1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Flight Chaos, Drunken Debauchery, Pilgrims, and Comatos...Pcket5s TR

Discussion in 'Vegas Trip Reports' started by pcket5s, Nov 4, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Habanaman13

Habanaman13 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Kudos!!

Good call on the old school, asking the father first. I was the only son-in-law who asked permission first and I have a special relationship with my Father-in-Law because of it. I don't hear many guys doing that anymore. Kudos!

And way to go on the Trip! When you are headed to the McCarran feeling and looking like crap, you know you sucked all you could out of Vegas! My best trips are always the ones where I collapse at home and don't even have the desire to go back to Vegas, until the next day anyway. (It is a chronic and persistant problem!)

Hab

2. Royal Flusher

Royal Flusher Savvy Gambler

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Very nice trip report!

Glad you are taking the time to respect your gf's family. You are right, it is important to get it right now.

And dude - your gf is just lovely. :beer: Keep us posted on the nuptials!

3. HoyaHeel

HoyaHeel Grammar Police & Admin

Trips to Las Vegas:
    That's because many of us would-be fiancees are offended that someone ELSE be asked for permission to marry us. And who would you rather be happy - your would-be father-in-law or your would-be wife?

Besides- my husband said he didn't know who to ask in my family (multiple marriages & divorces - it took a village to raise me:peace:) And no one gave me away at the wedding either. Some traditions are nice. Others make no sense for many couples.

I think I have a hangover myself after reading this report!

4. Jinx

Jinx VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Very nice report, well written and definitely full of details, sounds like you had a great trip. Although that last Sunday morning definitely sounded a bit rough. Thanks for taking the time to share, and good luck on the proposal and the future.

5. pcket5s

pcket5s Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thanks again for all the positive feedback!! Been back home for four days now and already planning trip #2. I'm officially addicted to Sin City!

6. Thor

Thor Beer Drinker

Trips to Las Vegas:
    great trip report!!! addiction to that place is easy!!! we all have it! :beer::beer::beer:

7. bigwill

bigwill Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Nice trip report way to go on exploring all over

8. gotavegasjones

gotavegasjones VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thanks for posting your Trip Report. It was a fun read. You have a knack for TR writing. Keep 'em coming in the future. Hope you're cured of the hangover now. Glad for you to acknowledge your Vegas addiction. It is a fun habit. Have a great season of *engagement*/ wedding and an even better marriage.

later, GVJ

9. Rick1323

Rick1323 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I have 5 words for you....

Nice report

Marry that girl!

10. pcket5s

pcket5s Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    hahaha yes I know exactly what you mean. On the flight back I vowed to never set foot in Vegas again. But by Midday Monday I was already itching to get back after I felt better!

Thank you for the wonderful words about the gf. She is indeed a very special and beautiful person.

hahaha TY.. I have full intentions to slap the ring on as soon as I can before she starts... :poke: lol

11. Habanaman13

Habanaman13 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Mea Culpa

Sorry to hit a nerve there Hoya. That was not my meaning to conjur up 1850's style sexual politics. It was about respecting the family and asking permission to be allowed/welcomed in. It was not my intention to convey, nor my view 14 years ago, to view it as the woman is some kind of chattel to be bargained for. You respect the elders and the bonds of the family.

But then again, I am also the kind of guy who feels you should have permission to use a man's bbq grill before you fire it up and start searing steaks, so I might be a little warped. Don't mess with a man's family, don't mess with his grill!

Hab

12. themightydude

themightydude High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Just varies on culture...

I would ask someones father first before asking their hand in marriage. I mean.. generally they're gonna say yes anyway, and it helps in the long run with their family respecting you ;)

13. stryker

stryker Newbie

Big +1

and nice trip report

14. BackInVegas

BackInVegas VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Nice report

When is the next trip planned? Surely you are going back because it sounds like you had way too much fun.

15. pcket5s

pcket5s Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Right now initially it looks like end of March... It seems so far away :cry:!!! but I will def start booking/making set plans come new years

16. rdrfn70

rdrfn70 Low-Roller

Great report! The old man was right!

17. queentata

queentata VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    wow. loved reading the report. sounds like you had an awesome time. I can certainly relate to the hangover in Vegas. Hate to be hungover on a plane. the fun was worth it though.

18. sfplayer

sfplayer Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Excellent report and I have been there as well. I always think I will learn but can't stay away from the partying and booze the night before the plane ride home. Sounds like you had a great time. Thanks again for the report.

19. dwood443

dwood443 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Great trip report, its nice to live vicariously through a younger couple's first trip to vegas even if its only for 15 mins while I was reading. Thanks for taking the time for a detailed report

20. sam_marques

sam_marques Vegas Vlogs Youtube / TeamClareVlogs

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thank you for a great TR, enjoyed reading. And Fab photos as well!!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.