$20 Four Seasons

Discussion in '$20 Trick Section' started by schmalen1, May 28, 2013.

1. schmalen1

schmalen1 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Has anyone ever tried the 20/50/100$ trick at the Four Seasons?
    Heading to Vegas in 2 days :woohoo: and will start my trip with a comped 7 nights stay at FS.
    On my last trip to FS i didn't dare to try it, 'cause there were 3 clerks and just me at CI... :rolleyes2:
    Can't find anything here or even on google.
    Thx!

2. xmarksx

xmarksx VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    schmalen1 we are traveling in August and staying at Four Seasons, if you tried it please post. Or, for that matter, if anyone else has.

3. schmalen1

schmalen1 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I tried my best... but they didn't even recognize my 100$ bill...
    But I must admit, that they were packed due to a huge jewelry convention at MB/FS. (At the first morning I thought it was a Taxi-convention... :wiggle: )

Nevertheless, i'm sure you will enjoy your stay in each of theire renovated rooms and the outstanding service. The pool staff... omg... if you're new to the FS, i won't tell you too much, just... GO THERE!!! :thumbsup:

4. xmarksx

xmarksx VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    The countdown begins. I will give the upgrade trick a try when we stay and report back. They should not be quite as crowded but I assume a place like FS might not cater to that type of thing.

5. xmarksx

xmarksx VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Just returned from our Four Seasons stay. I tried, without success, doing the $20 trick and she politely explained they would not have free upgrade availability until the next night.

6. schmalen1

schmalen1 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Sorry to hear that, but I'm sure you did enjoy your stay like I did! :)

7. xmarksx

xmarksx VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Really enjoyed our stay. However, I think we may try Mandarin next trip.

8. random512

random512 Low-Roller

Looking to get some more feedback on a $50 trick at 4 Seasons. There only seems to be a sample size of 2 or 3 people/attempts in this thread. I will try it regardless but am curious to get a few more data points.

9. earth-3

earth-3 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    If you do the $100 trick, which is paying the cost of the upgrade, they may have something for one night for you. :>)

10. random512

random512 Low-Roller

lmao. sounds like the $50 trick no worky at 4S.

11. schmalen1

schmalen1 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Tried the 50/100$ trick there once. The clerk gave it back to me politely. :)
    Think, there is no chance.

Got an upgrade once for the first two nights of a 7 nights stay. Booked a One Bedroom Suite through my host, got it confirmed by the 4S' room manager... and was sent to a regular room. No suite available instead of the presidential suite... just for 3k$/night... which I took. That was impressive. The guy from housekeeping and I didn't realize each other being in for about 10 minutes. :confused2:
    Don't know who paid for the upgrade, but it wasn't me! :Þ

12. disappearingdusk

disappearingdusk Tourist

IMO, the Four Seasons is extremely stingy with upgrades. I'm a regular guest and often book through AMEX FHR, so I'm "supposed" to receive an upgrade. Most of the time, I have to politely remind them of the room for which I paid when they try to place me in a lower quality room. The front desk staff is too young and too inexperienced to be working at a luxury hotel. I've had much better customer service at most of the other strip hotels including low rent places like Bally's.

Tags: