1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Free Shuttle Cal/Fremont, Sams Town, Harrahs

Discussion in 'Getting There & Getting Around' started by Homeschool, Jan 3, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Homeschool

Homeschool Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Have never been to Sams Town and was thinking of taking the Free Shuttle to check it out and also possibly to catch a ride to the strip from DT if the schedule works out. I recall seeing some reports of them asking you for room keys to board in the past. Does anyone have any experience with this recently?

Thanks,

Homeschool

2. gambler

gambler VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    In the past few months, I've had at least 6 trips on the shuttle between downtown and Sam's Town and have never been asked to show a key. One of those times, on the return trip to downtown, we even mentioned to the driver we were staying at the El Cortez but just visiting Sam's for a couple hours.

It's not a problem at all.

I've never done the downtown to strip route with the shuttles but it's always been a back up plan if we were getting crushed at Sam's but didn't want to go back downtown. It seems like a great way of doing it and the shuttles are relaxing after gambling. The 15-20 minutes it takes just feels like a coffee break and it's great to hear the stories from the others on the bus.

3. bubbakitty

bubbakitty Doing retirement again and happily so....

Trips to Las Vegas:
    It is a regular 40? seat bus so the chances of it being full and THEN asking for a room key are low. A $ tip usually does the trick and makes everyone happy. Good luck!!

4. Joe

Joe VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    No room key needed. Also be aware there is a free Sam's shuttle to Harrah's, if you do get crushed.

The first one departs Sam's at noon and then about every 1:20 after. Last one to Harrah's is at 6:40 PM.

The first shuttle leaves Cal at 8:30 AM and then every 1:15 after that. They also leave from Fremont. Just subtract 15 mins from the Cal times.

That info based on a two year old schedule I pulled out.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.