1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Fridge @ Ceasars for prescription?

Discussion in 'LV Strip Hotels' started by Mom2JoMoLa, Sep 28, 2021.

1. Mom2JoMoLa

Mom2JoMoLa Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I have been trying to get a hold of Caesars, phones were down for several days. I just had to go on meds that I will need to get in the fridge for our upcoming trip and want to make sure that I can get a fridge. I finally reached them today, and I may not have understood completely, she was nice but had a strong accent, but I believe that the response was they can not guarantee a fridge would be available and only the front desk could tell me the cost? Does that sound right? Ugh…and I didn’t dare ask for an early check in, but we arrive at 8 am

2. S'AllGoodMan

S'AllGoodMan High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I’ve read that they now have mini fridges for meds and no longer use the larger dorm size fridge. I haven’t been since 2019 but never had a problem getting one. It should be free for meds.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Chuck2009x

Chuck2009x VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    It's been a couple of years since I stayed there, but I think you will be able to get one. I always used to get one when I stayed there. From the hotel's standpoint, they pay for themselves in about 4 days.

The person you spoke to probably didn't work physically at CP and didn't know what their policy is.

I would always tell the front desk it was for personal use, not medical; sometimes they would charge me and sometimes they wouldn't.

When they did charge me, it was $25/night. Sometimes it was a cube type and sometimes it was the slightly larger type.

Conventional wisdom is that they're required to give it to you for free if you need it for meds. I don't know if that's true or not.

A maintenance guy will have to deliver it. I don't remember it ever taking longer than an hour, but it might be a little different now.

Last edited: Sep 29, 2021
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  4. Laura77

Laura77 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    You can buy a small one online and pack it in your suitcase. It is cheaper than paying them 35$/night. You are also guaranteed to have a fridge, as they may say none are available.

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  5. luck.ofthe.draw

luck.ofthe.draw VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Good idea, but seems like a waste of space depending on where these people are travelling from, and a waste of a fridge afterwards.

Most hotels will provide fridges if you ask, most of them. Pretty sure Caesar's is one of them (unless you mean another hotel in the Caesar's family).

Another Timer, for Another Time
    • Like Like x 1
  6. MCann

MCann VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Historically, their public rate is $25 per night for personal use mini fridge, but has always been free for medical purposes. I havent heard many reports since the re-opening and Eldorado merger, but I know there have been some reports if giving them free to diamond players for non medical purposes, so I doubt the policy has changed. They cant guarantee ahead of time because they have 4,000+ rooms and a limited supply if refrigerators to deliver. It shouldnt be a problem, but if it is, all of their strip properties except Cromwell and Caesars Palace have personal use refrigerators in basic rooms, so you might consider a move to another place across the street. Or you could always ask for the fridge at Caesars Palace, and if they're unable to provide, ask them to move you to Paris or something.

• Like Like x 2
  7. Jsmile898

Jsmile898 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Two weeks ago, I was given a medical fridge for personal use. I hope they put aside medical fridges for actual medial use.

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  8. Mom2JoMoLa

Mom2JoMoLa Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Good idea, or I was thinking of making a stop at CVS or Walgreens in hopes of finding a styrofoam cooler…or maybe packing a collapsable cooler. Honestly, maybe it’s just me but I would rather pay more and just have them have mini fridges in every room for everyone’s personal &/or medical use.

• Like Like x 1
  9. NCAAHoops

NCAAHoops VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    You should be able to get one and in the past there was no charge. However, be sure to check the temps at first or put the meds on the door as sometimes they were extremely cold almost freezer temps. The door seemed to be the best option. Do not want to see you freezing meds that should not be frozen.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  10. Attaboy

Attaboy Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Just came back today. If you’re staying NOBU, they have them. My room had a fully stocked mini fridge and an empty mini fridge.

11. jgates8

jgates8 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    @NCAAHoops has it spot on. I have had my insulin freeze before in a mini fridge. Luckily I still had one in my purse also which was enough to get me through my trip. (That was Michigan - not Vegas). In Vegas however my juice froze solid the 1st night in one fridge - needless to say nothing else went into that one.

They don’t need to provide one free for medical but most places do. I was refused a free one 2x in Vegas - once because they were out & second time they’d bring one for $25 per day bur not free ‘because everyone says that they need them for meds’.

• Like Like x 1
  12. LadyVPLove

LadyVPLove Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    We have been at Caesar’s Palace twice since Memorial Day. They will send up a small 6 can mini refrigerator to your room for medical use… free of charge. We were told they no longer send up the larger mini fridges due to Covid.

• Informative Informative x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  13. macdweller

macdweller Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I always request a fridge and this is what they give you now-

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  14. LadyVPLove

LadyVPLove Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    That is exactly what we have now. I did see one of the larger ones being rolled out from one of the rooms just yesterday, though. The young lady seemed to imply that for a fee you could get the larger one. We asked for one….it was never delivered. o_O