1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Frontier Airlines

Discussion in 'Getting There & Getting Around' started by PearlWhiteGT, May 28, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. phade

phade Keeping tabs on LV while not there...

Trips to Las Vegas:
    My wife and I flew to LAS via Frontier out of CLE two years ago. Had a really good experience overall. This year, somehow I got looped into paying for an extended family vacation (sucker) for like 11 people on a cruise. Flights to Orlando were crazy from wNY. Frontier was dirt cheap out of BUF so we're trying them again in August. I looked over a two week period and the loaded Frontier cost is going to be about $115 pp cheaper. That equates to $1K+ in my pocket. SWA was extremely high across two airports. Delta and others were even higher.

The seats are funny though. Til you sit in them. That was not particularly fun. Like a folding lawn chair.

2. The Rumor

The Rumor VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    last time I flew frontier...I paid to get in the comfy seat in the second row with some of my SW savings. It was wasteful, but, eh, I wanted off the plane first.

3. mike honcho

mike honcho Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Frontier on a direct flight is the only way i fly with them. Wife will only sit in the stretch seats. As long as you know going in they will nickel and dime you for everything and are prepared for their rules you should have a great experience.

4. LVRaiders

LVRaiders High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I am flying to Vegas on Frontier for the first time in August, as I scored a great deal nearly 175.00 less than AA is. I have only flown with then one other time so we will see. I am not expecting the level of service I get in business class with American, so the bar is low haha

Summer 2020 Getaway
  5. The Rumor

The Rumor VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    lol not exactly the same level of service, good luck getting warm nuts right after takeoff.

6. AllenAndRossi

AllenAndRossi High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I copied and pasted this from a post I made in a similar thread on Spirit. But it applies to my dad's experience flying Frontier too. Except that he's NEVER been delayed on Frontier.

"My dad has flown Spirit on occasion from/to Chicago to visit us in Phoenix or meet us in Vegas.

He doesn't care where he sits and takes his seat assignment at the gate. He always manages to get aisle seat. Last time, he got an exit row seat. $0

He has a bunch of clothes/shoes here. If he meets us in Vegas, we pack a bag for him since we drive to Vegas. He easily gets away with the backpack/personal item. $0

One time, they changed the departure time to 2 hours later. But they let us know in an email 2 days ahead of time. Other than that, no delays.

His cheapest flight was $33 one way. He's gotten $78 rt. The most "expensive" ticket was $55 one-way. Every time it was over $100 cheaper than the next cheapest fare.

He's 87 years old. He still works and drives too.

If he can deal with Spirit, so can you.

My personal two cents: Unless you're flying First Class, all air travel and airports are clusterfucks with pitiful service."

My dad is flying Frontier again from ORD to LAS in June. $100.30 one-way, which was almost $150 less than the next cheapest fare.

EDITED ABOVE: He's NEVER been delayed on Frontier.

Last edited: May 31, 2019
  7. Dodgeus

Dodgeus Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I am currently based out of St Louis so limited to SW and Frontier. Flew Frontier last week. Paid $155 round trip including bags. This is the most I have ever paid with Frontier. Never got anything that cheap with SW. Flight was delayed over 4 hours but that was a 1st for me with them. Was notified before I left the house so waited it out at home. Agree it is not a comfortable flight just make sure you go in with low or no expectations

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.