1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

For the Packer fans-Lambeau

Discussion in 'Non-Vegas Chat' started by Joe, Aug 17, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Joe

Joe VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    We have the Gold season ticket package which means one pre-season game and two regular season games. Last night was a Thursday night game so we decided to get a hotel and not drive back 100 miles after a few beverages. They opened this new hotel named Lodge Kohler across from Lambeau and we splurged a little.

Here was our room view

Lodge Kohler view.jpg

So cool that when we we got back, I decided to see pricing on our other two games. OOPS.

Two night minimum for regular season games and $500 per night. Two night total= $1155. Ok, forget that.

Our preseason game night was $229.

But it was so cool. Walk out the door and 100 yards later, you are at the gate. They also had a bar on the fifth floor with an outdoor patio with a similar view. After the game we had a drink out there with the firepits going, not that they were needed when it was still 79 degrees at 10 PM. But fun to watch the fans streaming out.

The room had all Kohler fixtures of course. Touch control on the shower options. Vanity.jpg

shower.jpg

View from our seats
    Seat view.jpg

All of the construction around Lambeau is amazing. The Packers bought up many residences and land around the stadium and are building what you might call an entertainment district.

For those that know Green Bay, we had the famous Kroll burgers for lunch, which is now next door to this hotel.
    Oh yea, Packers beat the Steelers 51-34 in a low scoring affair.

Last edited: Aug 17, 2018
    • Like Like x 9
  2. Calder

Calder VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Did they actually have vacancies for the regular season, or did you just do a price check?

3. Joe

Joe VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    @Calder They did not have vacancies for our two remaining games, but did for Dec 2. Dec game at Lambeau, or home with the big screen and the fireplace. Easy choice for us.

4. hammie

hammie VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    @Joe, I’m curious, Are there any weekend parking lots for RV’s at Lambeau?

I rented an RV to attend a Penn State game with a group, it was a blast.

5. Rush

Rush MIA

Trips to Las Vegas:
    FYP

I gave up my season tickets about 5 years ago. Simply wasn't fun fighting the crowds, putting up with drunken assholes, and prices going up year after year.

I give you credit for sticking it out.

6. Joe

Joe VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    @hammie I'm sure they do, but I'm only guessing.

7. Joe Strummer

Joe Strummer VIP Whale

Joe
    You could go to Vegas for less than those two hotel
    nights during season !

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. Joe

Joe VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I forgot about this. The hotel is 13 months old and guest room security is new. Once you check in and get your room card and on the elevator, you tap your card and then select your floor. You can only select your floor, the other buttons are disabled. At the room, also just a tap to get in.

9. mjames1229

mjames1229 # of visits includes only trips w/ hotel stays

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I was there, too, as my wife got her company's tickets. We left after the Packers TWR (Token White Receiver) caught that long TD pass early in the 3rd quarter. My wife has an arthritic knee that wasn't handling the seating well and we live in Milwaukee and both start work at 7:00 AM. She does know that if this were a regular season game, that shit wouldn't have happened :kiss:

Packers.jpg

MJ's going to the Super Bowl (in Vegas)
    USBC Nationals, my portion
    • Like Like x 1
  10. Joe

Joe VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    My knees aren’t so good and I just dread those large steps to get to our row 35.

11. karens625

karens625 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I am going to check out that hotel when I am up there for the Sept. 16th game. Won't be staying there but do want to get a good look.
    My brother actually owns a house across from Lambeau. Rents it out for the games when he doesn't stay there.

12. Joe

Joe VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    @karens625 Make sure to check out Taverne in the Sky in the hotel. Drinks, appys or full meals and just a great view of Lambeau.

13. WHITEJACKET73

WHITEJACKET73 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I rented an apartment about 6 blocks west from the stadium back in the early 70’s. Back then that was the edge of town. There was a farm field across the street. I used to drive by the stadium every day on my way to work. I was driving thru GB a couple of years ago and made a detour to see the “old neighborhood” and did not recognize the place.

14. karens625

karens625 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    That sounds awesome. Will do that for sure. Thanks Joe. Looking forward to our yearly Packer trip.

15. imheids

imheids Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Go Pack Go!!!

16. mikeyvegas1

mikeyvegas1 High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Ya lots of construction this last year. They put in new LED lights and I am pretty sure some major field work. I run the Cellcom marathon most every year and it finishes through Lambeau. The lights were all staged and ready to go in and the field was all torn up. My wifes sister and her husband and kids came up to do the kids run the day before. My brother in-law put a good deal of effort into teaching his 3 year old to grab him some lambeau field grass during the run just to find out it was a huge sandbox at the time.

Sons 21st birthday trip
  17. Vegas Insight

Vegas Insight MIA

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Not surprised to learn they're finding ways to monetize the real estate around Lambert Field. Given what a big deal a regular season game is, and given how much people are willing to pay just for the experience inside the stadium at game time, it makes sense that so many stadiums have a "district" outside the building. The economics don't make sense to me, especially for football, (baseball makes a little more sense,) but economics often leave me puzzled. One of many reasons I don't own my own NFL franchise, or restaurant outside an NFL stadium.

18. jgates8

jgates8 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    We put my son on waiting list at 10 years old. He is now 34. I think he is still around 27,000.............I've been told the list is unbelievably long now. I believe he has moved up around 12,000 spots?

And of course my daughter was mad we didn't put her name on it also.

19. Jackpot Johnny

Jackpot Johnny Wynn Fan

Trips to Las Vegas:
    We hear you. After twenty years of being Cowboys season ticket holders, we gave up ours when our kids were gone and prices kept escalating. Jerry Jones’ perpetual money grabs just irritated us. (We got through the early 90s Super Bowl years and quit three years after Jimmy left.) Had we kept our tickets in AT&T Stadium (Jerry World), we’d now be spending the price of a new car every year-it amazes me that individuals still buy tickets and attend games. The NFL is mostly a corporate boondoggle now. My recliner, 75 inch 4K Samsung, a Shiner Bock and some popcorn is my Sunday football venue now-much better. Thousands of dollars to see a mediocre team with a clueless owner and mediocre coach play in an overpriced stadium an hour from our house just doesn’t work for us. (In Green Bay, just the paralyzing low temperatures at Lambeau might make me stay home)

I’ve been lucky enough to have attended a game at Lambeau. Despite the ridiculous cost of NFL games and all the hassles, I’d still recommend it for anyone’s sports bucket list. I grew up taking Wrigley Field for granted because I lived there, not then realizing the value of iconic sports venues. Lambeau is one of those.

As an aside, we’ve stayed at the Kohler American Club-sort of the Wisconsin equivalent of Wynn. You’re lucky to have a Kohler at Lambeau. Expensive, but what a great way to go to a game.

20. mjames1229

mjames1229 # of visits includes only trips w/ hotel stays

Trips to Las Vegas:
    See, you've got it wrong. The seat numbers on the metal bleachers are so close together (and numbered for human sizes in the 1950s) that when everybody is bundled in their best blaze orange, it is still really cozy on the coldest of days. PRO TIP - Take your shoes off and wrap them in a blanket. The rubber in the soles conducts the cold from the cement. Wrapping your stocking feet in a blanket is amazing.

This all works great... except the face. That shit stays cold.

MJ's going to the Super Bowl (in Vegas)
    USBC Nationals, my portion
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.