1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Flamingo 5/1 - 5/5 $10,000 Group Slot Pull Win!

Discussion in 'Vegas Trip Reports' started by dfalk, May 7, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dfalk

dfalk VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:

My Trip Report

Thought I'd share a quick write up of my last trip since I like to go back and reminisce the good times. Went 5/1 - 5/5, stayed at the Flamingo and 10 of us went, including a few regulars, a few that haven't been since turning 21, and 3 virgins. The occasion was a 30th birthday celebration, and my 12th trip. Here's a few highlights:

MON 5/1

Flew out on Allegiant, flight was about 45 min late and we got to Vegas around 11PM. Had a presidential limo booked for all 10 of us and off we went to the Flamingo. Checked in and got upgraded from a Fab to Go room for slipping her a $20.

[​IMG]

A couple daytime views from the room, 27th floor, Spa Tower I believe it was called.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

After checking in it was time for a group slot pull. We went to the HL room at Caesars and each put $100 into a machine, $1000 total, and did $25 a spin. Within our first 10 spins we hit a $1,835 handpay. Decided to keep going and hit another hand pay for $6,760. Kept it going and hit another handpay for $1,400. So within an couple hours of being in Vegas we had hit for $10,000. After taxes and dividing the money we each took home $700. Hell of a way to start the trip.

Win pics (didn't get a pic of the $1,400 win, actually didn't many pics at all this trip):

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

After Caesars it was about 3AM and a few of us walked back to the Flamingo to play some tables. Played some blackjack and roulette till about 8 in the morning. 3 of us were still awake and starving so walked to Earls to get some breakfast. Got home and went to bed around 9AM, up about $400 for the trip.

TUE 5/2

Woke up around 11:30 and after only getting 2.5 hours of sleep was feeling pretty good. No real plans today except walk around. Ended up walking to MGM and played Sigma Derby for a while, and gambled at MGM, NYNY, Aria, and Cosmo. Was not having a good gambling day at all and was down about $400 or so.

Went to eat at Gordon Ramsey at Caesars, had a bacon burger that was really good. After dinner it was around 8 or 9 and most of us went to PH and gambled some more. This is where my luck finally turned around. Within an hour I hit machines for $250, $450, and $500 bringing me up a total $800 for the day.

My $450 win (again forget to get pics of the other wins)

[​IMG]

After that we sat down at a War table and gambled there for like 3 hours. We were all having a blast, drinks were flowing and the dealer was great. Even though I lost $200 it was the most fun gambling session of the trip.

Not to sure what happened next but I think I went back to the Flamingo and gambled some more, and according to some texts I went to bed around 7AM.

Last edited: May 7, 2017
    • Like Like x 2
    • Wow! Wow! x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  2. dfalk

dfalk VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    WED 5/3

Woke up around 11:00 and after only getting 4 hours of sleep was feeling pretty good. Today was pool day and I booked a cabana at the Go Pool. Got there about 12 and stayed there till 5. I've never sat at a pool in Vegas before and it was a ton of fun, and pretty much everyone agreed it was the highlight of the trip. I was surprised how cheap it was too, we ordered 2 bottles of vodka, some food, a few other drinks and the total bill was just a little over $700. Divide that up by 10 people and that's cheap as hell for 5 hours in Vegas.

[​IMG]

5:00PM, I was pretty drunk and have no idea what I did between 5-10PM. At 10 though I convinced everyone they needed to have an authentic Vegas strip club experience. Called up the Spearmint Rhino and had them pick us all up and got there about 11. Ended up getting bottle service and a table. I was pretty hammered by now, bought a few lap dances and ended up in the VIP room for an hour or so and lost all my money. It was 3AM, I had $4 in my wallet, my only other friend left there was also broke so I had to pay the cabbie with a credit card just to get home. Passed out around 3AM.

THUR 5/4

Woke up around 10 and got more sleep in one night than I did the 2 previous nights. Vegas was finally starting to catch up to me and I was hurting. Went to miracle mile mall and ate at Blondies. I took a few bites of my food and instantly felt like I was gonna die. Had to trek it back home and take a nap, slept from 2-6PM

Diner was at 7 so woke up and went to Roy's Hawaiian Fusion for the birthday dinner. Ordered a steak but was only able to eat a little of it, was still feeling like shit. Got back to the hotel at 9. Decided if I didn't start drinking beer I was gonna feel like shit for the rest of the night , so I bought 4 beers and chugged them as fast as I could. And by golly if it didn't work, I was felling so much better.

Decided to go to Fremont tonight and got there about 10:30. Walked around for a bit, gambled mostly at the D . Didn't win shit there and got back to Flamingo around 1AM. Was nice and drunk by then and decided to give blackjack one last shot on my final night there. Me and 2 buddies sat on the same table till 5 AM and got absolutely hammered. They each won a little bit and I only lost $100 so I'll just count that as a win!

FRI 5/5

Woke up at 11, checked out, then went and ate at Carlos and Charlies. Walked around and killed a little time till Presidential picked us up at 3 and off to the airport we went. Trip was over and sadness began.

All in all it was an amazing trip, had so much fun. Was cool to show the Vegas virgins around and tried to show them a good time. 10 people is a little much though and spent a lot of time waiting around for everyone .

I didn't get to gamble as much as I normally do, but ended up doing alright. Slots were decent to me and the tables sucked, usually it's the other way around. Not once did I get to go to the cage to exchange chips.

I thought May was gonna be reasonable weather around 80 but I think it was well over 90 almost everyday. Fuck that, I hate the heat and now added another month I will no longer visit, that being May-Sept.

Counting all the drinks, food, gambling, and entertainment the whole trip only costed me $1,000. If I didn't spend $700 at the Rhino Wed night I would of came home pretty much even. So for all the fun I had I consider the $1,000 loss a win in my book and easily allows me another trip this fall.

Hope you all enjoyed, any questions feel free to ask.

Last edited: May 7, 2017
    • Like Like x 6
  3. tringlomane

tringlomane STP Addicted Beer Snob

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Sounds like a great trip! One of the most successful group pulls I've read!

4. Chuck2009x

Chuck2009x VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Shit, congrats, that's a fantastic result for a group pull.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Mario's Backroom

Mario's Backroom Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Great trip report! Now you've got me thinking about a group slot pull next week....we'll have 8 people. Thanks for sharing! Also, bravo on the beer recovery method :beer:

Something to look forward to!
    • Like Like x 1
  6. dfalk

dfalk VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Ya I was very shocked when it happened. I was thinking if we got lucky we might double our money, wasn't expecting to get 7x as much.

7. PaulHMD

PaulHMD Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Nice TR, a beer is your best friend in Vegas it seems! Nice win with the group pull

8. breanna61

breanna61 Super Moderator

Trips to Las Vegas:
    The group pull success was a great way to start your trip; congrats!

9. Niteshade

Niteshade VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Congrats on the very successful group pull. Great job!
    Enjoyed your report. Thanks for sharing!

10. nostresshere

nostresshere Mr. Anti Debit Card

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Awesome slot pull.

How did you all handle the "tax" side?

11. Kobra2848

Kobra2848 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Great win on the group slot pull.

Mark

12. dfalk

dfalk VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    For the 3 handpays the attendant said whoever's card was in the machine has to take the W2G, mine was in for the smallest handpay and I had them take the max 30% out. The other 2 did as well.

13. Kevke

Kevke Vegas Addict

Trips to Las Vegas:
    i like these group pulls :p

14. vegasmacker

vegasmacker Canadian Ambassador for Sully's Bar

Trips to Las Vegas:
    The back room of the rhino is never good for the wallet

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.