$20 Four Queens

Discussion in '$20 Trick Section' started by Sonya, Apr 28, 2015.

1. mikel123

mikel123 High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    AFAIK Four Queens doesn't have an early check-in fee so they'll either have a room available when you arrive or they'll make you wait until it's ready - the $20 trick would have no bearing on that.

2. mileham

mileham Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    We had a Pemium King booked in the south tower for four days. Again this year my $20.00 got me upgraded to a Regal Suite with no problem at all.
    This year we went from November 4th to 8th.

• Like Like x 1
    • Wow! Wow! x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  3. 3OfDiamonds

3OfDiamonds Waiting For “Very Good” Video Poker @ Rio…

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Anybody have luck recently at 4Q? Staying there Oct 13-18 (Sun-Thurs nights) and booked at a regular King room; even moving to a Premium room would be decent return for $20, but it seems like people have had good luck getting suites in the past... any recent insights would be greatly appreciated - thanks upfront :)

• Like Like x 1
  4. 3OfDiamonds

3OfDiamonds Waiting For “Very Good” Video Poker @ Rio…

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Well to see how well trying the $20 trick worked at 4Q, see my “3OD Does Downtown... and More!” report in the Trip Reports section... the TL;DR on it is that it was an utter fiasco, and that it may just be better to pay upfront and talk with a host to see if anything can be back-ended if one’s situation makes that possible, but otherwise... :blink::rolleyes2::thumbsdown::bang: OTOH, the host I spoke with (who was very pleasant to deal with and apologetic about what happened) said they are dealing with a lot of new employees, so maybe the problem is only temporary? I may be staying at 4Q again before the year is out so stay tuned :poker::hmmm:

5. bull1029

bull1029 Mr. Vegas

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Surprising. I've upgraded there many times with $20.

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. RedChip

RedChip VIP Guppy

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I checked in on Friday night and tried the $20 trick for a premium room upgrade but the hotel was full. He said he could leave a note and maybe I can move tomorrow, but I didn't want to do that. The employee at check-in was super nice and he said he always grants upgrades when there is something available.

7. drfishalot

drfishalot Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I don't think I've ever had any luck at the for queens with the $20 trick. I think the last time I specifically asked for a suite for 4 nights And I used either 50 or a $100 and that worked. Going to be there in about 5 days and have a premium double Queen Room booked. Going to use 50 and ask for the suite for 4 nights

8. Vegas141

Vegas141 Newbie

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Has anyone had success recently at Four Queens with the $20 upgrade?

9. dung bug

dung bug Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Will try next week.

10. vegaskid74

vegaskid74 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    For years I got free upgrades to suites (M-Th) pretty much without fail using the $20 trick at Four Queens. During Covid it stopped working. I'm not sure if that's because they had large blocks of rooms out of service or if management simply cracked down on free upgrades. I'll be interested to hear how it goes for @dung bug .

Last edited: Jun 28, 2022
  11. JoeLansing

JoeLansing Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I'm going to try it next month. Probably a $30 sandwich, just to get an early check in. I tend to fly in way before check-in time., and the wait with bags till check in kills me. I don't need a better room, I just need a room!. This trip will be with my 15 & 16 year old's, and I don't want all of us dragging bags around for hours with no room. I'll report back on how it goes.

12. vegasdev

vegasdev VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I understand wanting early check in, but you can leave your bags at the bell stand if you can't get it.
    I've had luck there getting in early even without the $20 trick.

13. RedChip

RedChip VIP Guppy

Trips to Las Vegas:
    How did your respective $20 tricks pan out?

14. vegasdev

vegasdev VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I pay attention to who is working.
    There is one young lady that seems like she hates to be there so I try to avoid her.
    Another lady, I believe she is front desk supervisor/manager.
    She is great and she seems like she is happy to check you in and get it done no matter if it is early or not

• Like Like x 2