$20 Four Queens

Discussion in '$20 Trick Section' started by Sonya, Apr 28, 2015.

1. Sonya

Sonya Queen of VMB

Trips to Las Vegas:
    This thread is to discuss the $20 Trick at Four Queens.

2. Rick6825

Rick6825 Newbie

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I will be checking in Thursday morning (4-30) at 1am and will see if works........flying in from Hawaii and staying until Monday. Best weekend to be in Vegas Baby.

3. Rick6825

Rick6825 Newbie

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Worked well. got a room on 8th floor, next to friends room and very close to ice machine and elevator.

4. slatts

slatts Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    $20 to front desk agent on a Saturday night; originally booked through FQ's website directly -- got upgraded to a suite on the 19th floor in the South Tower. It definitely wasn't their nicest room (looked more like a standard one) but the view was great, it was quiet, and non-smoky. Perfect for what we needed.

5. Verboten72

Verboten72 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I'm hoping to have some luck with the $20 trick in Nov. I've never tried it before, but maybe the fact that wifey and I will be celebrating our 1st anniversary at 4Q will improve our chances of getting an upgrade. Currently have a standard king room booked...so any available upgrade would be welcome I'll post back with the results.

-V72

6. PrincessaMyron

PrincessaMyron Low-Roller

Well? Did it work?

7. Kevzilla

Kevzilla Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    In September 2014, the $20 trick got me a Jacuzzi Suite in the North Tower. The extra room and the mini-fridge were the best parts about it, likely because I was unable to find anyone to share the Jacuzzi with. :cry:

8. hawki39

hawki39 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    we just got back on the 18th. I did the $20 trick upon arrival. I got the same sized room as the one I originally booked...2 queens, smoking. I got a 'remodeled' room on the 19th floor with a beautiful view. The remodel was a new bathroom shower with a rain head and side showers...in a glass door enclosure, no tub...and a modern, fake slate, topped sink. Was it worth the $20??/ Meh.

9. Verboten72

Verboten72 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Wifey and I stayed at 4Q Apr 30 - May 4, originally booked a standard king @ $39/night. $20 trick at check-in got us upgraded to a Jacuzzi suite on the 10th floor...score!

• Like Like x 1
  10. mileham

mileham Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Checked in yesterday(10/22/2017) around 5:00. We had a Pemium King booked in the south tower for four days. My $20.00 got me upgraded to a Regal Suite with no problem at all. First win of the trip.

• Like Like x 3
  11. shanecrow99

shanecrow99 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Checked in on 11/19 and had booked a North tower Standard King room (basically the cheapest room they had available). I knew they would have a ton of rooms available due to no conventions in town and it was a Sunday. Slipped the front desk clerk the $20 and asked if they had any complimentary room upgrades. He smiled and said "let me see what I can do for you!" while sliding the $20 into his vest pocket. He hooked me up with a Premium Royal Suite along with a $15 food credit. Can't beat that!

• Like Like x 7
    • Wow! Wow! x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  12. xothan

xothan Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Just wondering if these upgrades are for one-night bookings?

What are my chances of getting a nice upgrade with the $20 trick, if I'm booked for 3 nights -- Sunday, Monday, Tuesday nights?

EDIT: Just saw mileham got a 4-night upgrade. :) I guess I'll try the trick!

13. xothan

xothan Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Just want to update with another success story. Slipped a $20 and upgraded to a Royal Suite. :) Not a Jacuzzi or Regal suite, but I'll take it! Originally booked whatever cheapest room was there directly on the 4Q website.

• Like Like x 2
  14. drfishalot

drfishalot Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Tried on the 11th to get a suite for 3 nts , used 50$, no luck. Got upgraded to the more expensive tower and gave a 20.

• Wow! Wow! x 1
  15. xothan

xothan Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    11th was a Thursday so you'd be doing Thursday, Friday, Saturday for 3 nights. I wonder if it is harder to get an upgrade over the weekend.

What do you mean "used 50$, no luck", and then "gave a 20"?

16. Batesy2000

Batesy2000 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Do you think an upgrade is more likely if you've booked via their website as opposed to a third party like Expedia?

17. taaff

taaff Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Yes, I think it is.I would always book direct, rather than third-party. Back-end comps are at least one reason, and likelihood of upgrades are another.

I have booked direct for decades, and would not now ever use a third-party booking. If there are problems with a booking, you have to deal with the third-party entity, because that is where your money went, Booking direct, the hotel already has your money and can exercise a lot more options to keep you content and happy.

There is an hysterical blog, called something like "Vegas Front Desk Confidential" which is not only extremely funny, but will give you insight into the workings of a Vegas hotel system.Unfortunately, he just posted recently about some serious health problem, but peruse his old blogs, I think you will enjoy them and learn quite a bit at the same time.

• Like Like x 1
  18. xothan

xothan Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Yep, definitely book direct if you want to try the $20 trick.

• Like Like x 1
  19. drfishalot

drfishalot Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I booked through their website.
    I had a 50 in plain view that she knew would be hers. When I didn't get upgraded, I pocketed that and gave a twenty.
    I have wondered about the sandwich, but have decided that with all the cameras there is probably no "secret" in the sandwich

20. Daniel En Test

Daniel En Test Newbie

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Hello everyone! I'll be arriving with my dad at 6am in the last week of october - my second time in Las Vegas and the first time for my dad.

I booked through a third-party website in January - a local one -, just because it was cheaper (talking about money conversion).

I'll be in 4 Queens for the first time... 6 nights. Do you think this trick would work for, at least, an early check in?

Thank you!