1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Feel like I'm missing out!

Discussion in 'Restaurants & Buffets' started by Lhammer28, Aug 22, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Lhammer28

Lhammer28 High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Hey All!!!
    I'm obviously getting ready for Vegas by reading the boards NON stop!
    After the last few weeks of reading, I think I'm definitely missing out on the restaurant options in Vegas!!!!
    So I have less than 48 hours and only 2 things planned for food, Luxor Steakhouse (MyVegas) and Breakfast at Mon Ami Gabi. I was going to do Wahlburgers but I'm reading a lot better options.
    I tend to not eat a lot in Vegas, I'm usually just drunk gambling or relaxing at the pool, so we would do a buffet or quick food court meal. I also tend to go to places I like again and again (PBR bar was so damn good last time I wanted to go again this trip)

Help me out, I'm staying at Harrahs but want to try at least 2 new places-I was going to try GR at PH but the line was always super long! Any thoughts???

2. Nevyn

Nevyn VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Budget?

3. Lhammer28

Lhammer28 High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I'm not looking to spend $50 on a hamburger or anything, but as long as it's good food, I don't really care! All meals in Vegas go on the TR Visa anyways and I pay it off when I get home!

4. WelshBlonde

WelshBlonde Wishing I was in Vegas

Trips to Las Vegas:
    GR in PH is nice but not outstanding. Not sure I would spend the time in line again.

Aria buffet or Bacchanal buffet for best buffets.

Cheap eats wise and as a brit I couldnt help love In N Out burger, much better than the fast food places we have! Pinks hotdog in PH was great too.

I also had an amazing deep dish pizza in 4 queens that I cant wait to have again!

On my list of places to eat I have Canaletto in Venetian if you like italian.

• Informative Informative x 1
  5. SoulSonic

SoulSonic Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    For fairly cheap and quick eats, In N Out for burgers especially if you never tried it before. Shake Shack is also a better option than Whalburgers.

Pick up a slice at 550 pizza at Aria to soak up some of the alcohol. You can sit at the bar next door and enjoy your slice with a drink and play some video poker.

6. rgrif57

rgrif57 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    That is the nice thing with GR Burger the price is reasonable $15-$17 for a really good burger. We don't have to wait because of tier level however around 330 the line was good. We also like Guys Vegas place at Linq, good ribs and our new favorite Italian is Martorano's both times we have eaten there it is great and price is better than Rao's and huge portions.........Rick

7. TIMSPEED

TIMSPEED VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    What style of food?
    Try ping pang pong at Gold Coast, maybe go to Little Asia on Spring Mountain, try Pizza Rock downtown, Guy Fieri's in either Rio or Linq, the list goes on...literally too many choices to list.
    Off strip-ish;Casa De Amore, Golden Steer

8. RickyRicardo

RickyRicardo Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I enjoy Cafe Bellagio located toward the back of the conservatory. Everything on the menu is outstanding and always have had great service there. Used to be 24 hours, but they cut the hours from I think 6 am to 1 am, which disappointed me as it was my '3 am I'm starving' go to place lol. Not too pricey and mostly casual.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  9. Nevyn

Nevyn VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Any particular cuisine being sought or avoided? You have mentioned mainly burger places so far.

Also, have a car or looking specifically close to Harrah's?

10. Lhammer28

Lhammer28 High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I just want to try new places! I can usually find something I like at any restaurant!
    I do love Italian food, But I really only have one night for a dinner and that's going to be at Luxor with the MyVEGAS comp (we loved it last time, was contemplating doing Excaliburs Steakhouse this time, should we?!)
    I only have time for one lunch on Tuesday and I will most likely be solo while hubby is in the conference!

Oddly enough I was going to try to get to GC. We stayed there a lot in the past and I'm kinda craving PPP, it's been at least 6 years!
    Pizza is always a choice so I was hoping to get to Secret Pizza for the first time this trip!

We had a coupon for Guys at the Linq last time, another couple used it but weren't impressed so I didn't try it, but it's nearby so it's on my list of possibilities!

11. thecarve

thecarve Misanthrope

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Secret and Five50 are both good. But for my money, Grimald's is the best pizza on the strip.

12. Lhammer28

Lhammer28 High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I have heard mixed reviews on Grimald's! But that won't stop me from trying it! I'll probably have all 3 of those places...Pizza is my go to in Vegas-especially after drinking all day.....
    o_O

13. emmas

emmas VIP Whale

Travelzoo has a special dinner for 2 at BLT Steakhouse dinner for $115.00. From what I've read its actually a straight $210 credit for anything. I wanted to do it, but traveling solo. They also have specials for other Vegas restaurants.

I need all the luck I can get!
    • Love Love x 1
  14. SoulSonic

SoulSonic Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I was disappointed with Secret Pizza. I liked 550 better. Need to try Grimalis next.

For deep dish pizza there is Giordano's in front of Bally's.

I've always wanted to try Gordon Ramsey's Fish & Chips but I always get side tracked.

15. Lhammer28

Lhammer28 High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    So, we only have 1 night (I fly in at 930am Sunday and leave at 5pm on Tuesday) but we were going to use my MyVEGAS comp bit since we have already eaten there, would BLT be better? It's closer and it's at Ballys, so is that double points on the TR Visa???

Hmmm now I have options!! Shoot, good thing I have a month to make plans!

16. packNsnap

packNsnap Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I found Shake shack to be really good! and not bad prices

17. Lhammer28

Lhammer28 High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I haven't been there yet, so I think I might have to try it out

18. Frankr163

Frankr163 High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    My go to guilty dining option is the Planet Hollywood restaurant in the Forum shops.
    Usually pretty good service with decent portion size. Prices are reasonable, and there are coupons on destinationcoupons.com to make it an even better deal.
    Great location for you right across the street from Harrah's if your under time constraint which seems to be your case.
    Ask to sit on the patio and there is a nice southern view of the strip. Very nice at twilight.

• Love Love x 1
  19. BlacklabberMike

BlacklabberMike MIA

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Had a decent slice from Flour & Barley on the street by the Linq heading down to the High Roller.

saw this place on Triple D last night and might try it.
    anyone? beuhler? anyone?

https://www.thoseguyspies.com/menu

20. Sparky4

Sparky4 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I had a burger Sunday night at Broadway Burger in NYNY, its over by the Zumanity theater. It was probably one of the best burgers I've had in Vegas.

Happy birthday to me!
    Let’s check Garth off my nieces bucket list!
    • Love Love x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.