1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

First trip of 2020, It's the Cortez for a week.

Discussion in 'Vegas Trip Reports' started by The Stig, Jan 31, 2020.

1. tringlomane

tringlomane STP Addicted Beer Snob

Trips to Las Vegas:
    That is a shame. Enjoy your extra night!

• Like Like x 1
  2. The Stig

The Stig VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    So checked out the Cortez again, flight is no till this evening so just hanging around Downtown. Flight status is on time and I'm assuming the plane has been at Mccarran since yesterday.

• Like Like x 1
  3. The Stig

The Stig VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    So my extra last day so far has been wandering around Fremont St. Been in Golden Nugget and Golden Gate, currently in Binions, I have e mailed my resource dept at work to request Tues off. I should be on a 12 hour day shift but I don't know what time I will get home so best if I get that day off.

Last edited: Feb 9, 2020
    • Like Like x 2
  4. The Stig

The Stig VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Last hour before getting Lyft to Mccarran, they have even give me a 10%off my next ride. I'm still in Binions and to be honest it's all right in here. Bar staff are good and drink is a good price. Not one of the places I usually drink but have found it a good place this week so it goes on the list.

• Like Like x 2
  5. The Stig

The Stig VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Back in Cortez for my final drink, I was said the other day that in Binions they were selling jackets for $15. I got myself a waterproof from there knowing I'm returning to a post storm UK.

• Like Like x 2
  6. The Stig

The Stig VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    At Mccarran now waiting for the call to board. I checked in no problem but I noticed that the BA check in had a massive queue for it. Just having a drink before I board, been a nice chilled trip with an unexpected day added on to it. Not sure when I will return as looking to change jobs and can't finance 3 or 4 trips a year like I use to.

• Like Like x 1
  7. benjamin1

benjamin1 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Hope you have a pleasant flight back! Thanks for sharing your adventures with us!

8. pebbles

pebbles VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I hope your journey home went well. The storm isn’t as bad today so far, but I hope you had a shorter flight due to the high winds. One flight from JFK was two hours early yesterday.
    Thanks for taking us along with you.

9. The Stig

The Stig VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Flight home was quicker and bumpy, landed around 2pm at Heathrow. Had to have two attempts as very bumpy approach. Just on the train now going back north. Thanks for all the nice comments a d hope you enjoyed to TR.

• Like Like x 4
  10. Kobra2848

Kobra2848 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Another enjoyable report. Sorry to hear your going to have to cutback on your trips. Last year I only made it to Vegas one time after over a decade of three of four trips a year.

Mark

11. The Stig

The Stig VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Yeah going to have to cut back but looking at another this year at some point. Something I meant to mention was the driver I had going to the airport yesterday. We were talking about the Raiders coming to town.

He was also saying that Oakland Athletics will be moving to Vegas, the stadium will be where the Rio is. I have that rumour but not the name of a actual franchise.