1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Five50 at Sage

Discussion in 'Restaurants & Buffets' started by FountainFiend, Jan 9, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. FountainFiend

FountainFiend Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
  2. vegasbound

vegasbound VIP Whale

Pizza is the new trend, for sure. We've done small plates and gourmet burgers. I wonder what's next?

3. ah6tyfour

ah6tyfour High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I love this new pizza trend. Even within pizza, we're moving away from the "I apprenticed in Italy making 200 pounds of dough a day for thirty years" type of place and moving towards the "I researched and scientifically experimented to find the perfect dough" kind of place. Nancy Silverton (with Mario Batali) did it in LA with Mozza, and her dough is still considered the best in the business.

So this new place seems like a great concept. And their connection with Sage heightens the appeal. I hope they price pizzas in the $15 range, maybe making two splurgy pizzas at over $20 (lobster, clams, white sauce, red pepper-infused truffle oil). And I hope they bring some of Sage's appetizers over and charge a bit less for them. Much like DOCG is a more rustic and affordable way to sample Scarpetta's food, I hope to try Sage's food at the new pizza place.

I'm still waiting for the build-your-own-gourmet-pizza place to open around Vegas. The concept hasn't quite spread from LA yet. Waiting for a place like 800 Degrees which makes great Neapolitan-style pizza using fresh mozzarella and locally sourced meats and veggies and priced under $10 after four toppings. It would work here, although I'm afraid most of the clientele wouldn't care where the products came from or that it is of the best possible quality.

Aside from pizza, the sort of new food trend is fine dining in a casual and affordable environment. All these new chefs staging at fine restaurants under big name chefs leaving to start their own restaurants using the same techniques and experience, but leaving behind the stuffy waiters and $$$$ designations. And it's a trend I love and will always support!

4. vegasbound

vegasbound VIP Whale

We have Custom Built Pizza. It's off-strip at W Flamingo/215. It's very good. Pizzas are $8 unlimited toppings.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.