, a long flight with Frontier might be a problem, but it is like 3 hours from STL, so I can deal with that. I'm short too. LOL

8. mjames1229

mjames1229 # of visits includes only trips w/ hotel stays

Trips to Las Vegas:
    As little as I like them, I'd consider them more if they didn't continually offer me a flights with a 20 hour layover in Denver.

upload_2021-6-17_23-42-51.png

Poker is BACK!!!
    Super Bowl or bust
    • Agree Agree x 1
  9. steveks225

steveks225 High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Three more things that make flying Frontier disadvantageous-Get off the plane in Terminal 1, then have to go to Terminal 3 to pick up luggage and reverse the process on the return trip. I call that the Frontier two step and want no part of it, Secondly you have to fly Frontier at least every six months to keep your mileage account active. No thanks to that too. Finally just like the rest of their business model brethren, if there's a plane issue, it's unlikely they have a spare plane nearby. There's an opportunity cost for "saving" all that money, and some of those costs are borne by the passenger.

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. addicted

addicted High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Ah the endless budget airline debate.

I'll agree the 20+ hr layover is insanity, I can't understand why that's a booking option.

I've flown with them in the past, including once this year. Had no complaints.

Supposedly they have 3" less leg room (per google flights) at 28" of leg room vs the standard of 31" (average of other airlines?). I'm 6'1" and can't say I noticed a difference.

At $76 round-trip you can pay for a carry on and still pay considerably less than most other airlines.

I would think this board would be littered with complaints of frontier canceling their flight if frontier had plane issues and couldn't get the customer to their destination. - I do see a lot of hypothetical concerns.

11. K-9treatbaker

K-9treatbaker VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Yes, the 76.00 RT is awesome. And our flight is direct, so no crazy layovers. Thank the lord. And we even have a good flight time going to Las Vegas. Coming back to STL, it is a red eye of course. Oh well..... I just paid for the extra night on the room. Cost me a whopping 13.00. LOL Gives me more time to curse at the one arm bandits. LOL

Hopefully all goes well.

12. bubbakitty

bubbakitty Doing retirement again and happily so....

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Put your carryon under your legs against your seat after take off. You can then at least maximize what is left.

I want to make discoveries like Columbia, just not as impactful…
    Tirement party over again…..poor thing.
    • Like Like x 2