1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Flamingo Breakfast Buffet

Discussion in 'Restaurants & Buffets' started by TylerH50, Jul 15, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TylerH50

TylerH50 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Groupon has a Breakfast Buffet offer w/ bottomless Bloody Mary's an Mimosas at Flamingo. Has anyone eaten here for breakfast. Is it Tolerable? Above Average?

Thanks

2. The Rumor

The Rumor VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    That buffet sucks but it's difficult to screw up some of the basics at breakfast. Do you want to eat good food or get wasted? Your call

I generally think getting canned by noon is a terrible idea in LV but it's your call.

Return to Greatness
  3. ardee

ardee It's only money.

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Wanna bet? Obviously you never ate at the infamous Imperial Palace buffet.

But I agree...Flamingo's buffet stinks. Definitely sub-sub-par. It can't even see par from the bunkers. You are better off hitting McDonald's for an Egg McMuffin, then picking up a six pack at Walgreen's.:D

Last edited: Jul 18, 2017
    • Agree Agree x 2
  4. The Rumor

The Rumor VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Fruit is fruit and cereal with milk is cereal with milk. They will have enough high fructose corn syrup to cover up the bland pancakes. Etc.

Return to Greatness
    • Funny Funny x 1
  5. Loluvsvegas

Loluvsvegas Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    It's really not that bad for breakfast. They have the basics, an a nice omelet station. They also have nice views. The bloody Mary's stink, so go with the mimosas.

6. dmr

dmr Registered Abuser

Trips to Las Vegas:
    It's very OK, nothing to go out of your way for, and another way to bury alcohol on your expense report. IIRC it's brunch, lasting until 1:00pm or so. I didn't think it was that bad, actually. The only recent change is that they now bring you the drinks as opposed to having a bartender that you go to.

7. mdm4sfest

mdm4sfest VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    9AM- Enter Flamingo buffet line
    913AM-You are seated
    1010AM-Depart Buffet
    1012AM- Shit your brains out

I say go for it...

• Like Like x 1
  8. vegasvic

vegasvic VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I've found the differences between most buffets to be far smaller for breakfast than for lunch/dinner.

• Agree Agree x 2
  9. Publius

Publius Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I went to the breakfast buffet the other day and it literally ran right through me. The poor souls at the Flamingo restroom later in the day heard some unpleasant sounds

10. sybgal

sybgal VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    We have always had a good experience with this breakfast buffet....especially like their corned beef hash....omelets always a safe bet too....When we were in LV the last week of April....the buffet was not open everyday for breakfast....has days / hours posted....

11. Candy Apple

Candy Apple VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    We've eaten the brunch three or four times, always find plenty to eat, and never have gotten sick. Service has always been prompt and friendly with quick mimosa refills. They have a big selection of desserts that tasted better than the ones at Main Street's buffet.

12. dmr

dmr Registered Abuser

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I really think the big issue with buffets, all buffets, is that they are consistently inconsistent!

I can't think of a single buffet at all, Las Vegas or anywhere, that has been consistently excellent. Closest I can think of is the local Ameristar buffet and I've seen some off days on that one too.

13. brianinmd

brianinmd Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    As far as breakfast buffets in LV, I kinda only have three different ratings (good, ok, bad).

There are only a few good ones that stand above, and there are a couple of really bad ones, but I think it depends on what you're looking for. If you're looking at standard breakfast fare (eggs, sausage, bacon, omelette) or packaged goods like cereal, etc. that you'll probably be ok. If you go the Flamingo buffet looking for some sort of elevated experience you will be severely disappointed.

14. runningonthehub

runningonthehub High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I don't expect much from a breakfast buffet, so most we satisfy my needs. It would hard to mess up the basics, eggs, bacon, coffee, juice and french toast. That's about all I need.

15. dmr

dmr Registered Abuser

Trips to Las Vegas:
    One dish I think of as a benchmark dish, and a pet peeve of mine at some buffets, is scrambled eggs. They are so incredibly easy to prepare, either singularly or in a large batch (as in a large grill or a wok), even with something like Sysco egg mix.

However (comma) I've seen sooooo many buffets totally {f-bomb} them up! Think dry yellow rubber clots in watery liquid!

All it takes is a little bit of attention to detail.

Last trip, Sams Town actually did a halfway decent job. Ditto for Flamingo the last time I remember.

However, I've had vile gross ones at Flamingo, the local Horseshoe, and those at Palace Station were memorably bad.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.