1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Fried Chicken

Discussion in 'Restaurants & Buffets' started by K-9treatbaker, Aug 8, 2021.

1. K-9treatbaker

K-9treatbaker VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Hello All,
    I just noticed on the Village Pub menu at Ellis Island, they no longer had their wonderful 4 pc friend chicken dinner listed. Darn!!! :grrr:

So, what places can you all recommend for fried chicken?:feedme: Not wanting spicy either. LOL

Thanks again.

2. azlefty

azlefty VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Right around the corner: Marilyn's at Tuscany suites has great fried chicken. Or it did the last time I was there, which was a few years ago.

Also, I recently tried Korean fried chicken for the first time and it was deliiiiiiiiiicious. That wasn't in Vegas but there are many places in Vegas where. it's available, for example OK chicken on spring mountain which I plan to try soon.
    Ok Chicken
    https://yelp.to/jwSedsWwyib

Last edited: Aug 8, 2021
  3. smerrian

smerrian View from Bally's

Trips to Las Vegas:
    LVA did a review on Biwon Korean BBQ (Next to Palace Stn) that their fried chicken was the best they've ever had. It's on my list for next trip. I figure I'll try the Tiki Bar at Charleston and Rt 15 and then drive down the street to Sahara and Rt 15 and then have dinner at Biwon. In 50+ trips I've never hit that damn tiki bar.

How could I say no?
    • Like Like x 1
  4. ReTriggerMe

ReTriggerMe VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    ask if at Ellis... many places remove items from menus, but they remain available upon request. OP doesn't note how they know chicken is off menu, but if it's based on online menu, be aware that many VMBers have identified that online menus are often incomplete or just plain wrong.

I like the fried chicken at Bavette's. Tried based upon VMB recommendations. It wasn't on the menu, but I asked, and got it- no hassle.

Heard good things about fried chicken at Blue Ribbon and Yardbird

May give moving between properties a try
    My Original Favorite
    • Agree Agree x 2
  5. Jer

Jer I kinda did a thing...

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Agree with @ReTriggerMe. Calling might be an option as well, because online menus are hit or miss these days. I’ve heard the fried chicken there is pretty damn good so it would suck if the took it off.

I’ll be there sooner than later so I’ll ask and report back also. :thumbsup:

6. 44inarow

44inarow VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I'll second this on both counts. Even the printed menus are sometimes off. I always get the duck panang curry at Lemongrass, for example, and while they apparently took it off the menu, they don't even blink. The server said to me, and I quote, "What the hell? They took it off the menu? Of course we still make that." And for what it's worth, I do see the fried chicken on the Bavette's online menu. The fried chicken with spicy spinach at Jean-Georges at Aria is great as well, though mashed potatoes are a side dish.

I just wish Jose Andres would add a fried chicken dish to Bazaar. I'm sure he has it in his arsenal, and fried chicken with those buttered mashed potatoes would be amazing.

7. midliferetired

midliferetired High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    What do you think of Crack Shack? I had a bucket of chicken for about $30. It was good but expensive. Fancy Jidori chicken.

8. roycpa

roycpa High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Regarding the side dishes, there are good things to say about many places. Regarding the chicken itself, I'm probably going to get lots of disagreement, but you can't beat Popeye's spicy chicken, no matter how much you want to pay. KFC is ok, (Crispy for dark meat, and Original for white). I've paid $40 for fried chicken that wouldn't match the fast food variety. There are lots of things to do with chicken, but frying is frying - and the chains do it as well as anyone.

• Agree Agree x 6
    • Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  9. carolineno

carolineno VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    If you want to go a little fancy, Blue Ribbon in Cosmopolitan has a huge plate of fried chicken and sides. Costs a bit more but it’s excellent and just the thing if you want to sit in a dark restaurant and recharge. Plate is covered in food!

A low strip trip? Could be….
    • Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 3
  10. K-9treatbaker

K-9treatbaker VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Oh, I had totally forgotten about Marilynn's at the Tuscany. Thanks for mentioning it. :)

• Like Like x 1
  11. K-9treatbaker

K-9treatbaker VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I didn't realize online menu's may not have all items listed. That is good to know. When I looked at their online menu, the fried Chicken was not listed, just the chicken fried chicken, which is a chicken breast. Although, that does sound good as well.

• Agree Agree x 1
  12. K-9treatbaker

K-9treatbaker VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thank you. Enjoy your meal, whenever you get there. LOL

• Like Like x 1
  13. FolsomMike

FolsomMike Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Yardbird is amazing. Only joint I know outside of the Deep South where you can get fried chicken cooked in lard. :)

• Like Like x 7
  14. RPMCanes

RPMCanes VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    The fried chicken at Joe's Seafood, Prime Steak & Stone Crab is pretty spectacular.

Last edited: Aug 14, 2021
  15. rdwoodpecker

rdwoodpecker High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Southern fried chicken cooked in a cast iron skillet in lard is the best! Not sure if many of these restaurants offer this or not! And country chicken gravy on mashed potatoes! Ummm

16. Jsmile898

Jsmile898 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I'm Canadian so I didn't realize that southern fried chicken is cooked in lard :eek:

Anyone know where to find the best Korean fried chicken?

17. dmr

dmr Registered Abuser

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Uh ... ... ???? :)

• Funny Funny x 3
  18. 93 Octane

93 Octane Chief bottle washer

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Lard is great if eaten in moderation, the flavor is second to none.

19. luckylinda

luckylinda High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I saw a sign at entrance to village pub on July 29 that fried chicken was a special. Well that night anyway
    I ate at metro pizza counter for first time pizza was good. Slices large and 2 for 1 on Thursdays

20. Jimgotkp

Jimgotkp Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Bonchon is a popular chain but I would pass on them. Q Bistro and BBQ Chicken are known for having great KFC (Korean Fried Chicken), I can confirm that the Golden Original at BBQ Chicken is top-notch. If you want something saucy, maybe ask if you can do a "half-half" order so that you have a mix of Golden Original and something else. There are a few dessert shops next to BBQ Chicken as well that are worth a visit when you're there, Sul & Beans (my preferred place) and SomiSomi.

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1