1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Founders Card=CET diamond status

Discussion in 'Las Vegas for the Frugal (not Cheap)' started by KKB, Apr 16, 2015.

1. UTHguy

UTHguy Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    From a Travel Hacking point of view, points do correlate to hotel cost. Most miles and points are worth between .005 and .025 cents each, depending on the program. If the points required for a stay exceed the cost of paying for the room, you short changed yourself on the value received. It's true that the points "don't care", but the owner of the points might.

2. Busyman

Busyman VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    No

Points relate to category. A hotel room costing $200 for the night vs $700 for another night will have the same point redemption.

To a related extent, that's why Marriott Rewards Visa, IHG MasterCard, Hyatt Visa, and even Club Carlson Visa are worth their annual fee since you get free rooms just for having the card. If the annual fee is $85, use that free night on a room that runs $400 on NYE and not a Marriott Courtyard on "some Monday".

3. Busyman

Busyman VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    They changed it then if you now have to pay resort fees. I stayed 8 nights (2 Diamond members) so that would be a $420 swing ($220 if factoring in the free play).

No fuss tho'. The benefit is still a plus.

4. Harry Lyme

Harry Lyme High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Aspiration Level 2 gets the option of comped resort fees. But yes, it still is a awesome benefit.

5. Busyman

Busyman VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Just booked for August.....I plan to gamble a lot more.

I think my first time, I wanted to get a lay of the land a bit. Now, I see how to split my time up.

I see now Founderscard has basically what amounts to a Marriott Gold Challenge.

Once you register, you are Marriott Gold for 3 months. In that time, make 6 stays and you stay Gold till Feb 2019.

That's awesome. The most notable benefits about being Gold are the guaranteed late checkout (I've already got 4pm a few times), room upgrade (have got Executive and Parlor suites already), breakfast and lounge access, and upgraded higher speed internet.

Cosmo is part of the Marriott Autograph Collection so if you pay through Marriott and are Gold, you should get those benefits. Funny enough, Atlantis is as well.

• Like Like x 2
  6. UTHguy

UTHguy Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    If you travel even a little bit, you can call Marriott and get their Platinum challenge. It's 9 stays in 90 days and it's also good through February 2019. Your Marriott status also maps over to SPG too.

Platinum Benefits

Ultimate Reservation Guarantee
    If we're unable to honour your reservation, we'll pay for you to stay nearby and compensate you for the inconvenience. Learn more about compensation rates.

Guaranteed Late Checkout
    Make advance requests on our mobile app for guaranteed checkout as late as 4pm.

This benefit is guaranteed at all hotels, except at resort and convention hotels, where it is based upon availability. Marriott Vacation Club is excluded from this benefit.

Guaranteed Room Type
    Just let us know what type of room you prefer when you reserve. At locations in the U.S. and Canada, we'll always honour your bed type request, too. Please see details about room/bed preferences outside the U.S. and Canada.

(EDITION® locations are excluded)

Platinum Exclusive Elite Offers
    Exclusive savings and offers are available to you throughout the year.

48-Hour Guaranteed Availability
    We guarantee you'll always have a room for any paid stay. Just make a reservation at least 48 hours before arrival at any of our 4,000+ participating hotels (Excluding Marriott Vacation Club. At Residence Inn and TownePlace Suites, applies to Studios only.)

This offer may not be available during certain limited dates or special events.

RewardsPlus: MileagePlus® Premier Status
    Fly United Airlines® with complimentary Premier®Silver status including complimentary upgrades and access to Economy Plus seating (when available), 1 complimentary checked bag, Premier bonus miles and more.

Guaranteed Platinum Arrival Gift
    Receive a special gift at all participating hotels, offering you a choice of an amenity gift or bonus points. (Amenity gift not available at The Ritz-Carlton, EDITION and Marriott Vacation Club locations.)

50% Bonus on Marriott Rewards Points
    Platinum Elite members are credited with a 50% bonus on base points earned during stays.

Marriott Gift Shop Discount
    Get a 10% discount with your Elite membership card at participating Marriott-operated and managed gift shops.

At participating EDITION® hotels and The Ritz-Carlton, discount applies to logo-merchandise only.

Weekend Discount
    Enjoy a 10% discount on regular rates for Friday and Saturday night stays at participating Courtyard® and SpringHill Suites® locations.

Complimentary Enhanced Internet Access
    Stream faster with enhanced Internet access where available. Participating brands: The Ritz-Carlton®, JW Marriott®, Autograph Collection® Hotels, Renaissance® Hotels, Marriott Hotels®, Delta Hotels®, Gaylord Hotels®, AC Hotels by Marriott®, Courtyard®, Residence Inn®, SpringHill Suites®, Fairfield Inn & Suites® and TownePlace Suites®. Not applicable in meeting rooms.

Room Upgrade
    Based on room availability at check-in, we'll do our best to upgrade your room. Upgrades are subject to availability identified by each hotel and limited to your personal guestroom. See terms and conditions for details.

Lounge Access/Free Breakfast
    Daily continental breakfast, light snacks and beverages for members and one guest in the Executive Lounge at JW Marriott®, Autograph Collection®, Renaissance® and Marriott Hotels®, Delta Hotels®, (resorts excluded).

In the U.S. and Canada, select hotels will provide 750 or 1,000 points in lieu of breakfast in the event the lounge is closed.

• Like Like x 1
  7. Busyman

Busyman VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I don't find Platinum to be worth it since the benefits overlap much of Gold (notably the ones I bolded). However, 3 MORE stays wouldn't be too hard.

I actually got screwed and discovered the benefit till after I came back from Atlantis. I did a stay and fly package at BWI Courtyard, came back from Atlantis, then stayed at Courtyard again, thennnn found out and registered so I lost 2 stays.

Fyi, for everyone: a stay is a separate booking.

If you book a Courtyard for 2 consecutive nights, that's 1 stay.
    If you book a Courtyard then the next night a Delta hotel, that's 2 stays.
    If you book a Courtyard then a day in-between nowhere then back to the same Courtyard, that's 2 stays.

8. hotreds

hotreds VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    FC Diamond status remains the same. So, no changes. All the dire warnings and " I know a guy" hogwash proves to be just that!

Had to go again this year!
    • Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 2
  9. Harry Lyme

Harry Lyme High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Haha, yeah how 'bout that?! Sounded more like a ploy to throw off the numbers and/or to promote anti-Founderscard sentiment. Almost like the guy who wanted to bomb Targets so he could buy stock cheap, lol.

10. UTHguy

UTHguy Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Captain Obvious here: If you are staying 2 nights in the same city and you stay at 1 Courtyard the first night and a different one the very next night (or a different Marriott property) that's 2 stays. I did this with some $50/night Marriott properties during the Platinum challenge.

11. xjjx

xjjx Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Cosmo doesn't have a parlor suite. Are you referring to the reception suite?

12. Busyman

Busyman VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Upgraded at Marriott hotels proper, not Cosmo.

I've had Executive, Parlor, and Presidential Suites (DC area).

13. Busyman

Busyman VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I did a Courtyard and then a Marriott proper the very next night. 2 stays.

Some folks confuse stays and nights.

I may do a Platinum Challenge in 2019. For instance, Courtyards don't offer free breakfast but the one near BWI said they do for Platinums. They said it was THEIR hotel policy.