1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Finally DIDN'T book a trip because of Resort Fees

Discussion in 'Misc. Vegas Chat' started by landsburger, Mar 6, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jagdan61

jagdan61 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thank You for posting Downtown song. When I was a little boy I would make my Big Brother play that song over and over again on his 8 Track tape in his VW Bug. He passed away in Vietnam but even now I think of him laughing having to play that song over and over for me.

2. shady2415

shady2415 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Resort Fees

I think the resort fees are a good thing for some people, and the only thing I would suggest would be to include them in with the room rate up front tia

3. bigalbr

bigalbr VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Resort fees are not good for anybody. If you wanted the services included in the resort fee, they were available for purchase at a lower rate. Or you would only purchase them on the days you needed them. It's a complete scam to raise hotel revenue.

4. merlin

merlin MIA

Trips to Las Vegas:
    It's high time we expand the resort fee to restaurants, perhaps $5 a diner to help cover the tables, napkins, glasses, etc. Not to mention the free water...:wink2:

5. Terry Benedict

Terry Benedict VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Maybe the way to stop the uproar over the fees is for the FTC to require websites to include them in the initial "bait" price. Or tax the hotel for the fees at a higher rate.

I think the fees don't necessarily matter (customers feel duped) when it's a small percentage of the rate. When it's half or actually higher than the rate, people feel short-changed.

6. andyg99

andyg99 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I just booked 3 rooms at the Luxor for 4 nights in August - $350 in resort fees! ouch!............. ok...... there... I'm over it!

Less than 4 months away!!!! woohoo!!!!!

Vegas Trip #57
    Vegas Trip #58, Sammy Hagar
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.