1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Flamingo-Orleans-Flamingo TR July 2013 Long trip-Long report!

Discussion in 'Vegas Trip Reports' started by dbueler, Jul 10, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. pebbles

pebbles VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thanks. I enjoyed your report.

2. incognito

incognito Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Diane, Nice trip report. It's always nice to leave Vegas a winner!

BTW I did not know that you could have 2 of your players card being used simultaneously in 2 machines. It's okay to do that?? I'm close to Diamond only 5,000 to go and I have a trip next week and I would love try that technique out with my friend.

Last edited: Jul 12, 2013
  3. dbueler

dbueler High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Certainly can use two cards at the same time on different machines. Lots of husband and wife teams do this.... you will read in their TR's that "we played on my card" or something to that effect. They ususally try to get a higher player card level on one card before playing on the other person's card.
    diane

4. incognito

incognito Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thanks Diane! I hope some of your good luck heads my way. Or I at least make it to Diamond this trip!

5. Leeza14

Leeza14 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Fully enjoyed your TR! :)

6. westie

westie VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    " I read Westie’s tr on the flight out and I promised myself I would slow down more on this long trip."

-----If you were in slow down mode, I would hate to see you in full action. LOL. Great TR - I loved all the
    different shows you attended. We have seen Purple Reign a few times and he is spot on.
    Thanks for sharing your memories with us.

7. agirl

agirl Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Love your Trip Report! So much info, but never boring. You packed a lot of my three favs into your trip - dining, gambling, and entertainment! And I'm with you, sister, it doesn't matter how long the trip is, it's never long enough and I always get sad when I have to check into SWA, knowing that means I've only got 24 hours left to go!

8. jgates8

jgates8 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I probably walked by you twelve times.......I arrived at Flamingo on the 4th & left on the 9th (but then at Paris one more night till 10th).

My only confusion is that my host told me that Diamond players got all the resort fee amenities but did NOT have to pay the fee - which would include internet. (I'm only Platinum right now). So maybe check on that before your next trip if you stay Diamond???? I was lucky & my go room (27051) was waiting for me as planned.

I got one 125 pt bonus for a 500 TC day - but I was so sick starting on 2nd/3rd day of trip that I didn't play nearly as much as I planned. Some of my other days were only 375 TCs.

I checked in on 4th when it was D/7St only valet. I pulled up next to the bell desk (inner drive lane) & a gal in heels told me I'd be waiting forever & to pull back around to the valet lanes as she was reopening them. Whew!!!

9. LAV

LAV Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Your host gave you incorrect information. Diamond does not have to pay a fee, but if they opted for the amenities, they have to pay the fee. Unless that host was going to comp off that fee at the end.

10. tringlomane

tringlomane STP Addicted Beer Snob

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Yeah, I was wondering if you were going to try to maintain diamond without St. Louis as a CET option. Harrah's STL had some great single line video poker. Even more amazingly, Hollywood hasn't ripped it out.

As for CET Vegas, the best paying multi-line games I am aware is 7/5 Bonus w/STP for quarters or less. But note when ACE$ Bonus pays 50 for a full house at the CET bars, then it pays 10 on trips, making a craptastic game at 95.36%. Hell, 8/5 DDB is even a lot better than that; I hope you got a lot of comped drinks out of watching the game. They should be ashamed to even offer a game like that, but when does CET ever show shame? :evillaugh

Good report though and nice hits!

11. bshowell

bshowell VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Sorry your stay started off w/awful service @ the Flamingo, but great report nonetheless! I've never heard of the reserve. I looked it up and it looks like a great place to visit. We'll probably Zipcar it sometime and that could be a great destination.

12. LV_Bound

LV_Bound VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I saw Capo’s Italian restaurant on a couple of different Vegas type shows on the Travel Channel. It is definitely unique. I checked the location and it was a bit off the beaten path, but your review if the food just being ok confirms we won't go out of our way to eat there.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.