1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Feb 2018 ti & Cosmo : Enter the Night

Discussion in 'Vegas Trip Reports' started by Grid, Mar 1, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bshowell

bshowell VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Love reading your reports. Fantastic pictures!

• Like Like x 1
  2. Chuck2009x

Chuck2009x VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    EXACTLY what I had pictured, lol.

• Love Love x 1
  3. JosieCat

JosieCat VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I love your family trip reports, as well as your solo ones. You know how to do Vegas, family style. Thanks for taking us along, and for the great pics. Still chucking over the coconut :).

• Like Like x 1
  4. Grid

Grid VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I'm still going to buy her a real coconut the next time I'm at the grocery store. Just to see what she can do with it!

• Funny Funny x 1
  5. tringlomane

tringlomane STP Addicted Beer Snob

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Another great report!

• Like Like x 1
  6. nancyf

nancyf Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Loved this report --- family vacation for $600... can't beat it! Your little girls are adorable....and you all seem like such a nice family.

• Like Like x 1
  7. Grid

Grid VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thanks Mark, and he sure is! I know they are just there to sell you pictures with him. But they do not pressure you at all and he hams it up with the kids pretty well.

NYNY is smaller, but with a ton more claw machines. My kids are small, so they like the carnival type games (with real people running them and you win actual prizes) and the kiddie rides at Excal. And thank you for reading it!

That's how you do it! Even without the Free Play, I like having a home base on each end of the Strip. Moving can be a pain in the asshole, but I think it's worth it to double up on the money, and get 2 vacations in 1.

8. Grid

Grid VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thanks for reading it. I dont always get lucky on the machines, but I have been holding my own. When you bet a bit higher you really have to have the stomach for it. Those swings can be huge! But big risk sometimes equals big reward!

Thanks Dave! I think the machines are just a bit more fair at ti VS the big corporations on the Strip. And their Free Play is legit for some OK action. Good Luck!

Have at it Steve!

Thanks Tring!

Thank you for saying so Nancy. This time it was a value. Sometimes that fun family trip can cost me a few grand in gambling loses. Sometimes you get he bear, and sometimes the bear gets you LOL

9. Grid

Grid VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thats what I'm saying! I remember Ozzy Osbourne telling one of his kids not to get a tattoo. He said the whole world has them, and if you want to stand out, by the person without one.

Thank you!

10. andrew5499

andrew5499 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Very nice trip report....going to Vegas, getting your gambling fix AND making your wife and kids happy....Next trip, try top golf at MGM and Downtown Zip line (think your kids would like to see You Zipping down freemont)....Awesome report -loved the pictures. When is your next trip ?

• Like Like x 1
  11. mikeyvegas1

mikeyvegas1 High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Nice report Grid not many reports with the kids. I think this is the 2nd that I have seen. I think Nate dog did one once from Cosmo as well with his $1M bankroll.
    Looks like enough to keep the kids entertained but my wife says ours have to be 21 before I can take them. Just over 7k days for my son yet.

Sons 21st birthday trip
    • Like Like x 1
  12. Grid

Grid VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thanks Andrew! We did the ziplines a few months ago, it was in my trip report just below this one on my site. I'm actually thinking of doing a day on Fremont with the family. Next to nothing to do there directly, but they have a pretty solid Childrens Museum you can walk to pretty easily. As for my next trip, hopefully soon!

Thanks Mike, if I had Nate's money I'd just have my Au Pair follow us around all day to tend to the kiddies. I get that Vegas with kids is not for everyone, maybe have your wife read my report! Ton of stuff to do as a family, and the best part is almost all of it is close together! If she does read it, to see all the family fun, just tell her I have terahertz. That should help explain all my cussing.

13. luck.ofthe.draw

luck.ofthe.draw VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Damn, that's an amazing offer @Grid! I hope to start bringing in some like that this year when I center my play at Cosmo later on. If there's one property I want to devote my ADT to, it's them.

Congrats on the affordable Spirit flight! I like them for Vegas flights but, coming from San Diego, it's no big deal for me. 4 hrs is a bit much, but you scored on the price, so why argue. Glad it went well!

Your girls are soo cute!!! I enjoy seeing all the family adventures you guys have - and Shark Reef is one of my favorite stops in Vegas. Glad you have a sting ray expert with you now :)

Shedd Aquarium looks super cool! We have the Scripps Birch Aquarium which is pretty neat: https://aquarium.ucsd.edu/

How did you score such a fantastic offer at the Cosmo? My goal is to tier up to Gold (I'm Sterling currently) this year, that seems like an ideal spot to be in.

Last edited: Mar 9, 2018
    Belated Birthday Adventure (the big 3-0)!!
    Thanksgiving trip!
    • Like Like x 1
  14. Grid

Grid VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thanks Luck! I think Cosmo comps slot players pretty fairly, from what I have heard. They did me right on this family adventure. I thought having kids at Cosmo would draw more eyes then it did. I saw more than a few buggies pass me by.

It is like being a biker. You are out on your motorcycle, and see another enthusiast, so you nod at each other. Dad's do the same things when strapped to a stroller in a place that is not meant to house kids. the "Sup" nod was shared between me and a few there. So not so bad.

This big offer was from them was a typical new player teaser. But after this trip, the offers I'm now seeing are still $400 in Free Play and $100 in dining. Which are both very respectable for the amount of play!

To get on their radar I just sent over one of my other Vegas offers and they came very close to matching all of it. After that one get out of jail free card, my play should carry me forward!

• Like Like x 1
  15. Boydstun

Boydstun Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Awesome report, thanks

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.