1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Four Queens & Binions Summer Promos

Discussion in 'Comps' started by Don the Dentist, Apr 22, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. vpmikey

vpmikey Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Return on good video poker knowing decent strategy, will return more than on any slot (IN THE LONG RUN).

• Agree Agree x 2
  2. FABismonte

FABismonte Tell my wife I am "about even."

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I second that and would venture that slots usually have at least five times the house edge compared to video poker.

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. alexlifeson

alexlifeson High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    That's fine if you don't like the "of course" wording. Would you like me to write you a formal apology if you were offended? Yes, the FP was the same with the $100 bonus. You do realize that this is a $400 potential bonus, don't you? It makes complete sense that they wouldn't leave it the same since that's a potential of $1000 in FP each month. You must not realize that the FP that was given last summer was only awarded ONCE for the entire summer so even a reduced FP per month is already superior to that. I'm no longer reading replies to this thread. It appears that I hurt some feelings with my choice of "of course" and now people are mocking me so I'm out of this one.

4. SoCalMon

SoCalMon VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Which video poker should I play? I can careless about most of the slots at 4 queens except the wonder 4 which is a hit or miss. I am thinking the 100 play jacks or better at 5 dollars a shot max bet? For may I have 300 free play. June I have only 30 due to not really playing my last visit. And am I allowed to still participate in the promotion for the points for free play if I decide to play my money at binions instead in june? After my free play is done at 4 queens.

5. Don the Dentist

Don the Dentist LV resident

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Hey Alex,
    your comments and insights are appreciated. Don't let one ________ (fill in the blank with the word or words of your choice) get to you.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  6. maxev

maxev High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Haven't officially received my offer yet, but thanks to the USPS Informed Delivery, I see it arriving soon:
    upload_2021-4-30_9-18-30.png

I did the 4000/$400 offer last year but spread out over the course of a few days, which hurt me when I received my first offer of 3 nights, $80 freeplay, $50 food.

Then I took them up on the offer once with low play, once with regular play, once with low play. And then in March, I played without staying.

So kind of all over the map. But glad it didn't seem to have a negative effect on my offer, and I plan to do the 4000/$400 each month at Binion's (will try to do it just in one day) as well as Four Queens (where I haven't officially played but often use food comps for Magnolia's).

--max

• Informative Informative x 1
  7. mwig

mwig VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    You choice of games is your choice alone. I never play slots anywhere so my choice of games makes sense for me. It's free money regardless although some people will say optimal play on free play is to swing for the fences. I prefer to view it as part of my trip bankroll.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  8. FABismonte

FABismonte Tell my wife I am "about even."

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I won't tell you what video poker YOU should play, but I play the 9/6 jacks machines at Four Queens (aka 6/9 machines on the promotional sign). The only 9/6 JOB I see at Four queens are single lines near the cashier. I don't do the multiplay since the payout is not full pay. But any video poker machine is better in my view than slots for money returns. At four queens it takes generally $5 in slots to get one point and generally $8 in video poker to get one point. I recall it is $20 a point at the excellent pay bartops there.

If you put in enough daily points, you can get some decent marketing offers at Four Queens.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  9. CheeseHeadsForever

CheeseHeadsForever Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Alexlifeson has shared a lot of information about downtown in general, and Four Queens and Binions in this case. THANK YOU, ALEX!!! Please keep sharing.

• Like Like x 1
  10. LOCALGAMBLER77

LOCALGAMBLER77 Local Las Vegan

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I was in pure shock when I got this offer. I have played at Binions downtown for 20 years and I only ever once got something (it was about 10 years ago and I got a free dinner at Hugos Cellar at the 4 Queens). So, I am loving this. I consider Binions loose, so I always play something there.

11. Not at the table Carlos

Not at the table Carlos Cheapskate

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Can anybody please confirm/deny that this applies to everybody or strictly those that are mailed an offer? Last summer it was for all club members right?

12. JulianC

JulianC Amateur

Trips to Las Vegas:
    It is for everyone.

• Like Like x 2
    • Informative Informative x 1
  13. SoCalMon

SoCalMon VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    so that means even if I get the 4 queens mailer, I can play the promotion at binions and get the points/free play. I think that is exactly what I am going to do because 4 queens i have trouble finding games to play that will pay because they do not have konami games there and I am familiar with how konami games pay more than any other company. I have trouble winning on other machines more consistently. My next trip is may 30th to june 2nd. June 1st is when I am planning to get some play in at binions so I can start getting offers there. 4 queens free play I am leaning more towards using it on video poker so I can hopefully win more.

14. doug2288

doug2288 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    If this promotions is for everyone, why they don't post it in their websites?

15. JulianC

JulianC Amateur

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Because it's still early.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  16. Aphbig1371

Aphbig1371 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    If I put in required play to max out the offer over 3 days; could I get the room comped without spending from my comp balance? Any advantage or disadvantage to wife and I playing on one card? Is the freeplay made available immediately?

17. Don the Dentist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    1. In order to max out the offer, you need to earn 1,000 points. Playing most video poker that is $8,000 coin-in. Spread over three days, I doubt they would comp the room.
    2. Playing on one card will allow you to earn the points faster and possibly improve your mailer for future offers.
    3. Once you earn the 1,000 points, go to the club and the free play is loaded onto your card and is immediately available.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  18. Philonous815

Philonous815 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    It's 4,000 points to max out the offer. I never asked for a back end comp, so others can comment on whether that's enough for a room comp.

• Like Like x 1
  19. JulianC

JulianC Amateur

Trips to Las Vegas:
    It's enough.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  20. Don the Dentist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    For April and May it is/was 1,000 points to max out the offer.
    For June, July and August its 4,000 points to max out the offer.
    The original poster did not specify a particular month. Sorry for any confusion.

• Like Like x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.