1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Four Queens rooms and marijuana smell?

Discussion in 'Downtown Hotels' started by JFK2LAS, Jan 4, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JFK2LAS

JFK2LAS Newbie

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I've made reservation for the South Tower Premium room for two days pre-Halloween for Thurs/ Friday nights. This is my first time staying downtown and I'd like to know if there are issue with weed smells in the rooms? I know that it is illegal to smoke pot in hotels rooms in Vegas but this doesn't mean that people won't try to get away with it. For the rest of my visit, Sat - Monday/Tues I'll be at my regular hotels on the strip. I really enjoy the atmosphere of downtown but never stayed there and Halloween seems the perfect time to experience it fully by staying there. I'm asthmatic and also have strong negative reaction to the smell of pot. I will accept that I'll be smelling it on the street but would not want to smell it in my non-smoking room. Thanks

• Like Like x 1
  2. alexlifeson

alexlifeson High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I seriously doubt that you would have an issue in a non-smoking room since any smoking would be a major charge to their room. I'm hoping that a person who would try it, unless they are a complete idiot, would try it only in a smoking room.

3. Kevzilla

Kevzilla Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Pretty sure people smoke pot in Strip hotels, too.

• Agree Agree x 5
    • Funny Funny x 1
  4. rallen

rallen Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I haven't noticed any smoke smells in the South Tower rooms that I've stayed in. The air conditioning in the Premium rooms puts out quite a high volume of air when set to Hi. I've always found it OK to have the air conditioning in those rooms set to Lo and running continuously.
    The reports I've seen of weed smoking at the Four Queens is in the North Tower, which has the cheaper Standard rooms.

5. gutshotSF

gutshotSF Royal chaser and real-life long-distance runner

Trips to Las Vegas:
    There is a strong weed smell in the south tower smoking floors, or at least there was when I was staying there last June. My most recent trip, just a few weeks ago, was a non-smoking floor and there was no weed smell on the floor itself.

6. smerrian

smerrian View from Bally's

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I'd love to hear how it went.

7. nostresshere

nostresshere Mr. Anti Debit Card

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Odds of being a "weed" floor or rooms seem to be about the same no matter where you go. It just has become more common. Have witnessed obvious smell at both D and Mirage on recent visits - on non smoking floors.

• Agree Agree x 4
  8. Vegas Todd

Vegas Todd MIA

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I have seen notices in several properties that anyone smoking marijuana in non-smoking rooms will be charged $250 for the fumigation. I suppose that if your room reeks, you should tell them and request a different room.

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. vpmikey

vpmikey Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    obviously if you asked for a non smoking room, and they gave you one that had been smoked in (pot or cigarettes) I’m sure they would replace it immediately. If you asked for a smoking room, you should be able to tell them that it smelled like pot and you would like to change. As a former smoker, I have developed a distain for the oder. I’ve been going to Vegas for eons and never been given a ‘pot smell’ room. Been staying at the 4Q for the last few years and haven’t run into that problem yet.

10. zlanga

zlanga High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Last time I was at the 4Q, riding up the south tower elevator, we stopped on what I can only assume was a smoking floor (I think 10 or 12 but not sure). The smell of weed and cigarettes flooded into the elevator as soon as the doors opened... My non-smoking floor didn't have any issues thought. YMMV.

USBC Nationals
  11. whitneyyylee

whitneyyylee Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Stayed at 4Q this past August. We stayed on a non smoking floor in the South Tower. No smell at all in the room. Occasional faint odor of weed in the hallway. To be honest, the place I noticed that odor the most was in the elevator...

You’ll smell it more often just walking around Fremont than you will in your hotel.

• Agree Agree x 1
  12. 3OfDiamonds

3OfDiamonds Waiting For “Very Good” Video Poker @ Rio…

Trips to Las Vegas:
    The non-smoking premium room I’ve stayed in (the same one both trips, interestingly) had no issues with smoke smell at all... I don’t think there should be a problem :)

13. gyosh1

gyosh1 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Stayed in South Tower 12th floor, non-smoking room between Christmas and New Years. Pot smell was very noticeable in the hallway, but not in the room. Don't know where it was coming from.

14. Vegas Todd

Vegas Todd MIA

Trips to Las Vegas:
    It was coming from the FSE.:whistle:

15. booker

booker VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I don't like cigarette smoke, and I especially don't like the smell of weed, but if you're in Vegas nowadays, you're going to smell marijuana.

That said, I stayed at the Four Queens last Halloween and didn't notice any marijuana smell in my room. I was actually impressed with how clean the room was.

• Like Like x 1
  16. bull1029

bull1029 Mr. Vegas

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Like someone else said, the old weedro smell is Vegas wide at this point. I say embrace it.

• Like Like x 1
  17. Audible Nectar

Audible Nectar High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    If the original poster plans to be in Vegas the two days prior to Halloween, that also coincides with what figures to be the every-two-year Phish run at the MGM Grand (Oct 26- 31), which is about as close to a cannabis convention as can be had without officially having one :)

But all that said, a non-smoking room usually stays that way, and it's reasonable to complain if you don't get one that smells non-smoking. Doubt you will have an issue.

18. vegasdev

vegasdev VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I have stayed in every hotel downtown and most all of them have skunk smells even on non smoking floors.
    I hate it, I do not care if people want to use drugs but I cannot stand the smell.

• Agree Agree x 2
  19. Viva Las Vegas

Viva Las Vegas Elvis has left the building

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I stayed five nights at the Westgate on "The Trooper" $49.99 all in rate (room + tax $10 plus $39.99 resort fee) and had to transfer due to disgusting weed aroma seeping through the connecting doors. Had one night resort fee waived, would rather have been able to stay and not have the hassle. This was on a non-smoking floor.

Weed is everywhere in Vegas, people are idiots and will smoke it everywhere.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.