1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Free Diamond Show List Reviews

Discussion in 'Shows & Entertainment' started by acreinha, Jan 4, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Cardeater

Cardeater Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Can anyone who's in Vegas now part the January 2018 list? I usually go to the Mark Vegas page but the sure hadn't been updated yet for January: I just checked a few mins ago.

2. KKB

KKB VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    DM & I LOVED Jersey boys...and while Bronx Wanderers was entertaining, DM was surprised how many songs she didn't know. She did say she wasn't into Dion...

3. KKB

KKB VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    LOL, I put my ratings next to yours--goes to prove we all have different tastes (which is good!) Guessing perhaps you are a bit older than I?

• Informative Informative x 1
  4. KKB

KKB VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I wouldn't expect many changes; the list has some old die hards & a number of new ones, so should be similar

5. bignig135

bignig135 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Tenors of Rock and Bronx Wanderers are definitely worthwhile, BW is in a tiny venue but still a good atmosphere, a bit more for the older crowd, although they did a good version of Bohemian Rhapsody. Tenors are generally excellent rock singers, only slight criticism is that, as they all admit, they have all appeared on the London stage in various productions and they re- arrange the songs to showcase their voices and don't play the entire songs, just snatches. Crowd really responded well and they all came into the audience during the show for some interaction.

6. bignig135

bignig135 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    PS We enjoyed Penn and Teller, but Penn rabbits on so much, you definitely get tired of him talking after a while! The illusions are impressive. Frank Marino's show is entertaining, loved it first time round but not impressed on a second visit. Seemed to be going through the motions.

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. jh46

jh46 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I'm bumping this question up because I'd like to know too. That webpage still isn't updated. I read somewhere (I can't remember where now) that there are no free shows until after Jan 31/18 but I am hoping that isn't true!

8. KKB

KKB VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I am confident there are free shows in January as any other month.
    I will be there tomorrow thru Monday, will let you know.

9. Cardeater

Cardeater Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    123_1.jpeg My friend sent me the list. New show on the list at Caesars and Paris:

• Informative Informative x 2
  10. jh46

jh46 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thanks Cardeater!

11. nostresshere

nostresshere Mr. Anti Debit Card

Trips to Las Vegas:
    We saw it last week with the new leads. They did a great job on their first night. Fun show. Not raunchy or way off color at all.

12. KnowItAll

KnowItAll VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Are there free shows in Feb?

13. Flowers

Flowers VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thanks for posting the list. I'm thinking about Solid Gold Soul or the Cabaret Show at Caesars.

14. hotreds

hotreds Illegitimi non carborundum!

Trips to Las Vegas:
    FWIW, Murray is a guy Pawn Stars used; that may be why he is able to keep his show going. I was not impressed with Tenors, I did not like some of their arrangements of classic rock songs. Penn and Teller are great, altho the free tickets put us waaaaay back and the show is much better closer. Bronx Wanderers was excellent, as was Mac King, a good ole boy from the Bluegrass State. Wife saw Menopause and found it funny.

15. Flowers

Flowers VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Just went ahead and paid for five tickets to Solid Gold Soul. Total PITA dealing with CET. (I initially wanted to do a room charge given that I will have a $500 resort credit but they will not give me the specific seat assignments, even with a room charge, until I get to Vegas and I don't want to risk that. Will use my 2 Diamond Show tickets for another show.)

My frustration aside, the reviews of Solid Gold Soul have been great and I'm looking forward to it.

16. Cardeater

Cardeater Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I looked over the Feb list on the mark Vegas page. I was wondering if anyone has see rhe new "Inferno" show that was added? I plan on seeing that when I visit next week.

Any comments on the shows I haven't seen on the list: Wayne Newton, Jeff Civilico, Murray, Miss Behave, or any other the Brooklyn Bowl venue shows?

Thanks.

17. hotreds

hotreds Illegitimi non carborundum!

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Enjoyed Civilico. Not especially a fan of Newton, but figured he was worth seeing as a Vegas legend, so we're going to see him in a few!

18. KKB

KKB VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    FINALLY there are more shows I have NOT seen than I have!
    During March Madness I may just do 2 shows myself--DH isn't much interested at that time!
    Tenors of Rock still the best show, imo. Penn & Teller probably #2 but nearly impossible to get tickets.
    XRocks is pretty good, XCountry is very short.
    Menopause was quite entertaining, but doubt DH would care for it much.
    Mac King is a solid show but never use diamond for it--use the "free ticket with drink" voucher--and never get their premixed slushie drinks. yuk
    Legends in Concert was OK; I wouldn't pay $ for it.

19. Cardeater

Cardeater Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    They added more shows since the Feb list that was posted on the Mark site. When I went to try to redeem, the box office guy said Masters of illusion and Penn and Teller were all that were left. I assume Body World's too even though he didn't mention it.

I ended up seeing Penn and Teller and they do tell the truth in that they change up their show. I like what I saw this time better than the shoe I saw two years ago. I only remember 2-3 segments repeated from my previous show.

I'll be here on the first so I'm hoping to see Inferno then.

IMG_20180227_234912.jpg

20. Cardeater

Cardeater Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    They added "Tom Green" and "Renegades" (which looks like it starts in mid March" IMG_20180301_113006.jpg

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.