1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Fee THIS!!! Allegiant

Discussion in 'Getting There & Getting Around' started by 3cats, Apr 25, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 3cats

3cats High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Now Allegiant is charging fees for carry on's that will fit in the over head bins.
    Then when I go to the website to check fares and possibly book, there is a disclaimer stating that the fares now include taxes and fees..................FAT CHANCE.......................

Taxes and fees are added to the final purchase price too. so they are double taxing the fare.

I don't know who to contact regarding all these fees for travelers, I have tried calling this airline about the double tax and they say that I must be reading the internet booking sight wrong.

Has anyone else noticed this double taxing on other airline sights?

2. Buddha

Buddha VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    This new fare structure, with the taxes & fees being included in the ticket price is simply a new mandate for clear & fair comparitive shopping for tickets. There will NOT be any additional ticket taxes added on "double", as it would be illegal for them to do that with this new mandate ... which ALL airlines must follow.
    In regard to any fees for luggage, which I personally hate (I fly SWA), those fees are not part of the ticket price, so they can charge you whatever the market will bear.

3. MisplacedTexan

MisplacedTexan Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I gave up on Allegiant a long time ago. I've never been nickeled and dimed so much in my life. It's insulting. Of course, I live close enough that I have the option of driving.

4. y2mulder

y2mulder Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Yeah, Southwest is your friend. I will drive as far as I have to so I can fly with them at this point.

Netflix pushed the envelope too far and got their business model blown to bits.......

5. iowa1525

iowa1525 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Spirit airlines is worse. I have flown both several times. Sprit has been charging for carry-ons for awhile. In addition with spirit, they charge to choose your seat, they only allow your checked bag to be 40 lbs, and the real kicker...they charge $5 to have the ticket agent print your boarding pass.

At the end of the flight when they ask you to pick up any trash, I politely say, that will be a $10 fee.

6. Gregg19

Gregg19 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    if you want some great reading, like the Allegiant facebook page. There are alot of upset ex-customers venting on it about their new baggage fees, poor customer service, etc..

7. 604jimmy

604jimmy Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Allegiant didn't hedge the price of fuel, which mean they have to pay market price for jet fuel. And as the price of fuel goes up, they're just bleeding profits.

To help offset the cost, they started charging for extra luggage. Which is win win for them. 1) Less bags equals less fuel used and 2) Additional revenues from fees.

I don't like the fee too, but when I compare them with Alaska, they're still cheaper if you book early. But still, I'll be keeping a closer eye on my other flying options now that the price difference is starting to close up.

8. makikiboy

makikiboy VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    allegiant will be flying to hawaii in a couple of months. Their prices are low but when you add the nickel and dime fees hawaiian with their seasonal specials are lower even with the higher fare price. The only problem is that you have to check for the seasonal specials as they are not around all the time.

Not sure if I want to fly to/from hawaii on allegiant. :Þ there is little way to travel light or without carry ons so I would rather take hawaiian or united and not worry about nickel and dime charges. but that's JMHO.

9. couponqueen

couponqueen Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Another Allegiant Change - Weight of Luggage

Has anyone noticed that your checked luggage can only be 40 lbs. now instead of the previous 50 lbs. Another sneaky trick of Allegiant along with the cost of the carryons!

10. sammasseur

sammasseur VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Anyone who willingly does business with a company whose structure is built on underhanded tactics, corner-cutting, deception, tricks, and poor service gets what they deserve. My life is too valuable to fly in those dirty, poorly-maintained rust buckets that comprise the Allegiant fleet. For those who blindly arrange a flight from a package deal or use Allegiant as first-timers without doing their research, I feel sorry. My cash won't go to Allegiant, ever.

11. anton73

anton73 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Glad they don't fly out of Philly. I thought US Air was bad, but they seem real shady.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.