1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Frankie's vs Golden Tiki

Discussion in 'Vegas Nightlife' started by harley777, Sep 24, 2017.

1. harley777

harley777 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Every trip I go to Frankie's and have several Lapu Lapu's. Next trip in November. Wanted to get people's perspective on the similarities and differences between the two before I decide which to attend?

It's been to long...
  2. BlacklabberMike

BlacklabberMike VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    why not do both? e z p z japan e z

3. spicole

spicole Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    The menu is too big at Frankie's to order the same drink twice on the same trip. (I do like the Lapu Lapu drinks, though...)

Frankies: a couple bucks cheaper, more of a dive, dark dark dark, great juke box. I really like it.

Golden Tiki: feels a bit more "corporate", slightly pricier than Frankie's. Live music on weekends(?). It feels busier and harder to get drinks. Closer to the strip, and close to cheap places to eat in Chinatown.

I personally prefer Frankie's but I think it is a matter of taste. I agree with BlacklabberMike... do both!

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  4. jimboguy

jimboguy My sloppy joe is all sloppy and no joe.

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thanksgiving Weekend
    I like fall
    • Informative Informative x 1
  5. carolineno

carolineno VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I've had to wait 30 minutes for a drink at the Golden Tiki. Totally killed it for me. Nice concept but they have/had a staffing issue that needs to be resolved. Drinks are artfully made but the wait was due to a lack of wait staff, and the bar REFUSED to take a walk up order. Beyond comprehension. My tiki time budget is now 85% Frankies, with a 15% chance I might go to Golden Tiki if they are having an event I am interested in. Frankies has a dreamlike, timelessness that speaks to their motto "Smoke. Drink. Escape." LOL. Both are unique experiences. Enjoy, whatever you choose!

Doing the REAL Vegas - first time at Harrahs!
    • Like Like x 1
  6. schaffermj

schaffermj Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Frankie's hands down....

• Like Like x 1
  7. Pea

Pea Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I waited a long time to even get acknowledged at Frank's, this was middle of afternoon, so finally left. Golden Tiki rocked!

for OP, if you've been to Frank's before and don't want to go to both, give Golden a try, at least just see it - it's larger with interesting siderooms, it's an experience.

Time flies when you're having rum - Oct. 26-29
    • Like Like x 1
  8. Tumpster

Tumpster Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Frankie's without question, we go there at least twice every visit. Doesn't matter if we're there for two nights or a week. Minimum twice, Fink Bombs all around! With that, Golden Tiki is a fine spot but we've had mixed service. Their happy hour Mai Tais @ $5 a piece are boozy bit delicious. I would agree it's tough to get a drink when busy but that can be said for anyplace.

But as it's been said before, try them both, they both represent Tiki culture well. But I think Frankie's gets the nod.

9. FullPay

FullPay This one time, in Vegas, when I was drinking...

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Based on personal experience the picture of Frankie’s was after hours with all of the lights on. It is very small and I needed about two minutes to adjust to the light before I could safely walk to the bar. Drink service was mediocre in the afternoon, maybe ten minutes between order and delivery. I don’t pay for many drinks in Vegas but booze to dollar ratio was pretty high.

• Agree Agree x 1