1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Found money when preparing to travel

Discussion in 'Las Vegas for the Frugal (not Cheap)' started by duffer1991, Feb 5, 2020.

1. Laugh

Laugh High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Anytime I do my laundry some denomination of money will be nice and clean coming outta the dryer.

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  2. 3544quebec

3544quebec High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    You have to have something to tip the St Bernard if there is an avalanche

• Funny Funny x 3
  3. cjcjcj

cjcjcj High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    lets turn that 1500 into 15,000 friday!!!!

Wynn invited me BACK!!
  4. duffer1991

duffer1991 Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I am going to have to up my play for that to happen!!

Besides, the $1500 was years ago before I went on another tour of Asia with my ex. But let's take a shot at the big money. No more Fremont or Cal with double odds. Maybe I will up my bets to 3x odds, alert the press lol.

• Like Like x 1
  5. EastCoastVegasFan!

EastCoastVegasFan! VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Not found money, but I accidentally took a $100 Venetian chip home. Was just another reason to go back.

May 27th - May 31st
    July 25th - July 30th
    • Like Like x 2
  6. duffer1991

duffer1991 Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    • Funny Funny x 1
  7. vegas superfan

vegas superfan Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I traveled through Tibet and I knew that there would not be ATMs readily available so I took out a bunch of cash and kept the bulk of it in a wad in a change purse, keeping a normal amount in my actual wallet and replenishing it when necessary.

Got home and when I unpacked a month or two later, I realized / remembered I had the wad of cash broken up between TWO change purses. I had about $300 USD worth of Chinese Yuan.

(Yes, it took me that long to unpack. My suitcase from my December trip to Vegas is still waiting to be unpacked)

• Like Like x 2
  8. jgates8

jgates8 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    For Vegas the closest would be last April. I thought I had taken out one more marker at Paris & I just really cranked back the last night because I didn't want to lose any more. I have a low line - $2000. I thought I had drawn $1500 already and I was not going to max it out and end up feeling down about doing that later. When the drafts finally came through a month later there were only 2 of them for a total of $1000. So basically I ended up 'not down' by $500.

The other day I had what appeared to be a piece of junk mail. Opened it to see a civil suit settlement notice. You know the kind - you submit your info and you get $1.49 settlement or a year of credit monitoring etc. However this one was for $242.46. ACK!!!! It was the suit against American Eagle for unsolicited text messages from a few years back. I was floored. Put that on my car vs. Vegas fund - car balance now $375. Yeah!!! Will be paid off in 4 weeks.

Hoping the Easter Bunny delivers Jackpots!
    • Like Like x 4
  9. duffer1991

duffer1991 Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    @jgates8 I also get those Notices of Settlement from time to time. As an attorney, I read them and usually submit a claim if appropriate. The payments are usually a few bucks, but once I got back $900. That was a very good day.

• Like Like x 3
    • Wow! Wow! x 1
  10. Gino

Gino "The King of Inappropriate."

Trips to Las Vegas:
    My grandmother passed away Dec. 13th, 2014 - (12-13-14 ironically numbers she always played in the illegal lottery/Bolita we had here in the 1950's )

My father and I, as well as my uncle, were tasked with cleaning out her condo in South Tampa.

She was an avid reader, and had a massive book collection that I was tasked with cataloging and selling, donating etc.

By the end of the collection I had found in 100s, 50s, 20s, - some dating back to 1979 - $78,000.

My dad and uncle decided to split it between the grandkids 8 total.We each got close to 10k.

It was a horrible Christmas that year, but it was also pretty amazing.

Blew a nice chunk of it in Biloxi...playing 12-13-14 on roulette.

Reno to Las Vegas...and other places in between..
    • Love Love x 3
    • Wow! Wow! x 2
  11. Grant1982

Grant1982 High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    My wife found an expired TITO while packing for $150, the slot manager let me cash it a year after it had printed. She said it's not a problem if the machine is still on the floor, turns out I was playing the exact same machine when she told me that lol.

• Like Like x 2
    • Wow! Wow! x 2
  12. mikeinctown

mikeinctown Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Best I ever did was get a bonus from work while I was there. They come same time every quarter if we actually ever get one. A lot of years the check would be for like $58. It was an insult to be honest. Before the $58 checks though we would get the email just before I left (once while I was there) and I'd open the email and find that I got an extra $500 or $600. It was awesome knowing I had backup cash in case I spent everything way too fast. Leaving on the 23rd and the announcement comes on the 13th this month.

• Like Like x 1
  13. GeorgeJ.

GeorgeJ. High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I found last week that I had forgotten to cash in about $46 in chips the last time I was in Vegas. I throw my change from Vegas into a pocket of my computer bag and apparently I had put the chips in there after I had neglected to cash them in before leaving town. Not a big score but better than nothing..

• Like Like x 1
  14. Sonya

Sonya Queen of VMB

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I found a water-logged dollar on the way to the ferry the other night. That's probably not enough for a Vegas trip, huh? :haha:

• Funny Funny x 2
  15. Marky147

Marky147 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I can only ever remember finding ATM receipts :D

Back to Nomad for a longer stay
    Week in Paris
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  16. Wendy1292

Wendy1292 Newbie

Trips to Las Vegas:
    In November, I opened up my online banking. It was a tough season. My husband had been abusive with me and was arrested for the second time. That was the end of that. Only I have physical limitations and am not able to work. I was left with $65.

Imagine my huge surprise when I opened my banking info and saw I had a 16K surprise deposit! Vegas, see you next week!

• Love Love x 3
    • Like Like x 1
    • Wow! Wow! x 1
  17. Federated52

Federated52 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Don't know if this counts, but at my old job I was stocking the shelves in front of the counter where the cash register is & "found" $1500. I turned it in to the owners of the store. A day later someone came in asking if it was found & they returned the money to him. Come to find out he was a slum lord in town & had a very bad reputation. He never gave me a reward for turning it in, but the owners of the store gave me $20 for being honest & turning it in. That was before I was 21 so, it was before Vegas for me as well.

Circus - Circus
    • Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  18. MattyVTX

MattyVTX Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    When i got hired at the company i currently work for I opened my direct deposit through the credit union they own. Around 2 years later when my now wife/then girlfriend decided to move in together and get a joint bank account I called to close my checking account. Lady on the phone asked me what i wanted to do with the close to 900 dollars I had in my vacation account. Whoops, forgot i even had a vacation account. 80+ plus weeks depositing 10 dollars a week blown in a few days on CraftSteak and blackjack.

Vegas with The A Team
    • Like Like x 2
  19. Zapper

Zapper Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Not exactly found money but I got a little piggy bank as a marketing gimmick at my company, started a few years ago stashing coins I would get for change, nickels, dimes, quarters,loonies,toonies and would roll em (pain in the ass) and take em to the bank for my Vegas trip and always end up with a couple hundy. Fast forward a year and thought screw that rolling of coins, started keeping the coins and when I had two bucks worth exchanged em for Toonies ($2 coins) only. Also anytime I took beer bottles/wine bottles, liquor bottles back to the stores for refunds I always asked for TOONIES for the refund and paid for whatever I bought separately.

Did that for a year, rolled the Toonies and ended up with $960. I was shocked at how little effort turned out to be a meaningful part of the Vegas bankroll.

"I don't have a drinking problem. I drink, I fall down, I get up, NO PROBLEM"

• Love Love x 2
  20. bull1029

bull1029 High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Last time I switched wallets, the old one had a zippered pocket, and I found a C-note I had forgotten. It was my emergency bankroll from the last Vegas trip I had forgotten about. Not bad.

• Like Like x 4